• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Burnley 0 - 1 Arsenal | Saturday, 18th September | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley_FC_logo_crest_logotype.png

vs

images.png

We looked slightly okay against the worse team in the league. Every one keep harping on about our "30 shots" but if you watched the game you can't help but feel that we looked poor for most of the game. Up until last season when they beat us at home 1-0 can't really seem to remember the last time Burnley beat us. Hopefully Arteta doesn't break any new record.

Screenshot-20210912-100550.png

Screenshot-20210912-100628.png

Screenshot-20210912-100653.png

Screenshot-20210912-100706.png

Predicted Lineup

1862685_Arsenal.jpg

GLITCH

Win is a win. Still don't like how we play, and don't think Arteta has the ability to make his team play good football.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Good thing we didn't play Saliba and have him make mistakes 🙃
Mate let’s not even get started. Every game it becomes clear that we spent 50M on a guy that might not even be better than someone Mikel fell out with.

Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
First goal is key here.

If we score first, especially early on, then we will desperately hold on for the next 60 minutes...proving Mikel is the true king of Brexit-ball!

Called it.

rockofcashel

Take the win, and move on. But those last ten minutes was worse than watching my local Sunday league team.

So many poor final balls. Auba especially. Maybe we're spoiled remembering Pires, Bergkamp, Ljundberg.. even Wiltord.. teeing up Henry, Anelka, Wright.. but that was atrocious at times

Like I said.. take the points. Reality now, is we were probably expecting 7 points from the first 5 games.. we're on 6

Just please, stop making it hard on ourselves

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ødegaard and Gabriel our best players again. Ramsdale had a good peformance and another clean sheet. Lokonga also played well when he came on.
Can't believe you forgot our right back, Tomiyasu...are you pining for Hector?

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I actually think having Ramsdale in our team helps against Referees. There is a bias against foreign players, and Ramsdale is vocal enough to protest haha :)

Judged him before he started - hope he continues to prove me wrong.

Tomiyasu looks a scrappy defender too, and Gabriel looking good.

White is worrying me with his Mustafi like calamities. Didn't cost us today, but lets see.

Average performance otherwise. Interest Odeegard took the free kick, as Pepe has a good reputation - wonder if he now is not the primarly left footed free kick taker.

Auba - didn't run enough. Tierney was horrible - can't pass straight.

Nice Cameo by AMN and Tavares.

We are now boring boring Arsenal, so we only have 1 nil results to look forward to. Don't like our style at all...think Tierney needs to be benched.

Liam_Og

We’re watching a side that is being drilled into a system so hard that they are actually losing technique. Way too many bad first touches and misweighted passes.

Defensively committed, but its too early to call it solid. Gabriel was MOTM for me, white looks like his confidence is in his boots, Tomi is a real good signing, and poor old KT just does as he’s told, even if it does make him look clueless.

There does seem to be better unity in the players on the pitch with the odd exception.

That said, a 0-1 win against burnley, at burnley is no bad result, they are a physical team that like to mix it up. Better teams have played better and still lost against burnley. So i won’t sniff at the 3 points.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Cant believe how poor our attackers were today; so many good counter attack opportunities in 2nd half and they stuffed every single one up. Players not on the same wave length and some horrible passes.

LG10

How can anyone look at that last two performances against two relegation fighting sides and be filled with even the slightest bit of confidence in the regime?

Can't wait for next week's Q&A
Defended well, bedding in lots of new players, young team. We’re only going to get better, the team is very well coached despite what the people say.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Couldn't watch the game. I was at an inlaw's wedding. But I streamed about 15mins of it in loo. From the little I saw, it seemed like same old, same old. Obviously can't judge with what I saw in 15 mins but I suspect I'm not wrong.

Moviegooner

Hard thought victory with a great Ramsdale and Tomiyasu. Credits to Burnley they played very good and deserved a point.
Ødegaard with a beautiful free kick. New boys showing why they we're bought. Credits to Arteta with the right starting eleven and good subs. League cup with hopefully Patino and then the ****

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We won that game despite Arteta. I honestly dont think he can get less out of this team. Our players are clearly better than Burnleys, yet they have 18 attempts. Our football cant get more negative and our coaching cant get worse. As i said anyone could get what arteta is getting out of this team. But he has brought expectations so low in record time that 8thwill be celebrated end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom