• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

Alkesh

Hasn't gotten as much attention on here, but I thought Sambi quietly had a very good game today. Looked bright and energetic, moved the ball well, and looked defensively lively. Given how poor his partner AMN was for most of the game, I thought he did very well to keep our midfield solid.

Really want to see him play next to Partey, I think it could be a great pairing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He's good, but I think if we kept Guendouzi he would have kicked on better for us. Both are better than Xhaka.
Guendouzi started the same and he was only 19 years old until the attitude start to get him problems both will have excellent career

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He's good, but I think if we kept Guendouzi he would have kicked on better for us. Both are better than Xhaka.
Depends on what you like.

Lokonga way more composed and intelligent but doesn't engage much. Guendouzi a huge personality but chaotic at times. Both good technicians. Pick your poison. They're basically around the same level and quality going by everything I've seen.

Looking at our midfield, having both of them would have been nice but given we've got a few decent CMs on the come up aswell, Guendouzi's a loss we should be able to absorb better than we have.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's pretty decent, gotta be honest I'm not as blown away as some but I've seen a lot of bad midfielders and he certainly looks more promising than most of the trash that was walked through the door in the last few years.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He's pretty decent, gotta be honest I'm not as blown away as some but I've seen a lot of bad midfielders and he certainly looks more promising than most of the trash that was walked through the door in the last few years.
Can see he's still a fledgeling in a lot of ways but definitely someone with an upside to put more time into.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
When we witnessed crap like Xhaka Elneny Ceballos then player who take risks and pass forward its huge change for us Arsenal fans lol

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He reminds me a bit of Alex Song, when he was good for us, not the joke he became...very good on the ball from deep.

Think him and Partey will be quality, will be so sad when Mikel puts Xhaka straight back in after his ban :(

TinFish

Lokonga way more composed and intelligent but doesn't engage much. Guendouzi a huge personality but chaotic at times. Both good technicians. Pick your poison. They're basically around the same level and quality going by everything I've seen.

Looking at our midfield, having both of them would have been nice but given we've got a few decent CMs on the come up aswell, Guendouzi's a loss we should be able to absorb better than we have.
I mean, in a parallel universe he would have had a few seasons under Arsenal. No doubt he would be even more established by now here. Oh well. I like Lokonga, one of the smarter signings we’ve made.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Another pretty solid game from Lokonga. Did what he needed to do, and looked the senior partner to AMN at times. I admire his composure greatly.
Composure is the key word. He showed it from the very beginning in an otherwise terrible match for us against Brentford. He's incredibly composed and confident for a player of his age.

benjamin86

Established Member

Guendouzi was often a bit of a headless chicken for us, following the ball around and leaving some big gaps in midfield. i've not seen much of him since he's been loaned out though.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom