• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
You know I can see your other posts, right? You wrote we would have scored more goals if Xhaka were playing. You clearly feel threatened by the emergence of Lokonga and feel the need to build a narrative against him.
Not at all. I hope he does well, i just think people are getting carried away because he's a new signing. Like when Elneny first arrived and everyone raved about his composure, or Guendouzi and his energy and through balls.

Keplaz

Yeah, tbf, I've criticised Mikel a bit for his handling of Guendouzi, but there's a lot to suggest that Guendouzi is just an immature knob, and against that there's not too much one can do.

Will see how his career evolves, being an immature knob isn't necessarily an impediment to being a top level footballer, there's been many like this (though it tends to be better if they are forward players like Cristiano than team players who need to organise like Guendouzi).
If he doesn't grow up fast, he'll have a career like Anelka. A good enough pro but nowhere near what he could be. Won't be surprised if he becomes a journeyman, never settling anywhere.

Guendouzi has fallen out with a lot of managers. And also insulted teammates. He was forced to train with the reserves at Lorient, and fell out with two managers there.

He then had issues at Hertha and again didn't settle. He is a real talent. But you need a good attitude as well. He had a kid recently so hopefully it mellows him. And he can settle otherwise it won't work for him at Marseille.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Anelka still won a ton of trophies and played for some the biggest and best teams in the world, I imagine Guendo would love a career like that :lol:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
The first peformance from Lokonga that I've been impressed with. More of same please!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Another hood performance especially as it was a new midfielder combo. I loved how he dovetailed well with AMN, was able to beat the press quite easily and drove forward. His passingvwas good too.This is the quickest I've seen our midfield play in ages and we looked better for it and he was a big reason why.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If he doesn't grow up fast, he'll have a career like Anelka. A good enough pro but nowhere near what he could be. Won't be surprised if he becomes a journeyman, never settling anywhere.

Guendouzi has fallen out with a lot of managers. And also insulted teammates. He was forced to train with the reserves at Lorient, and fell out with two managers there.

He then had issues at Hertha and again didn't settle. He is a real talent. But you need a good attitude as well. He had a kid recently so hopefully it mellows him. And he can settle otherwise it won't work for him at Marseille.
He had a kid? Which golddigger duped him

Tom349

Handled the physicality of Burnley well. Particularly impressed with his aerial ability for a midfielder.

First touch could do with a little work.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I thought Lonkonga looked poor in his first appearances for us but he has impressed in the past 2 matches.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Did well when came on he very calm under pressure i was worried because Burnley might just push him because he still not 100% there body strength wise but he coped well

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He looks so press resistant, Burnley couldn’t get near him. I’m not sure if it was strictly down to him but we started playing
through them much more easily when he came on.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I did a video of every Sambi touch yesterday, as i was so impressed by his composure yesterday.

Thanks for putting together and posting. Look at that play at 00:46 in your video. How he demands the ball, quickly turns and gets it to Partey and off we go! Imagine that being Xhaka (well, we can, almost exactly the same situation with him and Leno against Burnley last year). We so need to start playing him alongside Partey. Plus like stated elsewhere, he seems to have a bit of an edge to him. Quite a bit to like even if it is early.

Top Bottom