• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You all hate Leno that much? Eish.

Don’t think Ramsdale has even made a save yet but RIP Leno.

I’ll admit, I’m not fully sold on Ramsdale yet as he hasn’t been tested but I hope he does well. Never really been a fan of Leno type of GKs as although he’s a good shot stopper, he isn’t the strongest when commanding his area and that always worries me especially when we come up against cavemen.

We need this Ramsdale signing to turn out good otherwise selling home grown Emi is going to look like a massive howler.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
You all hate Leno that much? Eish.

Don’t think Ramsdale has even made a save yet but RIP Leno.
It’s not just about making saves, it’s about the aura the goalkeeper gives off. Leno creates chaos, Ramsdale creates calm. In a similar way to Martinez, he commands the area, he comes for crosses to take the pressure off the defence. His distribution is a lot better, he organises, he just seems to have a more resolute personality. I’m sold.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Him and Gabriel showing fight.

That virgin Leno would never.

He's like a less crazy (but still pretty crazy) Lehmann :lol:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It’s not just about making saves, it’s about the aura the goalkeeper gives off. Leno creates chaos
Leno doesn't create chaos, chaos was there since the day he has arrived. The trouble with Leno is that he doesn't sort it out, he is a great shot-stopper but not much else, and for that, you would need better players than Mustafi, Sokratis, Kola, and all the bums Leno played with.
Ramsdale looks like someone who understands that BW can't deal with high balls and he comes out, and Leno doesn't do that.
We are yet to see if Ramsdale is as good as Leno when it comes to 1 on 1 and some other situations Leno was great at.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I’ll admit, I’m not fully sold on Ramsdale yet as he hasn’t been tested but I hope he does well. Never really been a fan of Leno type of GKs as although he’s a good shot stopper, he isn’t the strongest when commanding his area and that always worries me especially when we come up against cavemen.

We need this Ramsdale signing to turn out good otherwise selling home grown Emi is going to look like a massive howler.
Agree with everything except what you wrote on Emi. Selling him was, with hindsight, a big mistake. Now we had to spend big on a replacement which is 30m we could have used elsewhere. But that is not a stick to beat Ramsdale with.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

How is Leno a great shot stopper when he's so weak atnhis near post and has conceded several goals which he should be saving? He's a keeper who sometimes makes great saves but it doesn't make him a great shot stopper. I've no idea why so many are trying to find something Leno excels at, he's a mediocre keeper and that's the reality of it. We thought we had the next Neuer and we got it badly wrong, just accept the L and move on.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How is Leno a great shot stopper when he's so weak atnhis near post and has conceded several goals which he should be saving? He's a keeper who sometimes makes great saves but it doesn't make him a great shot stopper. I've no idea why so many are trying to find something Leno excels at, he's a mediocre keeper and that's the reality of it. We thought we had the next Neuer and we got it badly wrong, just accept the L and move on.

Leno is really good off his line to close down strikers when they're in on goal, has saved us loads of times because of this.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Leno doesn't create chaos, chaos was there since the day he has arrived. The trouble with Leno is that he doesn't sort it out, he is a great shot-stopper but not much else, and for that, you would need better players than Mustafi, Sokratis, Kola, and all the bums Leno played with.
Ramsdale looks like someone who understands that BW can't deal with high balls and he comes out, and Leno doesn't do that.
We are yet to see if Ramsdale is as good as Leno when it comes to 1 on 1 and some other situations Leno was great at.
He creates chaos. When the ball is at his feet, you can see the panic, he’s always hesitating, he’s always slow to pick a pass. He certainly doesn’t command the box. Leno is just a great reflex shot stopper, that’s it, he’s got nothing else to his game. It’s always been the case, even in Germany.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He creates chaos. When the ball is at his feet, you can see the panic, he’s always hesitating, he’s always slow to pick a pass. He certainly doesn’t command the box. Leno is just a great reflex shot stopper, that’s it, he’s got nothing else to his game. It’s always been the case, even in Germany.
He's not Pirlo ffs, what's this obsession with GK's being judged on how they pass the ball around? I absolutely hate every single bit of this bs playing from the back style. Wenger was able to play absolutely breathtaking football without all that crap going on

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
He's not Pirlo ffs, what's this obsession with GK's being judged on how they pass the ball around? I absolutely hate every single bit of this bs playing from the back style. Wenger was able to play absolutely breathtaking football without all that crap going on
What Wenger did was a different time in football. Football constantly changes and now it requires a GK to be technical as well.
But yeah i understand you how some are making it look like passing the ball is a bigger priority than saving shots

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He's a keeper who sometimes makes great saves but it doesn't make him a great shot stopper. I've no idea why so many are trying to find something Leno excels at, he's a mediocre keeper and that's the reality of it.

Not sure who said he’s a great shot stopper? He’s a good one but a lot of keepers in the PL are, the difference is Emi was showing that he was a great one in that short period that he was here for us.

I’ve noticed in the PL a lot of keepers suffer from weak wrists. De Gea, Lloris, Leno etc are all similar keepers.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Stats suggests Leno is an above average/top shot stopper.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
that should be lesson to alot of people including me that us fans should stop looking at how much we paid and look what he will bring to pitch and give him chance first. and so far he making the 20-24M look like steal.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Has everything I want in a keeper even though I bashed these rumors.

Calm, secure, proactive (starts counter attacks with long kicks an ld throws, picks good passes), a bit lunatic and seems like an awesome character to be around. Captain material?

My only concern is that he always parries the ball. Doesn't catch it much even from weak shots? Can put defence in unnecessary pressure in rebound plus conceedes a lot of corners. Happy with everything else.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He used to be a good stopper but I think his heads gone. Pretty sure he conceded more than the xG against him last season which straight up means that he isn’t a good shot stopper anymore. That was the only aspect of goal keeping he was good at too so yeah…he’s dusted unless he sorts his head out.

GDeep™

League is very weak
that should be lesson to alot of people including me that us fans should stop looking at how much we paid and look what he will bring to pitch and give him chance first. and so far he making the 20-24M look like steal.
I never bashed him as a keeper, he was voted player of the season for the last 3 seasons at his various clubs, so he was obviously good or had something - and I hate Leno too.

My issue was the use of funds, the 30M could’ve been used elsewhere.

Top Bottom