• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White 📝

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Fantastic. Very pleased with this signing, addressed a very important need and got it. We badly needed a CB with composure, quality, and personality on the ball, and whatever people say about Saliba we just did not have that, him being 20 years old and partnering a player in limited experience in Gabriel.

You have to say in two transfer windows since the new regime took over from the disasterclass of Em*ry and Raül "Three Fids a Day" Sanllehí, we've made quite a lot of important first XI signings needed to get us to the level required for top 4-6 competition.

• RCB with quality and composure on the ball who can cope with the demands of playing out from the back in a possession style: check.
  • LCB with quality on the ball and defensive characteristics necessary and major projection: check.
  • CM with quality on the ball and tactical intelligence defensively, and press resistance and needed quality to improve our play both in possession and in transitions, while providing tactical and defensive quality: check.
  • CAM with quality, composure to link midfield and attack in the 10 space, and play the final ball: check.
Add in Ramsdale who it is early days but looks promising (despite all the vitriol directed at the idea of his signing... 🤷‍♂️), Lokonga who looks a decent midfield partner for Thomas in the immediate and long-term, Saka's evolution into a sort of Iniesta like playmaker who is more often than not the one to unbalance the defence with his movement on the half-turn and in half-spaces (see our goal today), ESR's emergence as a glue player and ball-carrier who speeds our play up in transitions and links midfield and attack in dangerous situations from wide and half-spaces, and Pepe's major development under this regime (gone from looking like an absolute flop to one of my favourite players currently), Tomiyasu who it is early days but looks a promising RB signing, and you can see that we've basically re-built the XI from top to bottom (minus #9, and even then the regime has had a big hand in him staying on and not leaving) from the absolute disaster that was inherited under the rudderless and shocking technical planning under Raül and Em*ry, which really only rivalled in its incompetence that of the regime we took Raül 'Three Fids a Day' from.

Results need to accompany this season no matter what, there is absolutely no excuse for anything less than 6th, and personally my reasonable expectation would be 5th, with my best case scenario being pushing for top 4. But people need to look at what this regime has done so far, putting aside all the anger and the ranting and raving and with a cool head, and re-assess. If we do finish top 6, or 5th, as I expect, this season, then this regime deserves a lot of credit from where it has taken us, in the absolute disastrous state it picked us up in.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Fantastic. Very pleased with this signing, addressed a very important need and got it. We badly needed a CB with composure, quality, and personality on the ball, and whatever people say about Saliba we just did not have that, him being 20 years old and partnering a player in limited experience in Gabriel.

You have to say in two transfer windows since the new regime took over from the disasterclass of Em*ry and Raül "Three Fids a Day" Sanllehí, we've made quite a lot of important first XI signings needed to get us to the level required for top 4-6 competition.

• RCB with quality and composure on the ball who can cope with the demands of playing out from the back in a possession style: check.
  • LCB with quality on the ball and defensive characteristics necessary and major projection: check.
  • CM with quality on the ball and tactical intelligence defensively, and press resistance and needed quality to improve our play both in possession and in transitions, while providing tactical and defensive quality: check.
  • CAM with quality, composure to link midfield and attack in the 10 space, and play the final ball: check.
Add in Ramsdale who it is early days but looks promising (despite all the vitriol directed at the idea of his signing... 🤷‍♂️), Lokonga who looks a decent midfield partner for Thomas in the immediate and long-term, Saka's evolution into a sort of Iniesta like playmaker who is more often than not the one to unbalance the defence with his movement on the half-turn and in half-spaces (see our goal today), ESR's emergence as a glue player and ball-carrier who speeds our play up in transitions and links midfield and attack in dangerous situations from wide and half-spaces, and Pepe's major development under this regime (gone from looking like an absolute flop to one of my favourite players currently), Tomiyasu who it is early days but looks a promising RB signing, and you can see that we've basically re-built the XI from top to bottom (minus #9, and even then the regime has had a big hand in him staying on and not leaving) from the absolute disaster that was inherited under the rudderless and shocking technical planning under Raül and Em*ry, which really only rivalled in its incompetence that of the regime we took Raül 'Three Fids a Day' from.

Results need to accompany this season no matter what, there is absolutely no excuse for anything less than 6th, and personally my reasonable expectation would be 5th, with my best case scenario being pushing for top 4. But people need to look at what this regime has done so far, putting aside all the anger and the ranting and raving and with a cool head, and re-assess. If we do finish top 6, or 5th, as I expect, this season, then this regime deserves a lot of credit from where it has taken us, in the absolute disastrous state it picked us up in.
Let’s see how it plays out!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Played a brilliant pass second half under pressure, like the look of him to be honest. Has a bit of Koscielny about him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Man his long passing is absolutely fantastic. People worry about his areal inability but we aren't going to face Peter crouch every game

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
How you doing fella? Bet you were absolutely fuming over the Charlie Patino hype last week?
Nah this guy is our Iniesta won't be surprised he get minutes in first team soon he look way ahead of everyone else at young level

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Can't believe saliba died for this guy, what a waste.
He'll partner white and Gabriel when he comeback next season. We already starting defense that non of them 24 years old going to be massive risk we throw him with them there little leadership

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still unsure of him in a 2, even though he was decent today.

Saliba-White-Gabriel would be good, but we couldn't get that because of reasons...

db10fan

Needs to be in 3 CB line up or moves to be the 6 to exploit his qualities while protecting his weakness, too bad I dont think Arteta can set up a team properly to his players qualities.

TinFish

This guy will be our new Koscielny. We will have moments of clown, youtube worthy defending in some matches. In other matches he will be looking potentially World Class. Still think we could have gambled on Saliba and spare the 50 million though....

Ideally we need a brute like Maguire in the back.

db10fan

So optimistic, lets hope all turns out as good as your early praises which at least makes me smile for the hopefulness.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom