• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

BNC dropped out of the England u18 squad so he must be injured.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Maybe it was hard to shift so many in this market but quite a lot of players have remained who should have left either permanently or on loan.

Hard to see the likes of McEneff, Swanson, Lopez, Akinola, Olayinka, Alebiosu, Cottrell, Lewis and probably a couple more I’ve forgot making it here.

Just hope they’re not now going to get games ahead of the lads who’ve been playing, be annoying if somebody like Patino or BNC lose out to players who don’t have the same first team potential.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Maybe it was hard to shift so many in this market but quite a lot of players have remained who should have left either permanently or on loan.

Hard to see the likes of McEneff, Swanson, Lopez, Akinola, Olayinka, Alebiosu, Cottrell, Lewis and probably a couple more I’ve forgot making it here.

Just hope they’re not now going to get games ahead of the lads who’ve been playing, be annoying if somebody like Patino or BNC lose out to players who don’t have the same first team potential.
I was disappointed to see so many not get loans, especially Cottrell - it's well past time he played competitive football. Interesting to hear Jeorge Bird say that Akinola played well vs Southampton but he's a huge advocate for having a pure ball-winning defensive midfielder so Akinola hits almost every target there.

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens there - hopefully things don't get clogged.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Karl Hein looking really impressive tonight against Wales. I'm excited about this lad, he's 19, gaining his 9th cap and performing at senior level.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Karl Hein looking really impressive tonight against Wales. I'm excited about this lad, he's 19, gaining his 9th cap and performing at senior level.
Has yet to sign a deal so watch this space. The club rate Okonkwo higher (as do I tbh, but Hein's no slouch at all). If Okonkwo can get over his nerves, he's a monster talent in his own right - lost well over a year of development but still managed to get back to exactly where he was in no time. Hein IMO will probably leave. He's a good goalie and there's little between him and Okonkwo but the club seem to have chosen their guy and I'm not mad at it compared to some of their other questionable decisions.

Academy right now is pretty strong in the GK department with Ejeheri and Grazcyk (My FM don, has gotten so many cleansheets for me :lol:) both developing nicely aswell and Remy Mitchell close behind.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Interesting to see Charlie Patino training with the first team again. I saw his highlights against Swindon, it's difficult not to be excited about this guy in all honesty. His footballing intelligence is already top level IMO, the way he dribbles, the way he exploits space, his decision making, all superb.

Given our thin central midfield options, I'd like to see him feature at some point. Maybe a start against AFC Wimbledon. The idea of him and Ødegaard playing together is tantalising.

nick gould

Interesting to see Charlie Patino training with the first team again. I saw his highlights against Swindon, it's difficult not to be excited about this guy in all honesty. His footballing intelligence is already top level IMO, the way he dribbles, the way he exploits space, his decision making, all superb.

Given our thin central midfield options, I'd like to see him feature at some point. Maybe a start against AFC Wimbledon. The idea of him and Ødegaard playing together is tantalising.
He is the reason why I came to this thread. Can someone give us some details about how good this boy is. What type of a player is he. I have seen some tweets saying he is the best talent from Hale end since jack Wilshere. Some expect him to break through before Miguel Aziz? @MutableEarth, we could do with some information. I am sure I am asking for many here.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Patino is a bigger talent than Azeez, but neither are anywhere near ready for the first team. Found the hype of Patino ridiculous this week - based on a performance in a loss to a league 2 team. People talking about him being better than Wilshere, clearly people who never watched Jack at that age, or saw what he was doing then.

This season should be all about having a full campaign at u23 level for Patino, see how he is next summer, does he need another season of u23 football after that? His mistake in the West Ham game for example is something people would kill him for in the first team, yet these same kids hyping him ignore it at u23 level - they probably never even watched that game.

He’s got all the potential in the world, but he won’t be an option in the PL for another couple of years, same for Azeez who’s worse than Xhaka defensively.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Confused cause the website puts the game today at 13.00 but I don't see anything about it on the Academy twitter page?
I'm on twitter looking it up, it went ahead at 13:00 as planned but no stream that I can see. We are 1-0 up though, Balogun scored

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Balogun makes it 2-0 against United.

Tom349

Patino is a bigger talent than Azeez, but neither are anywhere near ready for the first team. Found the hype of Patino ridiculous this week - based on a performance in a loss to a league 2 team. People talking about him being better than Wilshere, clearly people who never watched Jack at that age, or saw what he was doing then.

This season should be all about having a full campaign at u23 level for Patino, see how he is next summer, does he need another season of u23 football after that? His mistake in the West Ham game for example is something people would kill him for in the first team, yet these same kids hyping him ignore it at u23 level - they probably never even watched that game.

He’s got all the potential in the world, but he won’t be an option in the PL for another couple of years, same for Azeez who’s worse than Xhaka defensively.

Hard to compare.

Could make an argument that the talent Patino is coming up alongside is lightyears ahead of what Wilshere played with and against at the same age, thus potentially not looking as much of a standout talent.

Top Bottom