• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Out of all our signings, Mr. White probably has the biggest hill to climb to convince the fans he's worth it, even above Ramsdale. For me, he is in the Mustafi/Vermaelen category. Clearly good footballers but they are mediocre defenders and will have a mistake in them. I wasn't being facetious when I said it would be better for his career if we repurposed him as a midfielder.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
Still not settled we saw what he capable of but there sloppiness in his game need to be sorted he played very slow paced and only want to make perfect pass. Either way back to back clean sheet with Gabriel beside him is big positive

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don't have a problem with BW, but Arteta and Edu will need to offer some explanation why they've paid 50m for a player who should be a backup option for Saliba.
I don't need Kroenke to invest 500m in this squad, but he should at least look for some explanation regarding this failure

dashsnow17

Doesnā€™t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ā­
When I saw those comps of him before he joined he looked, y'knw, zippy and lively, he was never gonna be a dominant VVD type, but I thought he'd be dribbling past people and playing cool passes...but he's just kinda meh, he always looks like he's standing in the supermarket aisle and can't decide what he wants for dinner.

bakaboo

Really grew into the game in the second half, especially when Barnes went off and other than the back pass was faultless in the second half. Struggled a little in the first half.

Let's not forget this is a whole new back 5, it should only improve over time.
Did not watch the 1st half. But based on the 2nd half footage, White is the liability at the back. He constantly needs other defenders to protect him. Those headers he won in the 2nd half mostly are unchallenged. His interception is ok.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If it was Gabriel or VVD people would say it was but the problem is people form their opinions quickly. He was poor first half but was brilliant second imo, some brilliant headers and interceptions.
It was the 2nd half when he nearly conceded a penalty and had 2 other giveaways right outside his own box. Your parents need to cut down on your screen time until you produce a series of negative drug tests.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Something he could improve on is his positioning/awareness in the box. Left Pukki open a number of times last week and Barnes today. Better attackers will punish that.

Nah... pretty sure Gabriel and Tomi can continue to save him, tbh.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
For BW it won't even be enough if he turns out to be OK for us. The Japanese guy can be OK, BW needs to be within the top 5 CB's. He's gonna be in defense what Laca was in our attack, an okay-ish player who was massively overpaid.

sdotzdot

Established Member
@kofigunner (I think) raised a very good point in the match day thread.

A lot of worries but the biggest worry is how lacklustre and slow he was in his possession. The main reason we spent Ā£50m was to fix this issue so we can play out the back and transition up the pitch more smoothly and quickly, he was terribly slow in all of his decision making on the ball.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

Nah... pretty sure Gabriel and Tomi can continue to save him, tbh.

:lol:

Imagine praying that other players save him already. Hard to judge him as heā€™s still young for a CB but we horribly overspent on an average player at this current time.

Saliba is clear.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Shame some of you want him to fail, massive shame.

He was pretty crap today though :lol:

Top Bottom