• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

TriniGunner

St. Maximin has 5 years left in contract, he would cost more than 80 million at least. You would have wanted to blow most of our transfer budget on a winger? 🤣

St. Maximin has 5 years left in contract, he would cost more than 80 million at least. You would have wanted to blow most of our transfer budget on a winger? 🤣
Whoever scouted Pepe from France while Saint Maximan was there, needs to be fired as a scout. I watch the Ligue 1 very often and Saint Maximan was always miles better than Pepe.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Whoever scouted Pepe from France while Saint Maximan was there, needs to be fired as a scout. I watch the Ligue 1 very often and Saint Maximan was always miles better than Pepe.
Sure, but your original post sounded totally ridiculous.

We have enough wingers, next we need a CMF and ST, when Laca leaves.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Sure, but your original post sounded totally ridiculous.

We have enough wingers, next we need a CMF and ST, when Laca leaves.

Just like the we have enough midfielders crowd. Doesn't matter how many you have when majority lack quality. Most of the players on this team lack quality.

The manager is the bigger issue though. Arteta is simply a fraud and most on here that want to keep the faith will find out the hard way as the season progresses. He doesn't have any quality to indicate he is going to develop into a top manager.

Crazy that Chelsea could fire a top 5 legend in their club's history when he was underperforming as a manager, and he already had some managerial experience before coming to Chelsea, yet Arsenal put their faith in a guy without any managerial experience who wasn't even a club legend or cult hero.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Just like the we have enough midfielders crowd. Doesn't matter how many you have when majority lack quality. Most of the players on this team lack quality.

The manager is the bigger issue though. Arteta is simply a fraud and most on here that want to keep the faith will find out the hard way as the season progresses. He doesn't have any quality to indicate he is going to develop into a top manager.

Crazy that Chelsea could fire a top 5 legend in their club's history when he was underperforming as a manager, and he already had some managerial experience before coming to Chelsea, yet Arsenal put their faith in a guy without any managerial experience who wasn't even a club legend or cult hero.
Arteta doesn't have much time, everything needs to improve pretty fast unless he wins regardless.

I just think we need to replace Elneny with a starting quality player first. We also need to have a striker with a long contract next year.

After that we can think about other positions. Ødegaard and ESR can both play on the wing if needed, having another clear starting CMF would free ESR there.

What do you think about Martinelli? I think he needs a loan if he isn't performing and getting game-time.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I've been saying that since he came here but maybe my expectations are too high. There was a proper and most effective Premier League player in Saint Maximan available. To this day, NO ONE can convince me that Pepe is better than him.
If Pepe has cost 10mm instead of 70mm no one would argue that point.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Look at the players who moved that summer in the 60-90 range…bunch of worldies…and Nico

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Arteta doesn't have much time, everything needs to improve pretty fast unless he wins regardless.

I just think we need to replace Elneny with a starting quality player first. We also need to have a striker with a long contract next year.

After that we can think about other positions. Ødegaard and ESR can both play on the wing if needed, having another clear starting CMF would free ESR there.

What do you think about Martinelli? I think he needs a loan if he isn't performing and getting game-time.

Martinelli has talent. Think the best thing about him is his instinct around the box. He has potential to score a lot of goals. Even shows more potential scoring headers than Auba and Laca. Just don't know if I trust his football intelligence and all around technique. He can do the spectacular, but seems to lack consistency doing the basics.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
ESR, Saka and Pepe have all gone off the boil this season and are in poor form. Whatever the manager is doing it isn’t working he needs to let them play with a bit of freedom. Everything they do is lacking a bit of quality now.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Where has this guy gone? Inconsistent final ball is still there but where is all the entertaining stuff?

You could probably find a load of these type of videos where our players have dropped off over the last 2 seasons and create a serious of awareness videos called Arteta - Not Even Once.

Wizzard

I just can't believe the amount of criticism Pepe gets. Yes, he is wastefull in possesion sometimes, but nearly everytime something good happens, he is involved.
He wins a high amount of headers when the GK kicks it long aswell.
And last but not least, he's been putting on a shift every game this season. The way he tracks back these days is unreal, wins a lot of his lost balls back.
Maybe it will need some time for him to find a balance now, between going forward and tracking back.
Keep it going Nico, i really liked it so far this season.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Where has this guy gone? Inconsistent final ball is still there but where is all the entertaining stuff?

You could probably find a load of these type of videos where our players have dropped off over the last 2 seasons and create a serious of awareness videos called Arteta - Not Even Once.
He is too busy defending and tracking back to do much else. He gets into 5-6 attacking positions per game and ESR usually passes the ball behind him or they don't pass it at all. You want to see Pepe on the edge of the box, but Arteta thinks it should be the edge of our own box

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
How come he can’t dribble anymore? He used to be able to dribble past players in his first season where has that agility gone now?
It’s almost as if the effervescent (but still inconsistent) Pepe from his first season here is gone. Maybe because opposition defenders kept trying to wipe him out and the referees didn’t really seem interested. It should also be noted his own Arsenal teamates didn’t make a huge fuss to the refs every time it happened.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It’s almost as if the effervescent (but still inconsistent) Pepe from his first season here is gone
It can't be a coincidence that it happened to Pepe, Auba, and Saka at the same time. I understand it's a Pepe thread and we focus on his game here, but I just can't accept that we have the same discussions in other threads of our forwards and we end up blaming players instead of understanding what's the cause of all of this.
If you look at their game, they actually didn't have that many technical mistakes (Saka did but that doesn't happen that often), but they still end up looking poor. We just don't have the volume of attacking situations where Pepe/Saka could dribble or Auba would have a couple of shots, and that's all the result of the defensive mindset Arteta is trying to install in this team.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Even that clip. Last 5 seconds. Awfully underhit pass ruining a 2v1. Man’s pissing me off still hasnt improved that in 2 years.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom