• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 3 - 1 Tottenham | Sunday 26th September | KO: 16:30 | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

@ExtjExhtts You'll love to read this, found another Arteta Sexual Excuse Master for you, who you have an obsession with. He does it for Nuno too, so you have your threesome there for your needs.

This Sunday's North London derby is a reminder that the idea of a ‘big six’ in English football is outdated. We now have a big four. The worry for Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur fans is how far they have fallen behind the title contenders and how long they will be on the outside looking in.

Although it is early in the season, the clubs’ meeting this weekend already feels massive for both managers, Mikel Arteta and Nuno Espirito Santo. It would be premature to suggest jobs are immediately on the line. What is at stake is something more important to their fans - hope and trust.

Nothing builds or erodes that like a derby win or defeat.

After the first few league games, no one is sure what this season has in store for Arsenal and Sp**s; whether they are moving forwards or in danger of drifting even further away. After a terrible start, Arsenal have some momentum. Another victory will change the mood at The Emirates after the losses to Chelsea and Manchester City, restoring much-needed calm.

The reaction to their heavy defeats was due to their manner rather than the fact Arsenal were beaten. The bigger picture of the Arteta reign is not as bad as often portrayed.

It is worth emphasising that between Boxing Day and the end of last season, only the Manchester clubs collected more league points than Arsenal. Last season they had the third-best defensive record in the Premier League, but Arteta knows finishing 8th is not good enough for Arsenal.

He took over in difficult circumstances, inheriting an ageing and overpaid squad in 2019, so there was always going to be pain to endure before more consistent results and performances.

It is too soon to shrug off the excellence of Arteta’s early work when he delivered the FA Cup within a few months. It was not just that he won a major trophy. He defeated Manchester City and Chelsea at Wembley to do so.

This summer’s spending spree has given Arteta the chance to make significant strides with younger, more dynamic players, getting his own team on the pitch after a much-needed overhaul.

Arteta has been a bit unlucky so far given the circumstances around the opening day defeat at Brentford - short of players due to Covid and unsure the game would go ahead until five hours before kick-off - and an unforgiving fixture list against the Champions League finalists. For me, the stakes are already as high for Nuno as Arteta, even though he is only a few months into the Sp**s job.

Last week’s first-half display against Chelsea was like Tottenham under Mauricio Pochettino; exciting, pressing high and on the front foot. What happened in the second half undermined that excellence. Chelsea are a superior team and showed their class when provoked into a response, underlining how big the gap is between the top four and the rest.

Nuno needs to persist with a more progressive approach to win his new supporters’ over. The defensive style of his Wolverhampton Wanderers team will not be tolerated at Sp**s. He will be seen as ‘Mourinho-lite’ and would be wise to remember the reaction to Jose’s negative tactics in last March’s North London derby. It was not quite the final straw, but he was sacked five weeks later.

Competing for the Premier League is off the table for Arsenal and Sp**s for the next two or three years. Champions League qualification is a long shot this year. The same clubs have occupied those positions for the last two seasons and it would be a huge shock if they do not do so again.

The minimum for Arsenal and Sp**s is an improvement on last year’s performance, a style in tune with what the fans expect, and the foundation for a further step forward in a year’s time. A clearer judgement on the progress of both managers can be made at the end of this season. There were many times as a player I knew within a matter of games there was no prospect of winning the league, so the target was points as well as positioning. Last season, Sp**s collected 62 and Arsenal 61. Seventy is generally a guarantee of being in the race for the top four.

Arsène Wenger’s last top-four finish in 2016 led Arsenal into second with 71 points. In Wenger’s previous two years, Arsenal finished in the top four with 71 and 75 points, respectively.

That kind of tally will not be enough to qualify for the Champions League this season, but would represent an excellent return - independent of the final table. At this particular moment, Arsenal and Sp**s cannot fairly be held to the same standard as Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United over the course of a 38-game season.

The North London clubs are in a battle with each other to see who will be ready first to break back into the top four. We may have a clearer idea on Sunday. Manchester City's slow start means nothing - but defeat to Chelsea would signal danger.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-lost-big-six-status-now-managers-must-prove/

drippin

Apparently Lucas Moura has trained since at least yesterday, so he might feature from the bench I think. Bergwin and Sessegnon are out.

