• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Hearing Artetas reaction when asked about Salibas success in france

"I dont speak french"
"Well, he’s Spanish so that’s one.

He also speaks Catalan so that’s two and Basque taking him to three.

We also know he can speak English fluently because he’s been talking to us in that language for years. That makes four, not that I’m assuming you don’t know four comes after three.

Beyond that, he speaks ‘some’ French, Italian, and Portuguese, but not enough that you could call him fluent.

Yet."

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
"Well, he’s Spanish so that’s one.

He also speaks Catalan so that’s two and Basque taking him to three.

We also know he can speak English fluently because he’s been talking to us in that language for years. That makes four, not that I’m assuming you don’t know four comes after three.

Beyond that, he speaks ‘some’ French, Italian, and Portuguese, but not enough that you could call him fluent.

Yet."

That’s a night in the dog house for me Clyde

Eggs on my face dat

drippin

Why did you reply with that as if that's what injury-prone means ?, that's two injuries in the space of two seasons, that does not mean he is "Injury-prone" .
I hope you can understand the point and keep your petty arguments to yourself. I have no time for this.

Those are two bad injuries preventing him to play many matches in consecutive seasons. He hasn't played at top level much, so there cannot be much more injuries thus far.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
I hope you can understand the point and keep your petty arguments to yourself. I have no time for this.
Well stop using terms to try and make it seem like you know what you're talking about, injury prone is sustained injuries over a long term career, Saliba is no where near "Injury prone" yet 😆.

drippin

Well stop using terms to try and make it seem like you know what you're talking about, injury prone is sustained injuries over a long term career, Saliba is no where near "Injury prone" yet 😆.
Tell me what word would you have wanted me to use, to understand what I mean?

drippin

I bet you can't tell me what word to use, well?

Anyway, injury-prone according to at least Collins dictionary means "often sustaining injuries". Doesn't say anything about how long the career is.

In Ligue 1 he has played 50x 90 minute matches when total minutes are divided by 90 and has missed 24 matches (played 53 matches in normal way of thinking). Played 4517 minutes and missed 2160 minutes.

He has missed a lot of possible games, so clearly he has been "often sustaining injuries", and doesn't have a full season under his belt. Obviously he hasn't been injured again, at the same time when he has been injured already.

Now get lost unless you have something better to offer.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You guys are the most passive aggressive people I have ever encountered.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Thanks for the mention 🤔
According to transfermarkt both the Sp**s & Leicester squads were more valuable than ours last season. I think if you ask their fans they most reckon their squads are better than ours.
Is it not fair to say that both Leicester & Sp**s have caught & overtaken us in the last 6 years?
We have not finished above Sp**s 5 years under 3 managers & Leicester have won the league and finished above us regularly.
Thats just the simple reality.

I think if you ask their fans most reckon their squads are better than ours & they should finish above us again.

I personally dont think there is a lot between us now.

Obviously Sp**s have Kane & Son which may give them the edge?

However perhaps their advantage is they both have proven premiership managers & more experienced settled teams.

That is just a fact.

I would be really shocked if people like you who seem to think our manager is a total clown would be able finish above them?
I don't think there was much in it between our squads last season; compare us and Leicester and you have similar level CF, similar level midfield (though without Thomas for much of last season there's was better), similar level defence, our wing options are a bit better and their creative midfielder was better until we signed Ødegaard mid-season. You can do a similar comparison with Sp**s.

Anyways, despite our massive miscalculation going into the season as we did with Willian and 19 year old Saka as our primary creative force and without a creative midfielder of note, which caused us to perform horridly in our first 14 games, all 3 teams performed to a similar level over the course of the season (Leicester 59.75 xPTS, Arsenal 58.72, Tottenham 53.98); make of that what you will...there's a reasonable argument to be made that based on that evidence Arsenal was the best managed club, given our talent deficit (which Arteta and Edu only have themselves to blame for, in fairness, with the miscalculation of the summer window) during the first 14 games, and arguably throughout most of the season due to Thomas' injury issues, wrt to Leicester.

At least you owned up to your ****.
If this is a reference to me, you are frankly wrong. I have been quite consistent: last season I felt and consistently stated that our squad was basically equal level with Leicester and Tottenham's, as I stated above (when I pointed out that our performances were around 5th-6th level since the ESR and later Ødegaard inclusions, I always said that that corresponds precisely to the level our talent suggests we should be operating at, not above or below it). This season I have said nothing other than that with our squad anything less than 6th would be a failure, and that my reasonable expectation is 5th, with my optimistic expectation being making a run for 4th due to Ole being ****. Again, it would be nice if you limit yourself to arguing against opinions I actually hold or have stated, it's very easy to argue against strawmans or beliefs we make up and attribute to others.

Moah

However you change and twist what happened with Saliba, you can't deny we are losing a big player because of Arterrorista.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
However you change and twist what happened with Saliba, you can't deny we are losing a big player because of Arterrorista.
If that proves to be true I will criticise just like you. But for now that is pure speculation and there is nothing to confirm or deny, there is no certainty to it and I think it's just as arguable (more so, frankly) that he will be back in the squad next season than it is that he will never play for Arsenal again.
I'm not even crying to be a starter. Just make him part of the squad. If Mustafi, Mari and Cedric can start games for, surely Saliba can?
This goes in circles. Of course Saliba is good enough to be a squad player for us. But the question is what is better for his development, to be a squad player in a team without European football (so, basically getting Holding or Marí's games), or for a 20 year old to get a full season of first team football for the first time in a high table club in Ligue 1, under a possession style not dissimilar to the one we are implementing, and a decent manager. I don't think there is much discussion there. But this point has been made over and over again.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member

Anyway, injury-prone according to at least Collins dictionary means "often sustaining injuries". Doesn't say anything about how long the career is.

In Ligue 1 he has played 50x 90 minute matches when total minutes are divided by 90 and has missed 24 matches (played 53 matches in normal way of thinking). Played 4517 minutes and missed 2160 minutes.

He has missed a lot of possible games, so clearly he has been "often sustaining injuries", and doesn't have a full season under his belt. Obviously he hasn't been injured again, at the same time when he has been injured already.

What absolute waffle, the reason you are trying to justify using that term is because you know your whole post crumbles without it, what exactly is your point anyway ?,

Are trying to correlate the fact of him not playing a full season that him being deemed "not ready" by the coach is a suitable reason for him not getting an opportunity in the first team ?,

so throwing terms around like "Injury-prone" gives it more weight (which he is not btw). With that being said even with him being "Injury-prone" as you like to put it, he is clearly better than any option we have currently in defense that was even before the Marseille loan...

Arteta apologist love to move the goal posts and push stats to try and provide context and reasoning to his stupid decisions.

P.s. this app has become borderline inoperable due to the constant bombardment of ads...

drippin

What absolute waffle, the reason you are trying to justify using that term is because you know your whole post crumbles without it, what exactly is your point anyway ?,

Are trying to correlate the fact of him not playing a full season that him being deemed "not ready" by the coach is a suitable reason for him not getting an opportunity in the first team ?,

so throwing terms around like "Injury-prone" gives it more weight (which he is not btw). With that being said even with him being "Injury-prone" as you like to put it, he is clearly better than any option we have currently in defense that was even before the Marseille loan...

Arteta apologist love to move the goal posts and push stats to try and provide context and reasoning to his stupid decisions.

P.s. this app has become borderline inoperable due to the constant bombardment of ads...
If you read my message properly, you have everything answered, and you don't have to accuse me of anything, like being some Arteta-apologist.

You're only taking "injury-prone" word out of my message, and focus on it, not even wanting to understand what is my point.

I don't have time to argue what injury-prone really means, and I showed you my understanding and use of it here is totally correct according to dictionary. Of course players can be injury-prone even without long careers.

Like AbouCuellar above also said, Saliba now gets guaranteed starting minutes which is good for his development, while here he wouldn't have. And like I said, we couldn't have depended on Saliba to start the whole season yet.

Now **** off.

Btw. you haven't answered what word you would have wanted me to use, even when I have asked you twice.

Kav

Established Member

Looking at the data you presented that doesn't suggest injury prone. That actually speaks to the severity of the injury as opposed to how often a player gets injured. The latter is what applies to injury prone players vis a vis a major injury like an achilles that can take a 6 to 8 months or more to recover from or a ACL injury which can take longer. Lastly the time an athlete spends out of competition due to injuries are sometimes determined by the method of treatment which well has no bearing on a player's susceptibility to injury but rather the recommended treatment and rehabilitation time required to get the athlete back into physical and competition shape.

drippin

Looking at the data you presented that doesn't suggest injury prone. That actually speaks to the severity of the injury as opposed to how often a player gets injured. The latter is what applies to injury prone players vis a vis a major injury like an achilles that can take a 6 to 8 months or more to recover from or a ACL injury which can take longer. Lastly the time an athlete spends out of competition due to injuries are sometimes determined by the method of treatment which well has no bearing on a player's susceptibility to injury but rather the recommended treatment and rehabilitation time required to get the athlete back into physical and competition shape.
I don't care about the wording here, you guys are missing the point totally, focusing on a minor detail. He has been injured a lot of the time he has been in men's games. About 1/3 of total possible league games, which is a lot. That was the point.

Again, tell me what word to use instead of injury-prone in this case?

He has thus far played 1800 minutes at best in a season in a top league, and has been injured a lot, so the jump to EPL from Ligue 1 to start and depend on a full season was not wise.

With his injury record that jump would entail more injuries in a tougher league with more games. Which would mean Holding starting many games, especially if he can't adjust to EPL fast or gets tired later in the season. Now he gets a full season starting at Marseille.

Top Bottom