• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea FC: Carabottlejobs

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Don't mind the money Chelsea spend (would rather an owner like Roman, than the gimp we have) but wish Chelsea fans would stop ignoring the money he ploughed into your club at the start of his time, don't pretend you are something you are not.

The reason they don't have to spend as much now, is because they already spent a **** ton for years back in the day, which gave them a massive advantage over pretty much everyone...pretty sure Chelsea bought 2 complete teams in just summer 2003 and summer 2004 alone, ffs :lol:

They are a ruthless winning machine, all power to them...but that's all down to one man, and nothing the actual club has done...Roman is Chelsea's biggest legend, not Lampard or Drogba or whoever you want to say, they owe everything they are now to him and him alone...they were probably about Sp**s level before him, tbh.

Rodney T.

Can play this game all day long, but I'm not going to. Occam's razor on this will lead to the state Chelsea was in before Abramovich took over the club. Yes, that has been financial doping. Regarding the other stuff the cherry picking is obvious and can easily be rebutted, but I won't, because I know these things can lead to endless exchanges that don't achieve anything.

The net transfer figures over the last 5 and 10 years are facts.
Shirt sales are facts
Social media numbers are facts.
Unbelievable for you to say it's Cherry Picking.

As for the "state of Chelsea before Roman."
The £100 million debt built up was all very well thought out in the long-term plan Ken Bates and the board came up with in 1993.
The club was literally dying on its arse - Flat broke. Didn't own Stamford Bridge. No training. ground. Crowds deserted in their droves to unsustainably low levels.
Bates promised the plan would work and that Chelsea would become title contenders. The plan was to bring in investment and in came Mathew Harding. Rebuilt 3 quarters of the stadium, which doesn't come cheap in West London. Spend money on big name players. Get the crowds back. Win trophies. Do all that and make the club ripe for a big takeover.
By the time RA arrived, Chelsea were already the 4th most successful club over the previous ten years with 2 FA Cups, League Cup, Euro Cup Winners Cup, Super Cup and ready for that takeover.

Putting together a long-term plan and seeing it come off, is not like sitting there doing nothing and winning the lottery.
Contrast that to Man City - Massively in debt. Falling attendances. No major trophy won for 36 years. New stadium handed to them. Then out of nowhere they hit the jackpot.
Chelsea had to put the very future of the club on the line to get where they wanted to be and imho they did enough to deserve any luck. City did fcuk all to deserve their luck.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Hi, Chelsea fan here. Hope you don't mind me coming on here to say my bit.

From Goal.com.
Worldwide social media followers.
1 - R Madrid - 252.1 million.
2 - Barca - 250.3 m.
3 - M Utd - 142 m.
4 - Jive - 104 m.
5 - Chelsea 93.4 m.
6 - Liverpool - 92.7 m.
Arsenal are 10th with 75.9m.

Chelsea sell more shirts Worldwide than Arsenal. Only Utd consistently sell more than Chelsea from the Premier League teams. Chelsea consistently been 4th- 6th.

Financial doped?
From transfer market.co.uk

Chelsea's net transfer spend over the last 5 years is 262.34 million. Arsenal's is 308.60 million.
In that time Chelsea have won the league and CL. Way better value for money than Arsenal.

Over the last 10 years Chelsea's net spend is 496.94 million.
Arsenal's is 472.51 million.
For an extra 22 million over ten years Chelsea have two league titles, 2 CL's and two Europa titles.
Massive difference in value for money.
Furthermore, over the last 10 years Chelsea are only just behind Benfica in terms of money in from transfers with over 900 million sales.
Last season's huge spend was a one off after a transfer ban and huge money coming in from Hazard and Morata transfers.

Can't see edit button so have to adjust the error this way.
It's an extra 24 million over 10 years.
Chelsea net spend only looks good cos you horde premium young players with Roman’s money and sell them post inflation. I wish Chelsea fans would stop acting like they’re on an even playing field and anyone can do what they do, all your success comes from Roman pumping money into the club he still does it now. Plastic club with plastic fans of course you sell shirts lol.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Remember it was either Chelsea or Sp**s back then so yes, this is the good timeline

Yeah, this is the only thing that makes Chelsea success bearable, tbh...it could have been even worse for us!

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I need to dig out all those (borderline abusive) posts from 4 years ago telling me I was a heretic for saying Lukaku was much better than Laca.

He’s going to feast on his re-debut.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

If there's any justice in the world, this guy should be in prison.

He is right. The knee thing is nothing but an empty gesture that will make a few celebrities and millionaires feel good about themselves now. Do you want Toney to be in prison aswell?

Top Bottom