• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Imagine the stick LeBron would get if you had a Bale overhead against Liverpool equivalent in the NBA Finals.

Actually they already hold it against him with the Allen and Kyrie threes.

Lol right. Where’s the MJ heat for the Kerr shot in 97 as well?

The best footballers I’ve ever seen with my eyes are Messi, Ronaldinho and Henry. Cristiano Ronaldo is probably the most dominant but he’s not a baller on those other levels imo.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah but what do points have to do with it?

Neither one was out there buying players for their clubs were they? Messi scores, dribbles and assists at a better rate than Ronaldo. That’s a fact.

Genuinely don’t think you can put Ronaldo above him unless you use nonsense arguments about Messi and his comfort zone.

Michael Jordan stayed and dominated with one franchise and people criticise Bron for doing what Ronaldo has done. People pick and choose when it applies.
Oh my god, what prompted this response?

People were mentioning their goals and assists in previous messages, so it interested me how they compared in LaLiga, which gives the most fair comparison imo. And I thought to share them here.

I even said I rate Messi more and that I don't think so because of "points". And said it's an endless debate, in which I mean that I'm not interested in that debate.

But yeah, you're an Atletico fan so maybe your hate of Ronaldo has to do with your reaction, as I'm not sure you even read what I said.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Lol right. Where’s the MJ heat for the Kerr shot in 97 as well?

The best footballers I’ve ever seen with my eyes are Messi, Ronaldinho and Henry. Cristiano Ronaldo is probably the most dominant but he’s not a baller on those other levels imo.

Bron has got to be the most scrutinised athlete since the internet has became what it is.

Neville tried to make the argument that Cristiano is the better scorer but then Messi is only a handful behind him in something like 100 less games. Being a goalscorer isn't the first thing I think about with Messi either which is the scary thing, I've always thought of him as a creative player first and foremost.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Oh my god, what prompted this response?

People were mentioning their goals and assists in previous messages, so it interested me how they compared in LaLiga, which gives the most fair comparison imo. And I thought to share them here.

I even said I rate Messi more and that I don't think so because of "points". And said it's an endless debate, in which I mean that I'm not interested in that debate.

But yeah, you're an Atletico fan so maybe your hate of Ronaldo has to do with your reaction, as I'm not sure you even read what I said.

Tbf I am trying to look at it without bis. No problem admitting how Benzema has been the best La Liga striker of the 21st Century imo.

Just think when it comes to the two the one is ahead. My bad if it read aggressively. Didn’t mean to come at you.

drippin

Tbf I am trying to look at it without bis. No problem admitting how Benzema has been the best La Liga striker of the 21st Century imo.

Just think when it comes to the two the one is ahead. My bad if it read aggressively. Didn’t mean to come at you.
Actually my response was a bit heated, not your reply, because you seemed to argue against me when we mostly agreed. But no matter.

Crab stats should to Messi vs. Ronaldo in LaLiga chart or something.

drippin

Philippppppppppppppppppp!

Why put this here?

manchester united soccer GIF

TinFish

Ronaldo is doing well. Not the same player he used to be, but at least he can score from open play when needed. I wish Auba can adapt his game like that since it seems he's lost his physicality.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Ronaldo is doing well. Not the same player he used to be, but at least he can score from open play when needed. I wish Auba can adapt his game like that since it seems he's lost his physicality.
Ronaldo is one of the best handful to ever do it. Not really fair to ask Auba to replicate anything he's done, really.

TinFish

Ronaldo is one of the best handful to ever do it. Not really fair to ask Auba to replicate anything he's done, really.
Auba is 32 years old. I think he can regain some of his pace, desire and passion for football to help Arsenal score more goals from open play. I'm not saying he can reach Ronaldo level obviously. But I fail to see how Aubameyang has dropped off so suddenly. Reminds me of Özil, the mans interests are elsewhere maybe.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Auba is 32 years old. I think he can regain some of his pace, desire and passion for football to help Arsenal score more goals from open play. I'm not saying he can reach Ronaldo level obviously. But I fail to see how Aubameyang has dropped off so suddenly. Reminds me of Özil, the mans interests are elsewhere maybe.
On average, strikers peak at 25.

For some – see Torres, Van Nistelroy, etc. – the drop is pretty sudden. Father time comes for all of us, and it's not unreasonable to believe it's come for Auba.

TinFish

On average, strikers peak at 25.

For some – see Torres, Van Nistelroy, etc. – the drop is pretty sudden. Father time comes for all of us, and it's not unreasonable to believe it's come for Auba.
The man won us the FA cup and was the main player the season before last. Ever since, in a matter of months his decline has been in freefall. I think it's more to do than just the fact he's peaked.

Although I do believe that his passion has desire has waned, which would consequently have a negative impact on his body too.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
The man won us the FA cup and was the main player the season before last. Ever since, in a matter of months his decline has been in freefall. I think it's more to do than just the fact he's peaked.

Although I do believe that his passion has desire has waned, which would consequently have a negative impact on his body too.
1.5 years is a looooong time for 30+ striker. In '13 RVP drug the corpse of SAF's United to a title. 1.5 years later (at age 31) he scored 10 in the league and was shifted to Turkey thereafter.

Torres was the ~best non-Ronaldo player in the league at ages 23-25. By 27 he was an afterthought.

TinFish

1.5 years is a looooong time for 30+ striker. In '13 RVP drug the corpse of SAF's United to a title. 1.5 years later (at age 31) he scored 10 in the league and was shifted to Turkey thereafter.

Torres was the ~best non-Ronaldo player in the league at ages 23-25. By 27 he was an afterthought.
Fair enough if true. I always thought half decent strikers can hold up until 32 at least. If Auba really has declined then I question the reason why we gave him a bumper contract. Another f*ck up by the Arsenal then.

IstraBalagina

Torres had a serious injury, RVP was shifted by Van Gaal not Ferguson. Different cases.
And both didn't play as left backs.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Sancho is so lucky he is hiding behind utd doing well in the league + Ronaldo hype. Pepe started better than him when he came here and was thrashed (rightly though)

0 goals 0 assists if I am not wrong

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sancho is so lucky he is hiding behind utd doing well in the league + Ronaldo hype. Pepe started better than him when he came here and was thrashed (rightly though)

0 goals 0 assists if I am not wrong
yes nothing from him so far his performance been bad and no goals or assists i wouldn't be worried but with the attacking talent they have to play with him he need to pick it up. 80M will always create pressure.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom