• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This really really worried me. As an attacking force in the second half we were awful. We were so deep and being penned back by Burnley of all teams. You can’t play like that and expect to pick up wins consistently.

Lewis Ambrose said something along the lines of “well funnily you’d put Burnley in one of the tougher away games in this league” despite having not won at home since January or something ****e.

It was very Emery esque to me. Take the lead then try defend it by dropping deep while having zero counter threat.

I must admit I thought our forward line messed up the few situations we did have but I expected a lot more from what I think is actually a pretty good team
The U shaped pass maps speak volumes, our tactics are all about packing the box and blocking, with wing play counters, particularly on the left. The trouble is there's no one in the box because they've been playing too deep. This means there's no penetration in the opposition box.

But against a good a good team like City, the simplicity of just packing our box is easily unpicked.

There's nothing wrong with the players, the tactics are terrible.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Our best players are all Arteta/Edu signings...yet you *****'s aint trusting the process. Ramsdale, Gabrial, Tomiyasu, Tierney, Partey.

The only ones you guys moan about are the low risk, low reward cheep ones, like willian and mari. Pathetic and clutching at straws.

What players did Wenger or the past regime leave us with? Dross. 35m Mustafi, old aging Auba etc i dont need to go on...

What process? Slip further and further down the league? Sounds great that.

Is the low risk Willian the same guy who was walking away with 200k a week?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The U shaped pass maps speak volumes, our tactics are all about packing the box and blocking, with wing play counters, particularly on the left. The trouble is there's no one in the box because they've been playing too deep. This means there's no penetration in the opposition box.

But against a good a good team like City, the simplicity of just packing our box is easily unpicked.

There's nothing wrong with the players, the tactics are terrible.

There's the thing, against a side like Burnley who very rarely get players in those between the lines areas and aren't exactly the most fluid attack side, combined with the fact they aren't blessed with many talented players, it's pretty straight forward packing the box and defending deep against them. Sides with more movement, more quality, players making third man runs, players getting into those hard to mark between the lines positions and that tactic doesn't work at all.

IstraBalagina

Our best players are all Arteta/Edu signings...yet you *****'s aint trusting the process. Ramsdale, Gabrial, Tomiyasu, Tierney, Partey.

The only ones you guys moan about are the low risk, low reward cheap ones, like willian and mari. Pathetic and clutching at straws.

What players did Wenger or the past regime leave us with? Dross. 35m Mustafi, old aging Auba etc i dont need to go on...
You can also sign good players on FIFA or Football Manager.
The aging Auba won the FA cup for Arteta show some respect, and they've extended his contract too.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The only ones you guys moan about are the low risk, low reward cheap ones, like willian and mari. Pathetic and clutching at straws.

Even with the fans all over him and a toxic atmosphere Wenger was never mid table or below with what you call 'dross' players. Think about that for a bit before you call people ******.

REWB

Yes, those are his players. And I am willing to back those players. But the problem is tactically. It's stale, boring and very predictable. I don't really see any ways that that will be improved.
Its will improve once Edu/Arteta buy in better forward players. We got players out there in forward areas who cant even trap a ball, its pathetic.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

There's the thing, against a side like Burnley who very rarely get players in those between the lines areas and aren't exactly the most fluid attack side, combined with the fact they aren't blessed with many talented players, it's pretty straight forward packing the box and defending deep against them. Sides with more movement, more quality, players making third man runs, players getting into those hard to mark between the lines positions and that tactic doesn't work at all.
This. He knows he doesn't have City level players so he's constructed a very simplistic defensive model at the cost of all else. It's not working, plain and simple. He needs a complete rethink or we'll be stuck down the table because of our inability to score goals. And we'll still get beaten by the top teams.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Now the forwards aren't good enough? Let me guess we need another two summers bringing in better forwards before we can really judge Arteta? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Imagine a year ago saying that eventually our problem would be that Saka, Auba and Pepe aren't good enough, Martinelli and Lacazette aren't good options either.

And btw, no one can dare suggest we need an LW, because I was laughed at all summer for saying we should sign one, so please rule that out we're absolute perfect in that position apparently.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Now the forwards aren't good enough? Let me guess we need another two summers bringing in better forwards before we can really judge Arteta? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Imagine a year ago saying that eventually our problem would be that Saka, Auba and Pepe aren't good enough, Martinelli and Lacazette aren't good options either.

And btw, no one can dare suggest we need an LW, because I was laughed at all summer for saying we should sign one, so please rule that out we're absolute perfect in that position apparently.
There's nothing wrong with our forward players if they weren't being asked to play so deep.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Its will improve once Edu/Arteta buy in better forward players. We got players out there in forward areas who cant even trap a ball, its pathetic.
Lmao, no. Just no. Even with Lukaku, Lewandowski or Haaland up front they won't score as many goals as they do now because of our stale tactics.

REWB

Even with the fans all over him and a toxic atmosphere Wenger was never mid table or below with what you call 'dross' players. Think about that for a bit before you call people ******.
6th isnt mid table? Mate any positions outside of 4th is midtable. Early Wenger brought some fantastic players in(still not enough though, especially at the back), late Wenger though....my word.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The thing is, I don't think they are good enough. But who is to blame for that? These guys have known we can't score goals, so they then proceed to spend 120million or whatever it was on defensive players. Madness.

I don't know how anyone can use the "Arteta doesn't have his own players" argument anymore. He's made his bed, he now has to lie in it.

Also, you're spot on about a LW. We need a new 9 as well. Goals win games, not having options at DM/RB/LB/GK. It's really basic stuff.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I never wanted him as manager but back to back wins is a positive no matter who the opposition is. Also when the team was announced yesterday I agreed with it 100%, that's something new for me, so things must be improving. All I ever want is for Arsenal to win games. Now lets stuff the Spuds next Sunday!

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
We need a new 9 as well. Goals win games, not having options at DM/RB/LB/GK. It's really basic stuff.

We've got a proven goalscorer that we can't get the ball to as it though. I really don't see what difference another 9 would make in this side. We could sign one and within a month people would be complaining that he's crap. This system is designed for forwards to fail.

REWB

There's nothing wrong with our forward players if they weren't being asked to play so deep.
You can only play high up the pitch if ALL your forward players are extremely comfortable on the ball, we just dont have that. If we play high up the pitch all the time. We'd just keep losing the ball and get countered and idiots in here will be saying Arteta cant coach a defense.

GunnerShy

Tierney is Raul. Auba was extended under Edu and Arteta. As would Mustafi have been, but he rejected the offer. Xhaka too, has been extended.

Fwiw, with the exception of White and loaning out Saliba, we did good business to improve the squad this summer. Yet here we are, battling to beat Burnley and Norwich. Battered by Brentford.

Happy to trust the process. But the current one looks like turning us into a midtable club with boring football. No thanks. New process please.

REWB

We've got a proven goalscorer that we can't get the ball to as it though. I really don't see what difference another 9 would make in this side. We could sign one and within a month people would be complaining that he's crap. This system is designed for forwards to fail.
Rubbish. The ball comes to Auba and he cant hold it. every 50/50 he loses...

Latest posts+

Top Bottom