• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FPL (Fantasy Premier League)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Barnes got me a shipload of points last year.

He’s had a bit of a slow start to the season, but worth persevering with. I may swap him in a few weeks time, at a great value currently but will give Raphinha a chance to prove his worth with some haul-worthy games coming up for Leeds.

Yeah got Raphinha because he’s just a special player in an attacking side.

I have Lukaku, Bruno and Son so a bit f*cked for budget. Am forced to play one of ESR and Mbuemo at the minute.

Might make the move to Emmanuel Dennis if he keeps starting.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Yeah got Raphinha because he’s just a special player in an attacking side.

I have Lukaku, Bruno and Son so a bit f*cked for budget. Am forced to play one of ESR and Mbuemo at the minute.

Might make the move to Emmanuel Dennis if he keeps starting.
Barnes got me a shipload of points last year.

He’s had a bit of a slow start to the season, but worth persevering with. I may swap him in a few weeks time, at a great value currently but will give Raphinha a chance to prove his worth with some haul-worthy games coming up for Leeds.
Was debating selling him for Raphinha to get 0.5 in the bank and to prevent losing value, but decided against it. He did drop in price, but I want to keep him for the Norwich game. Think I will put him in the squad ahead of Wilson. Keeping him will give me the option to replace both him and Son for a 12m+ midfielder and a 5m midfielder later.

I like having one solid 5.5-6 player on the bench, but I thought that would be Benrahma and he's smashing it so he's in the starting line-up. Feels kind of wasteful to have a 7m (or 6.9 now) player on the bench as first option.

Probably wildcarding early around GW7 so I will correct that mistake at some point.

blrgooner

Established Member
I have Barnes but I feel I made a mistake picking him ahead of Maddison whose price is the same.
Anyways I think till now the teams have been pretty similar with predictable players scoring points. Things will become tougher after next week IMO.
BTW is the league people are playing here called "Arsenal-Mania" or "Arsenal Mania FPL"? I seem to be in both of these groups ATM.

Dutch D

I have Barnes but I feel I made a mistake picking him ahead of Maddison whose price is the same.
Anyways I think till now the teams have been pretty similar with predictable players scoring points. Things will become tougher after next week IMO.
BTW is the league people are playing here called "Arsenal-Mania" or "Arsenal Mania FPL"? I seem to be in both of these groups ATM.
I'm in Arsenal Mania FPL.

pikey2000

Joined, albeit late, any idea if it carries your current points tally across or do you start from scratch when joining new leagues?

I'm dogshit anwyay, so won't make much difference, just curious :)

Dutch D

Joined, albeit late, any idea if it carries your current points tally across or do you start from scratch when joining new leagues?

I'm dogshit anwyay, so won't make much difference, just curious :)
I think there is just one leaderboard and if you join a subleague it's based on that leaderboard, so not like you lose points joining a league late.

Dutch D

Interesting that players like Stones and Chilwell are dropping in price. Think they are solid picks once they start featuring again. Believe Laporte is still on the transferlist for City, so Stones could be back soon. Sancho as well, and Arsenal players once we have a new manager.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Decent start for me so far. Learned my lessons from last season, playing more patiently and paying attention to upcoming fixtures now.

Dutch D

Happy with the gameweek result. Bit weird Greenwood didn't get bonus points after scoring the winning goal. Also made the wrong choice again having Wilson on the bench with 9 points whilst betting on Barnes who got 2 points.

What I want to do is Ings -> DCL and Barnes -> Raphinha, but I don't know what's going on with the international break. Raphinha apparently going to a red country, as well as Antonio and Salah in my squad.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Happy with the gameweek result. Bit weird Greenwood didn't get bonus points after scoring the winning goal. Also made the wrong choice again having Wilson on the bench with 9 points whilst betting on Barnes who got 2 points.

What I want to do is Ings -> DCL and Barnes -> Raphinha, but I don't know what's going on with the international break. Raphinha apparently going to a red country, as well as Antonio and Salah in my squad.
They aren’t allowed to go anymore.

Dutch D

Anyone considering an early wildcard? I'm quite happy with my squad and ranked 26k at the moment, but there are some things I want to do: get rid of Barnes, capitalize on Tsimikas' price rise, replace Ings with DCL, etc.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Anyone considering an early wildcard? I'm quite happy with my squad and ranked 26k at the moment, but there are some things I want to do: get rid of Barnes, capitalize on Tsimikas' price rise, replace Ings with DCL, etc.

Potentially. Need to get rid of Bruno now Ronaldo has signed but haven’t got the cash for a straight Ings upgrade.

If not I might drop Bruno to a cheaper option then make the CR7 or even Kane upgrade of Ings the week after.

Dutch D

Potentially. Need to get rid of Bruno now Ronaldo has signed but haven’t got the cash for a straight Ings upgrade.

If not I might drop Bruno to a cheaper option then make the CR7 or even Kane upgrade of Ings the week after.
Yeah, if CR7 is 12.5m I'm getting him in as well.

That does create some new issues, as I don't want to get rid of Son necessarily, but I find it more or less impossible to fit Son, Salah and a 12.5m striker in a squad if I'm tinkering. Only way to do it for me would be to ditch TAA.

Would look something like:

Sanchez
5.5 defender (I would want James) - Shaw - Matip
Salah - Son - Jota - Benrahma
Armstrong - Ronaldo - Antonio

Foster, 4.5 mid, 4.5 def, 4.0 def

Don't like the look of that above what I have to be honest. Don't want to rely on a 6m forward every week.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I've just done it. Had to take advantage of Kane's dropped price and really wanted to add Ronaldo as well, the only way for me to do it was to use the wildcard early. Quite pleased with how the team turned out, actually.

Though I did place in the 3 million range last season and am currently placed in the low 1 million range, so I'm clearly not the guy to give anyone advice on the matter. :lol:

Dutch D

When does Ronaldo start rising in price? Debating whether to wildcard or not.

Top Bottom