• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

db10fan

Gentlemen , after objective analysis and questioning my biases, I'm Arteta IN. (mods can i change my vote ;) haha)

personal opinion plus innate optimism
  1. Patience is a must, it doesn't feel good but 3-5 years (ongoing) is required , were deep in the rebuild/transition/project/ whatevs you call it theres no turning back , embrace the growing pains, he wasn't taking over a well oiled machine.
  2. fantastic young squad (young players are behind him) , those players will be monsters in due time , need to grow on the pitch together
  3. not fully convinced other managerial options can work under these circumstances.
  4. if you have time check this thread
  5. the key people who have the power to decide his fate trust him and have empowered him , complaining that i want him out just brought a negativity thats not nice for my fan experience .
  6. Early days in the season ,im confident once full squad is available, gelled and gotten minutes together things will be different results wise , (expect a top 4 challenge).
  7. i still believe theres 3 league titles and a champions league for us this decade!!!! it sounds insane but Arteta could create a dynasty here at Arsenal
  8. Win Loose or Draw this is our team, one love guys even though we differ opinion wise

(Note:this does not excuse bad performances or criticisms you hold on how we play)
1. Patience must have limit in professional football or this season is a write off and next summers all the better players in our squad will be approached by better teams and we have to sell them or keep them as as unhappy players, while being even less attractive for young elite talents to replace better players we will have to sell due to we underperformed, thus deepening us in the downward spiral we already in. I give Teta next 4 EPL games to show immediate improvement, if not sack him, then the next 4 more to see if the improvement is sustainable, if not sack him.
2. Calling the youngsters fantastic is a gross hyping up, they are just good workable talents, yes they will improve with game time but more importantly they need good coaching and man management which so far Teta mostly fails to show.
3. There are experienced coaches and managers with good track record of developing young players/teams so why you have to continue trusting a rookie who has had 18 months to learn and still not showing that he can get results at least on par with the talents available to him.
4. Emulating Pep's positional play with smaller funds which get inferior players will only results as 2nd or 3rd rate imitation of Pep's team which other teams will find easier to play and defeat as the players will not be good enough to win the duels in situations positional play put them in often enough. The beauty of football is that it can be won by multiple tactics, not just positional play, and the best coaches/managers get results with the tactics best suited to players available to him. In the end its always the results that matters.
5. Yes, i do wish for Teta to wise up and gets us better results.
6. 8 more games at most is enough chances for Teta to show sustainable improvements.
7. Hopefully, we can always dream of success.
8. Agree.

Hazza_14

Some tactical insight into what Arteta is looking to do and what I believe will come to fruition with key players coming back into the fold!

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Some tactical insight into what Arteta is looking to do and what I believe will come to fruition with key players coming back into the fold!

A damning indictment of your credentials when you've been almost been 2 years into your post & you're still tinkering with your strategies with no clue on how to apply them in real time or get "your" players on board with them.

His days here are numbered, all we need is for Farke to turn the screw & send him tumbling down his own table to clubs of his true level like QPR or Birmingham.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

So Emery got the sack for finishing in 5th place & Arteta gets the non stop backing even after finishing outside Europe 1st time in our lifetime. A goal like this is how we should be playing & at least Emery & Wenger had us doing this. I don't see how he's still getting the backing when 2 managers score goals like this & he's taken our permission to do this stuff anymore?

MikeVinna

Established Member
Arteta doesn’t seem to want to give up on his poor tactics. We’re slow, predictable and we over complicate things for ourselves. He still wants to play an inverted RB, Auba LW and endless crossing from LB. Things he should be long done with.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought there might be an outside chance of CL if we acted quickly, but hearing Edu and the other fraud speak we’re clearly wait till November / December to pull the trigger.

Probably try to blame the fans while they’re at it.

silent_shadow

Established Member
It actually makes me rage if I think that after all this time, we finally get good financial backing and the manager who gets to enjoy it is this amateur. Absolutely disgusting.

Imagine Wenger had been backed this way. Even Emery would've done far far better. Absolute Rage.

I've also thought a bit about the stupid fanbase this guy and Xhaka has and I've putting it down to what I like to call the Patrick Bateman affect: the good looking, confident, outspoken, so-called "Alpha" men that reel in so many who aspire to be like them. The truth is they're fragile imposters, but many just can't - or refuse to -see it. Those being the losers who are busy trying to emulate them and can't face the truth.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Why is every argument for Arteta basically ‘well Pep did it’.

Despite the fact he has never worked at a club like Arsenal.

Honestly because a lot of people are not very smart......... they are in denial that Arteta can never be Guardiola and it is unhealthy if he wants us to be playing Guardiola football. In the first place the football Guardiola plays in City is very different from what he played in Bayern and Barca, Guardiola is constantly evolving and improving his football. So what Arteta learnt from Guardiola will become outdated and irrelevant in a few seasons time, by then Guardiola would be getting his team to play much better football. And so will other managers in the PL.

IstraBalagina

Honestly because a lot of people are not very smart......... they are in denial that Arteta can never be Guardiola and it is unhealthy if he wants us to be playing Guardiola football. In the first place the football Guardiola plays in City is very different from what he played in Bayern and Barca, Guardiola is constantly evolving and improving his football. So what Arteta learnt from Guardiola will become outdated and irrelevant in a few seasons time, by then Guardiola would be getting his team to play much better football. And so will other managers in the PL.
A bit easier to "improve" with unlimited budget, don't you think ?

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom