• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

Check

Agreed, his distribution from deep is great, its why I never got the clamour for a new "deep lying playmaker" like Bruno Guimares or Locatelli on the summer, especially when someone like Xhaka is still a about.

If we persist with 433, we need someone to play ahead of him with one of Ødegaard/ESR, that's a bit more solid defensively than those two imo.
That new deep lying playmaker only makes sense when we persist with 4231, as a Xhaka replacement.

However, I think we have to persist with 433 and I think Partey with Ødegaard and ESR is a midfield more than capable to compete offensively and defensively, especially in a few years when ESR and Ødegaard are fully developed. Key to making it work is the inverted full backs, just like City had when KDB and Silva were City's no. 8's. The inverted full backs give the no 8's the freedom to make overlapping runs into the box. That combo of Silva and Sane on that left hand side back then was amazing to watch. Would be nice if Saka and Ødegaard could build a partnership like that.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Good to see he wasn't injured and was subbed off at 60 minutes. Btw. Son came only off the bench at 60 minutes while he is also getting to match fitness, so it's not some universal rule to start them at that point, and Sp**s even had a tougher opponent.

Not sure, but in this game Partey might have had 50 % of shots on target, I saw one also go to the stands. Here is a good one and not from the best body position.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
That new deep lying playmaker only makes sense when we persist with 4231, as a Xhaka replacement.

However, I think we have to persist with 433 and I think Partey with Ødegaard and ESR is a midfield more than capable to compete offensively and defensively, especially in a few years when ESR and Ødegaard are fully developed. Key to making it work is the inverted full backs, just like City had when KDB and Silva were City's no. 8's. The inverted full backs give the no 8's the freedom to make overlapping runs into the box. That combo of Silva and Sane on that left hand side back then was amazing to watch. Would be nice if Saka and Ødegaard could build a partnership like that.

That's exactly what I'm seeing happening here, with this technical midfield, combined with Tomiyasu completing the back three.

The 3-2 defense-midfield (4-2 with Ramsdale becoming an extra man), gives both numbers in the backline and technicality in the midfield to bypass opposition attack lines and have a go at their defenses. Partey and Ødegaard, with ESR/Saka as a third man provides enough technique to beat opposition midfielders.

I think Xhaka's days may be numbered in our starting midfield. You notice that ball from the goalkeeper into midfield, that he always calls for but cannot handle consistently. I think that inability is what sends him to the bench IMO. He is too predictable and easy to press, in a very dangerous zone, and that's why Partey and Lokonga takes over that role for me.

Check

That's exactly what I'm seeing happening here, with this technical midfield, combined with Tomiyasu completing the back three.

The 3-2 defense-midfield (4-2 with Ramsdale becoming an extra man), gives both numbers in the backline and technicality in the midfield to bypass opposition attack lines and have a go at their defenses. Partey and Ødegaard, with ESR/Saka as a third man provides enough technique to beat opposition midfielders.

I think Xhaka's days may be numbered in our starting midfield. You notice that ball from the goalkeeper into midfield, that he always calls for but cannot handle consistently. I think that inability is what sends him to the bench IMO. He is too predictable and easy to press, in a very dangerous zone, and that's why Partey and Lokonga takes over that role for me.
Agree, It's refreshing to see how Partey last year and Lokonga this year have come in and straight away they both have been able to beat the press. Lokonga obviously is raw and needs to develop a bit more (especially defensively) but for me Xhaka should not play anymore, but that's something we all have been saying for 5 years now 😅.Now we need Arteta to conclude the same thing.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't really see the need for one even with a 4231, you have to trust Partey with that role, his passing is excellent. I think Lokonga can be this type of player as well. I think we need a more dynamic cm that can win the ball back really quickly, that can play in a pivot or as an 8 at a high level.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It looks like we’re going to move to the DM at number 6 with two number 8s. Burnley couldn’t handle it.

But then again…we were trying to sign Neves? Which indicates he still wants a DLP which leans towards a 4231. It’s hard to figure Mikel out.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

League 1 opposition? Show me when he does it against Chelsea in a cup final please.

Aren’t you the same person going crazy over Tavares after he did it vs league 1 opposition? Just sharing Partey’s game because I thought people would be interested.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It looks like we’re going to move to the DM at number 6 with two number 8s. Burnley couldn’t handle it.

But then again…we were trying to sign Neves? Which indicates he still wants a DLP which leans towards a 4231. It’s hard to figure Mikel out.

It’s inshallah football and tactics everyday under Mikel.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We would have signed someone like Neves if Xhaka was sold. But that would have cost like 20 million more than we could get for him, so we wouldn't have Sambi/Tomiyasu then for example.

I think Arteta will use 4-3-3 against easier opponents especially at home to break down busses, and 4-2-3-1 against tougher opponents.

Partey can play as a 6 or 8, and ESR & Ødegaard can possibly play 8 well, and on the wing as an somewhat inverted winger. Although Ødegaard will be used centrally unless absolutely necessary.

It's good to have players who can play multiple positions.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Simple solution...

Play Nuno at CM over Partey, then play Partey over Tierney at LB.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

Are we? It was still a 4231 against Burnley but with Ødegaard playing DM on the left with KT on the wing, same as always. Surprised so many thought it was 433 tbh.

Xhaka extension and Tavares signing means it's going to be 4231 for another season. If (when) KT gets injured we got another attacking FB to replace him and Xhaka is made of adamantium so he's always going to play.

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

how are people making partey highliglights for a game that wasn't streamed ffs. I really want to watch this game
There must be a video of the full game somewhere kmt. Idk if anyone has found anything though.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
There must be a video of the full game somewhere kmt. Idk if anyone has found anything though.
I imagine journalists and club people got a stream, maybe someone will leak it. I heard rumours Bein are going to replay the match sometime this or next week 🤞

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I imagine journalists and club people got a stream, maybe someone will leak it. I heard rumours Bein are going to replay the match sometime this or next week 🤞
Tbh I won’t watch if it isn’t the most recent match we’ve played but 🤞

Top Bottom