• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Tell you what tho, if Pukki were at better striker, at some points we were in trouble.

Think we have a really good counter attacking team that should be playing fast football, but I also don't trust this defense at all.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I am always amazed when people get worked up/angry on here, I have pretty much been joking my entire time on here.

Guess it helps I don't really take Arsenal seriously as a club anymore, mainly here for the bantz.

Quite a few posters stake their real life reputations on being accepted on a club team's forum :eek:ops:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Saliba balling for Marseille again, cheers Teta you slag.
Which one is @Hunta ?

0d48e8f05064f34991ce3a21e19c0fb0.gif

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I am always amazed when people get worked up/angry on here, I have pretty much been joking my entire time on here.

Guess it helps I don't really take Arsenal seriously as a club anymore, mainly here for the bantz.
I get angry like 2/3 times a year on here. You’ll know when it happens.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I honestly don't get that take at all.

I hated Emery's time here, but he's a really good manager in Spain and for mid table teams.

Meanwhile uncle Mik is out there praying for another international break.

The majority of the same players that supposedly weren't good enough for Arteta to do anything with almost got top 4 with Emery. Now obviously I say almost because naturally, we ballsed it up but what he's done in his coaching career means he shouldn't even be in the same conversation with someone like Arteta.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I honestly don't get that take at all.

I hated Emery's time here, but he's a really good manager in Spain and for mid table teams.

Meanwhile uncle Mik is out there praying for another international break.
Not that hard to understand.

Em*ry took over a team in decline and in disarray and turned the decline and disarray up to 100x, while our competitors continued to evolve positively and improve.

He took a team just pts off of CL places and took it to 8th. Arteta took that same team and while he has only improved on his predecessor marginally results wise (FA Cup, same position he picked the club up in his first full season), there is a coherence to his plans and his ideas which simply wasn't there with Em*ry--players, as much as people want them to, aren't questioning Arteta's ideas and instructions the way there were Em*ry's from the very beginning, this should tell you all something, but for whatever reason you don't want to pay attention to lots of things--and we know from previous managerial projects that when you are building something it is not always a dream and linear path (see, even the best and most experienced managers, the Messi and Ronaldo of managers of our generation, taking longer than expected to sow their seeds with their respective clubs), and takes a bit of time (especially in an increasingly competitive environment; Klopp picked up Liverpool in a similar situation as Arteta picked up Arsenal, but that was a Liverpool dealing with less serious competitors...Arteta picks up Arsenal with a fully built Liverpool and City, a far more potent Chelsea and United than Liverpool faced at the time...it's quite a different competitive environment).

Em*ry is not a really good manager in Spain, I've mentioned a few times how his recent projects have been a story of taking teams backward in the league from where he picked them up (minus Europa League, where his negative tactics have a modicum of success + him being kind of starbitten in this cup competition), and his successors improving upon him. Anyone who pays attention to football on a tactical level can see Em*ry is a man without clear ideas, nor much efficacy in transmitting them to his players; this was already remarkably, remarkably clear at PSG, where even a past it Arsène Wenger got the best of him. Hell, if you listen to him talk (and I'm talking about in Spanish, before we get into that old "it was his english that let him down" urban legend which doesn't hold water for a second) you can tell this.

Anyways, you lot can all keep thinking that all the journos of The Athletic, gunnerblog, arseblog, etc. etc. have some weird pro-Arteta conspiracy (and anti-Em*ry conspiracy) that they've agreed upon, or maybe you want to consider paying attention to some of these facts and details and consider your stances a bit.

The jury continues to still be very much out on Arteta; I was unhappy with his results last season and a crucial decisions which we badly paid for (not signing a creative midfielder and hedging bets with Willian and Ceballos or whatever the plan was there, not managing that window as effectively as it should've been re: sales of AMN etc.), but it is pretty obvious what he is trying to do with Edu this summer and that he is effectively diagnosing the teams problems and proactively attempting to address them. This season we will find out what he's all about as he has the tools at his disposal to perform to a decent (anything less than 6th and I'd pull the plug, less than 5th I'd be marginally disappointed) level.

But yeah, the way he is discussed on this forum, and the way he is discussed particular wrt to Em*ry, is quite laughable, frankly.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Not that hard to understand.

Em*ry took over a team in decline and in disarray and turned the decline and disarray up to 100x, while our competitors continued to evolve positively and improve.

He took a team just pts off of CL places and took it to 8th. Arteta took that same team and while he has only improved on his predecessor marginally results wise (FA Cup, same position he picked the club up in his first full season), there is a coherence to his plans and his ideas which simply wasn't there with Em*ry--players, as much as people want them to, aren't questioning Arteta's ideas and instructions the way there were Em*ry's from the very beginning, this should tell you all something, but for whatever reason you don't want to pay attention to lots of things--and we know from previous managerial projects that when you are building something it is not always a dream and linear path (see, even the best and most experienced managers, the Messi and Ronaldo of managers of our generation, taking longer than expected to sow their seeds with their respective clubs), and takes a bit of time (especially in an increasingly competitive environment; Klopp picked up Liverpool in a similar situation as Arteta picked up Arsenal, but that was a Liverpool dealing with less serious competitors...Arteta picks up Arsenal with a fully built Liverpool and City, a far more potent Chelsea and United than Liverpool faced at the time...).

Em*ry is not a really good manager in Spain, I've mentioned a few times how his recent projects have been a story of taking teams backward in the league from where he picked them up (minus Europa League, where his negative tactics have a modicum of success + him being kind of starbitten in this cup competition), and his successors improving upon him.

Anyways, you lot can all keep thinking that all the journos of The Athletic, gunnerblog, arseblog, etc. etc. have some weird pro-Arteta conspiracy (and anti-Em*ry conspiracy) that they've agreed upon, or maybe you want to consider paying attention to some of these facts and details and consider your stances a bit.

The jury continues to still be very much out on Arteta; I was unhappy with his results last season and a crucial decisions which we badly paid for (not signing a creative midfielder and hedging bets with Willian and Ceballos or whatever the plan was there, not managing that window as effectively as it should've been re: sales of AMN etc.), but it is pretty obvious what he is trying to do with Edu this summer and that he is effectively diagnosing the teams problems and proactively attempting to address them. This season we will find out what he's all about as he has the tools at his disposal to perform to a decent (anything less than 6th and I'd pull the plug, less than 5th I'd be marginally disappointed) level.

But yeah, the way he is discussed on this forum, and the way he is discussed particular wrt to Em*ry, is quite laughable, frankly.
No one reads your awful essays.

Latest posts

Top Bottom