• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Torreira out and at this point I'd be in for Bissouma, especially if ElNeny goes as well. Want Conte as the next manager, if that isn't possible go for Potter. Bissouma would obviously be a player each of those would like.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Torreira out and at this point I'd be in for Bissouma, especially if ElNeny goes as well. Want Conte as the next manager, if that isn't possible go for Potter. Bissouma would obviously be a player each of those would like.
The rumoured price of 50 million pounds for a player with 2 years in contract is way too much. And we have the problem of Partey & Bissouma going to AFCON.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The rumoured price of 50 million pounds for a player with 2 years in contract is way too much. And we have the problem of Partey & Bissouma going to AFCON.

Is that the rumoured price? Was under the impression it was lower than that. I'm not bothered about AFCON, you don't opt against signing a player because they potentially miss a month during a season. If there quality is there you sign them.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Let's hope he rediscover some of his form there he'll be a starter because thier midfield options aren't that good.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Fiorentina would have accepted a loan with an option to buy of £100m, they aren't buying him.

We've 2 more years of loaning him out to tight wad Italian / Spanish clubs before his contracts up :lol:

Screws you when a player only wants to play in a couple of countries.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Fiorentina would have accepted a loan with an option to buy of £100m, they aren't buying him.

We've 2 more years of loaning him out to tight wad Italian / Spanish clubs before his contracts up :lol:

Screws you when a player only wants to play in a couple of countries.

If he plays well why wouldn’t they buy him? €15m is nothing. The only reason they won’t buy him is if he’s ****, which there’s a fair chance of.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It he play very well there will be alot of clubs want him from Italy the financial situation will be bit better now fans getting back to stadiums

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Let's hope he has a good season so we can fetch the €15m. Probably with all the loan fees, we would've recouped about €20m total. We bought him for a little under €30m, so the loss would be minimal (I guess by accounting standards we make a small profit in the next bookyear because his contract is almost up).

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If he plays well why wouldn’t they buy him? €15m is nothing. The only reason they won’t buy him is if he’s ****, which there’s a fair chance of.

I guess it's possible but when was the last time an Italian club signed one of our players for a fairly decent fee? It was like trying to get blood from a stone to get £5m from Napoli for Ospina.

£15m would probably be a sizeable chunk of Fiorentina's budget next summer. I'm sure they'd be able to talk Arsenal into loaning him to them again if he does decent for them anyway :lol:

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Let's hope he has a good season so we can fetch the €15m. Probably with all the loan fees, we would've recouped about €20m total. We bought him for a little under €30m, so the loss would be minimal (I guess by accounting standards we make a small profit in the next bookyear because his contract is almost up).
No I believe the loan fee is 1m so way off the mark. If Athletico last season paid more than 2.5m loan fee i would be amazed

Liam_Og

I guess thats what we are sort of banking on, has a good year in Italy and one of the few clubs with money makes an offer on his if fiorentina doesn’t take the option.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Is that the rumoured price? Was under the impression it was lower than that. I'm not bothered about AFCON, you don't opt against signing a player because they potentially miss a month during a season. If there quality is there you sign them.
Bissouma might even cost more than £50m as ridiculous as that sounds. He was by far Brighton's best player last year. There are a few Brighton quotes about how they would consider offers above that. No way we are shelling out as much as that unless Xhaka leaves.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bissouma might even cost more than £50m as ridiculous as that sounds. He was by far Brighton's best player last year. There are a few Brighton quotes about how they would consider offers above that. No way we are shelling out as much as that unless Xhaka leaves.

Agreed it won't happen now, but it would have been a far better allocation of resources than 50m on White or 30m on Ramsdale for example.

Feel they've dug themselves into a hole this window and it's going to be very hard from this point to strengthen the first 11 to a sufficient level now.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Agreed it won't happen now, but it would have been a far better allocation of resources than 50m on White or 30m on Ramsdale for example.

Feel they've dug themselves into a hole this window and it's going to be very hard from this point to strengthen the first 11 to a sufficient level now.
Oh yeah I totally agree. I'm not sure Biss would have been sensible this year purely because of AFCON and Partey, but in terms of quality he's up there amongst the best we could have brought in for the central slot.

It's frustrating because we've spent the money, but just not on area's of the team that needed it the most (accept for attacking mid tbf). Huge gamble by Arteta and he's paying for it now with results. Hopefully we address right back at least before the window closes

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
And another one with an option to buy that's not going to be exercised. Next year another loan before he leaves us for free.

We are goddamn awful in our transfer business.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If it’s true he wanted to fight for his place and Arteta didn’t want to keep him that’s a potential mistake.

Don’t rate Torreira but we’re playing a kid in midfield and are currently looking at Elneny as first change.

There’s more value in him getting decent minutes for us and doing ok than changing city and cultures yet again.

Really he now needs to have an insane season in Fiorentina or else he’s going on a cancelled contract, aka the Edu special.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
No I believe the loan fee is 1m so way off the mark. If Athletico last season paid more than 2.5m loan fee i would be amazed
Ah, my bad. Somehow I thought we had loaned him out to the Serie A before Atletico as well, so I was counting 3x 1.5m (I read €1.5m for Fiorentina move).

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Wonder who his new dream club will be when this loan doesn't work out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom