• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takehiro Tomiyasu: Takehiro Today, Injured Tomorrow

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
He’s the Exorcist. The man who is here to get rid of the ghost of Calum Chambers who was murdered 7 years ago by Jefferson Montero and still wanders the Emirates as a lost soul. Rise oh Exorcist and take your place as right back for the next 10 years.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Solid defender but I’m not going to like the way he’s used if today is a glimpse of what’s to come. I can’t remember him overlapping once. No fault of his own of course.
I 100% didnt want him overlapping today. All i wanted was him tucking in to form a back 3 & cover the burnley aerial bombardment.
I was feeling nervous if he got anywhere near the half way line tbh.

Im sure there will be games when he gets forward far more but am actually rather happy for him to sit back most of the time.

Pulp

It was nice to see a right back doing good defensive positioning again. Has some real aerial presence as well which is sorely needed

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Looks very solid so far even if he only has played against crap teams. Sp**s will be the ultimate test for him.

Wryer

Tomi has got brilliant defensive fundamentals. Always on the half turn, tightens and gives space at the most appropriate moments.

Already our best ever Asian player. :lol:

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Its just nice not having a liability at RB. He does the basics well and is ultra competitive. So important for our central defense not having to deal with all those attempted crosses that were consistently being blocked by Tomi. I can't think of another arsenal back who has been able to limit the supply of crosses as well as him for a while.

jato

He is like a better Nacho/Sagna. I can see why he is very good 1v1, he isn't close enough to his man that his opponent can get pass 1v1 through tricky or acceleration but he far away enough to prevent any crosses from coming in. He has the pace to recover and knows when he needs to get close to the man while also having the physicality and heading ability to clear away danger.

Who would have thought signing an actual defender who knows how to defend would do wonders :rolleyes:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Tomiyasu can just do the bare minimum as a RB and would already be 100x better than Bellerin. It’s a crime Hector played here so long, he was an awful footballer even before the ACL.

Why you up so early on a Sunday?

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I bet the Exorcist is solid at central defender as well. Shame he couldn’t get forward too much but what a good game he had. You would think we paid the 50m for this chap.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Tomiyasu can just do the bare minimum as a RB and would already be 100x better than Bellerin. It’s a crime Hector played here so long, he was an awful footballer even before the ACL.
Bellerin definitely has been overrated here on A-M. With Tomi we look to have signed a ready RB. Like how he wants to defend and challenge the attacker. He is a real upgrade at RB, but still early so let's judge once we are well into the season.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He is like a better Nacho/Sagna. I can see why he is very good 1v1, he isn't close enough to his man that his opponent can get pass 1v1 through tricky or acceleration but he far away enough to prevent any crosses from coming in. He has the pace to recover and knows when he needs to get close to the man while also having the physicality and heading ability to clear away danger.

Who would have thought signing an actual defender who knows how to defend would do wonders :rolleyes:

The guy is already a better version of Nacho and Sagna after two games? Those are the two best fullbacks in the Emirates era. Very consistent performers, Sagna was an incredible defender and also very good at winning headers. He even did decent as a RCB.

Pulp

Bellerin is a great example on how defenders with great pace can conceal mediocre other stats. As soon as Bellerin lost his speed he became quite average unfortunately.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Another good game. He has an eye for attack but was forced to defend vs Burnley. He cut out all but one cross that was lofted high and didn't hurt us. Like Ramsdale, he's had a perfect start for us.

Top Bottom