• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Theo Walcott scored more PL goals in his career than Gareth Bale.

Giroud cost £10M, had a strike rate to rival Drogba when he played for us.

In terms of PL goals during the 2010s he’s eighth overall. The only players who cost less than him on that list are Kane and Vardy.

Everyone else cost double or triple what he did. Maybe a shout for Wenger’s greatest ever signing?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Giroud cost £10M, had a strike rate to rival Drogba when he played for us.

In terms of PL goals during the 2010s he’s eighth overall. The only players who cost less than him on that list are Kane and Vardy.

Everyone else cost double or triple what he did. Maybe a shout for Wenger’s greatest ever signing?
Yeah, let's just ignore goal scoring environments.

Giroud's strike rate never even reached top level quality compared to his actual contemporaries. There were seasons where he was at a similar strike rate to Ricky Lambert and Christian Benteke FFS.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Giroud went a crazy amount of games without scoring when we needed him for the title.

He’s an average to good player, I don’t care if he won the WC. He was a tool in the system and that’s it, scored 0 goals in the tournament. I respect the trophies but that’s about it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Guys, Rex is saying these things a little tongue in cheek.

You just need to relax :lol:

Riou

Giroud was a good player, not arguing that.

But when you grew up with Thierry as your striker, it's quite a drop to then have to watch Ollie for half a decade.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Misunderstood by many, appreciated by the discerning.
Giroud's PL rank for npG/90 in his seasons as a starter for Arsenal:

12-13: 16th
13-14: 18th
14-15: 4th

So his best season as a starter he was only 4th in an Arsenal team that finished 3rd and was coached by Arsène Wenger, and his average rate was 13th in the league. Yeah...

15-16 and 16-17 his rates look better because of sub effects (same thing that made Morata look like a world beater statistically at Madrid), ie your rates get a huge boost when coming on as a sub.

So overrated by Arsenal fans. The definition of mediocrity (or worse) as a starter yet you have people manipulating the facts to compare him to Drogba, FFS.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
This also applies to Giroud really... except we had seasons were we just couldn't drop him, as we had no genuine alternative, so we had to suffer through his crap-ness.

Nether are good enough to he starters, for what we expect Arsenal to be...good squad players to have though.
Yeah agree it’s just that we spent 50m on Lacazette and expected much more from him, disappointing signing in general.

People acted like comparing Defoe to him was an insult when Defoe was 10x the player tbf.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Genuinely I can tell whether someone knows ball or not if they sh*t on the big man.
I will happily embrace my potato knowledge in football because he deserves to be shat all over multiple times the way some of you big him up.

He's clearly a fine player in his own right with a fantastic career, but the reality is whilst at Arsenal he was learning on the job and we paid the price for that.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I will happily embrace my potato knowledge in football because he deserves to be shat all over multiple times the way some of you big him up.

He's clearly a fine player in his own right with a fantastic career, but the reality is whilst at Arsenal he was learning on the job and we paid the price for that.

Backed your knowledge previously bro. Sad to see.

Macho posters coming down.

Riou

I loved Cesc when he was here.

But it's better for him to big up Chelsea, rather than Arsenal...find that less annoying, after all that's happened since 2011.

Reactions: A_G
Top Bottom