• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
It’s more difficult because there are 6 teams now that expect to play in the CL while there were 4 in the past with Liverpool dropping out ever few years to make it easier. Now you have to finish above more than just Villa and Everton to finish 4th. There wasn’t a league winning billionaire backed Leicester either.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
There is no fight for the Top Four this season...City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United will all get in, and that will be the Top Four for probably a few more years in the future...just like in the late 2000s it was always United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

A few years ago you had...City and Liverpool neck in the neck for the title, with Arsenal/Chelsea/United/Sp**s going for Champions League.
A few years before the late 2000s Top Four era you had...Arsenal and United going for the league, with Liverpool/Newcastle/Leeds/Chelsea going for Champions League.

I don't see the difference, same thing with some different teams...it's always been a competitive competition.

Only reason I post so much about this, is I feel people are trying to diminish what Arsenal achieved back then, by saying the league is tougher now...that's not on, especially on a ****ing Arsenal forum of all places!

Arteta Out, btw...to keep things on topic

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I think popular, good, reliable players getting more stick than warranted is an indication of a bigger problem here. Seeing it in Saka's thread too.

I think the only players getting genuine praise are new signings who have a clean slate or random ass Pepe, it's very telling.
I hate how discussing a player or having critiques is giving them stick and gets people in their feelings. It’s not always gonna be ass kissing players, you can’t talk about their strengths and weaknesses or how they effect the team without people getting emotional over it.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Arsène is just being polite here, he's fully Arteta out 🤭

He obviously didn’t leave on good terms imo which is sad to see. Look at the difference between Arsène and SAF at both clubs.

Arsène is doing the right thing not getting involved in this ****show with Arteta/Kroenke.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
How do we realistically get back into the top four then? What is needed to become a consistent feature at the top and seriously competing for trophies again?

A takeover is likely not to happen. I cant see Stan giving up his share now, and we are already too expensive to buy.

Riou

How do we realistically get back into the top four then? What is needed to become a consistent feature at the top and seriously competing for trophies again?

A takeover is likely not to happen. I cant see Stan giving up his share now, and we are already too expensive to buy.

Not sure there is anything we can do under Stan, to get back to competing for the Premier League/Champions League...bar a takeover, those days are gone.

Top Four is doable, but will require luck...have to get our **** together, while hoping Liverpool drop off in the next few years, as they are the only team we could realistically overtake at some point.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

We should’ve won the Europa instead of relying on top 4, winning the Europa is way easier than getting top 4 I can’t believe we have never won it while we’ve been it in the teams are awful.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

New coaching staff who can maximize the level out of the players we have would do us the world of good.

I don't see us challenging for titles even with that but we could certainly at least put up a fight for those CL positions. This year looks unlikely that any of the top 4 will change but we've seen in the last 2-3 years that they've all had varying degrees of dropping of levels. Unfortunately we weren't able to take advantage of that.

It's definitely not impossible regardless of whoever owns us and I don't see ownership as being an excuse as to why we can't get there.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
New coaching staff who can maximize the level out of the players we have would do us the world of good.

I don't see us challenging for titles even with that but we could certainly at least put up a fight for those CL positions. This year looks unlikely that any of the top 4 will change but we've seen in the last 2-3 years that they've all had varying degrees of dropping of levels. Unfortunately we weren't able to take advantage of that.

It's definitely not impossible regardless of whoever owns us and I don't see ownership as being an excuse as to why we can't get there.
Yeah, Klopp really struggled with injuries last year, Ole's got nothing on Fergie, Chelsea sacked their manager, Sp**s sacked their manager . . but but but getting top 4 is harder than ever. We were 8th ffs.

Riou

Arsenal-FC-Bayern-Munich-TGS006.jpg

..the last Arsenal starting 11 to play Champions League football.

Legendary group...

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I thought we had a chance and I’m sure everyone else on here did by buying a Partey type of signing every year plus a few smart additions and eventually building a decent enough squad to go for top 4 but the club have scrapped that and gone for the long game about five years too late.

It’s clear to see that Kroenke isn’t a good businessman, he’s been making all the wrong decisions especially backing a rookie the market.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Leicester City have nearly done it the last two years with a good manager and sensible signings. People always look at squads and say “miles off” but in terms of top 4 it’s pretty much almost always around 75 points that gets you top 4. That should be doable for the current squad with a good manager.

Latest posts

Top Bottom