• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Just remembered they gave away his shirt number for no reason too

Regular Season Lol GIF by NBA

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just remembered they gave away his shirt number for no reason too

Regular Season Lol GIF by NBA
Yeah. That was the nail in the coffin for me. At least retaining the number would have said it is waiting for him when he comes back. Yet they chose to say it is now Ben Whites number. He is our guy. What is even more insane is that he becomes HG after this season I believe? So his value in the squad as a HG player is of the same status.

His ceiling is so high. Arteta saw him in training and thought he wasn't good enough. Then again he probably isn't according to Arteta as players who are good enough, namely, Holding, Chambers, Mari, Runnarson, Willian, Ceballos, Cedric, Elneny and Xhaka. It's basically who he gets on with the most.

Pepe, Auba, Nelson, Gabriel, AMN, Saliba, Guendouzi, Torreira and Willock have all had their separate issues with Arteta. They aren't yes men. That is a problem for Arteta.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Yeah. That was the nail in the coffin for me. At least retaining the number would have said it is waiting for him when he comes back. Yet they chose to say it is now Ben Whites number. He is our guy. What is even more insane is that he becomes HG after this season I believe? So his value in the squad as a HG player is of the same status.

His ceiling is so high. Arteta saw him in training and thought he wasn't good enough. Then again he probably isn't according to Arteta as players who are good enough, namely, Holding, Chambers, Mari, Runnarson, Willian, Ceballos, Cedric, Elneny and Xhaka. It's basically who he gets on with the most.

Pepe, Auba, Nelson, Gabriel, AMN, Saliba, Guendouzi, Torreira and Willock have all had their separate issues with Arteta. They aren't yes men. That is a problem for Arteta.
Arteta freezing him out for non football reasons. Saliba probably questioned why he wasn’t in the Europa league squad last year.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Not as simple as that anymore.

As others have said, he is having a great season, if he continues, a top club might want him...while we might not even be in Europe for the second straight season again.

Had some hope about him returning, but don't think there is any chance of that now...think he has just had enough of the whole club, tbh.
Eh, I just don't agree. Saliba grew up an Arsenal fan, there are photos of him as a kid with our kit on.

The entire blame for the way he's been treated belongs to Arteta and Edu. So I think he'd like to make his mark at Arsenal if they're sacked.

He's only 20, so he's in no rush to make a move to a bigger club, either.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Easy solution.
Get that Marseille manager in. Looks like he has them play good football + he’ll bring back Guendouzi and Saliba with him.

win-win
I watched 1 half against i forgot who, 2 weeks ago? If anything, good football is the last thing i'dcall it. It was horrible, boring and uninspiring. Then again, it was only 1 half so i am not going to judge Sampaoli yet.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I watched 1 half against i forgot who, 2 weeks ago? If anything, good football is the last thing i'dcall it. It was horrible, boring and uninspiring. Then again, it was only 1 half so i am not going to judge Sampaoli yet.

Actually, Sampaoli, like Bielsa, tends to build his teams to play attacking and attractive football and indeed the Marseille team, while on a rebuilding stage, tends to do that. Perhaps you should watch more than one half and makes a more informed opinion.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
From when Holding and Chambers get beaten at the back post by Sterling and Gundogan. Saliba is instantly better than them. That isn't even considering everything else that Saliba is superior in. I would deal with Saliba making that mistake as it is something he can learn from. Holding and Chambers shouldn't be making that mistake at their age.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Actually, Sampaoli, like Bielsa, tends to build his teams to play attacking and attractive football and indeed the Marseille team, while on a rebuilding stage, tends to do that. Perhaps you should watch more than one half and makes a more informed opinion.
I am only saying what i saw from 1 half. If it was good football i would have watched the 2nd half as well. In case you didn't see the tone of my text, i wasn't bashing him and admitted it's only 1 half.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
His athleticism and speed alone would have to improve us, even if he couldn't defend to save his life. When things are this bad, you'd be willing to have a look at anybody rather than have to see the ****s we've got in our back line ever again.

Top Bottom