• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Conte would be quite the coup for us, in the condition we are in.

On his side though, he needs to be thinking a bit more long term here...we aren't Inter or Chelsea, we need someone who can help rebuild us.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
If things go REALLY bad then yeah we’ll speak to Conte. But what is REALLY bad? Losing to Norwich and Burnley? Not beating Sp**s? Even then I can see us staying with Micky.

Intermediaries are always speaking.
Look at the fixture list from October 30 to December 4. Could easily be in the bottom half the of the table approaching Christmas, he won't survive that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Look at the fixture list from October 30 to December 4. Could easily be in the bottom half the of the table approaching Christmas, he won't survive that.
He survived it last season. Now we’re told this is a youth project, we’re building for the future. Nothing is happening unless Micky falls off a cliff, which won’t happen.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
He survived it last season. Now we’re told this is a youth project, we’re building for the future. Nothing is happening unless Micky falls off a cliff, which won’t happen.
He'll be two years into the job by then and if he's still struggling, the match going fans will let their feelings be known like they did with the previous two managers.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He'll be two years into the job by then and if he's still struggling, the match going fans will let their feelings be known like they did with the previous two managers.
We’ll win a couple of games, we’ll lose a few, I think Arteta will just hang on this season. If we get Europa League then that is seen as an improvement from last season.

I’m always ahead of the game, I see a massive con job happening here.

GDeep™

League is very weak
My brother can get PSG tickets btw, think I’m going to go Paris a few times and watch Neymar/Messi before they both decline. Don’t care about Arsenal tbh, not going to stress anymore.

Neymar is the best footballer in the world for me.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Who else could they hire? People just about Dunga etc but we know that's not going to happen.

I think there's plenty of managers we don't or wouldnt like to see here that the board would be contempt with.

Conte is not going to play nice if things don't happen from a DoF point of view. He's also likely to ask for ready made players and none of this project youth mark 3 stuff.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
We’ll win a couple of games, we’ll lose a few, I think Arteta will just hang on this season. If we get Europa League then that is seen as an improvement from last season.

:lol::facepalm:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

10 days before Emery got sacked you said a good run will keep him around until the summer. The fact is that managers never get as long as that. Arteta won't be able to justify being in the bottom half in December having spent £140m, the pressure will be too much. Think Edu is closer to the owners than Mik and he'll be looking to spare his own blushes as well, making Arteta the fall guy.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I think there's plenty of managers we don't or wouldnt like to see here that the board would be contempt with.

Conte is not going to play nice if things don't happen from a DoF point of view. He's also likely to ask for ready made players and none of this project youth mark 3 stuff.
Conte doesn't exactly have a lot of leverage in his demands. As Gab mentioned his job options are limited, Arsenal might be as good as it gets for him for a while. Edu and the board went out and got the players Arteta wanted so there's no reason imo why that wouldn't apply for Conte.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I cannot wait until Conte is off the market again, hopefully before Arteta is kicked out of our club. 🙏

Im not a fan of his style of football, and its not a manager to tick us over for more than 2/3 years, or even 1/2 years either. Giving us that stability I think we need right now.

This club needs to stick to its world famous football playing style as far as Im concerned, and for that we need a Rodgers, Potter, Bielsa, Ten Hag, Favre, Gasperini, Gallardo, Enrique, Fonseca, Rose, Nagelsman, etc.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Conte doesn't exactly have a lot of leverage in his demands. As Gab mentioned his job options are limited, Arsenal might be as good as it gets for him for a while. Edu and the board went out and got the players Arteta wanted so there's no reason imo why that wouldn't apply for Conte.
I would assume he'd be content to wait for the right opportunity. He can probably pay the bills without being gainfully employed.

KMy intuition is that ideally Arsenal don't like to to employ managers who have already been associated with another (big) club. They did it once with emery and they got their fingers burned. Ideally they would want to replicate Wengers succession who became a brilliant success from an anonymous Japanese K league club. Arteta is kind of in that tradition being only assistant manager. Of course we are living in a different world now . If you remember Wengers own choice was Ancelotti. I hope I am wrong because here are a number of things wrong with Arteta so I hope we are not stuck with him because of a lack of alternatives. But Conte and Rogers may be ruled out. It's just Arsenal's mistaken patrician ways

Latest posts+

Top Bottom