From Tottenham forum, from a member with 14K posts:

I expect a loss. No reason to think or to believe otherwise

We could be the team of 5 or 6 years ago and even then and against this Arsenal team I would be wary. It's them at their place and us. History loves to repeat itself.

Only when we had Bale at his majestic best did I approach these games with a degree of confidence.

I see nobody in our side who has the same ability, desire or swagger. No one even close..

Hope I am proven wrong.

Reactions: Xln

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Struggling to make sense of Xhaka starting this one. Arteta seems to have laid the foundation for his rebuild with a 4 3 3 shifting into a 4231 With Ødegaard dropping into a double pivot and a back 3 behind the midfield 2. A midfield capable of being on the front foot.

Why would he then bring Xhaka in to sit in that left back space when we need him in midfield. Also, he hasn't played since he got sent off. The 28th of August! That's basically month without a game, he hasn't even featured in an under 23 match. He was back in training around the 15th of September, not vaccinated and recovering from covid. We saw Gabriel after covid.

In what world could he possibly be ready to start a North London derby. I don't care how professional he is. Covid, no vaccine and a month without football. No chance.

IstraBalagina

Struggling to make sense of Xhaka starting this one. Arteta seems to have laid the foundation for his rebuild with a 4 3 3 shifting into a 4231 With Ødegaard dropping into a double pivot and a back 3 behind the midfield 2. A midfield capable of being on the front foot.

Why would he then bring Xhaka in to sit in that left back space when we need him in midfield. Also, he hasn't played since he got sent off. The 28th of August! That's basically month without a game, he hasn't even featured in an under 23 match. He was back in training around the 15th of September, not vaccinated and recovering from covid. We saw Gabriel after covid.

In what world could he possibly be ready to start a North London derby. I don't care how professional he is. Covid, no vaccine and a month without football. No chance.
Stop involving vaccines into everything now.

drippin

Yeah, I don't think he will start either, that is a long break without matches. He is an option from the bench likely. Of course people have different levels to that disease, so it might not matter so much.

Sambi would make more sense, as while he is inexperienced, so is ESR & Ødegaard playing that 4-3-3, and in any case that's too attacking for my liking for big games at this point.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Stop involving vaccines into everything now.
I wasnt mentioning the vaccine from a moral stand point. It is his choice whether he gets it or not. I don't actually care.

The point I was making is that he isn't vaccinated and he got covid. Scientific evidence shows less people are hospitalised if they are vaccinated. So it is all about the recovery. It effects everyone differently, but covid effectively ended Gabriel's season. So I'm not really sure how Xhaka will be at 100 per cent with zero match time and covid with no vaccination.

IstraBalagina

I wasnt mentioning the vaccine from a moral stand point. It is his choice whether he gets it or not. I don't actually care.

The point I was making is that he isn't vaccinated and he got covid. Scientific evidence shows less people are hospitalised if they are vaccinated. So it is all about the recovery. It effects everyone differently, but covid effectively ended Gabriel's season. So I'm not really sure how Xhaka will be at 100 per cent with zero match time and covid with no vaccination.
You don't know what's really affected Gabriel, stop making things up.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

What you say makes sense logically. But I am convinced that Xhaka will just walk into the lineup. The lineup will tell a lot about Arteta. Has he really changed and picks players based on merit or does he still pick his favourites?

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Should be the first real test for Ramsdale, if he is good enough to stay as Nr.1

& it's pretty sure Kane will score his first PL goal.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We've seen some good defensive displays against Norwich and Burnley, but tomorrow is going to be a real test for the team. Offensively, we know its likely to be a slog and somehow we need to score.

So tomorrow, Im looking at how we handle Kane, Son, Dele and Moura. If we can keep them quiet and nick something at the other end, Ill be a happy camper.

TornadoTed

Established Member
We've suffered him for over 20 months, the only way his career is defined is ****e.
Totally agree, absolutely woeful. Unfortunately you or I don't get a say but even the board couldn't back him after a defeat to Sp**s and 6 points from our first 6 games surely?

He should have been sacked a minimum of two times already so I'm not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom