• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
In addition to the difference between fans going to matches and not there is of course the difference between non-match going fans watching Arsenal on TV and fans that join various online communities with an Arsenal bend on them. In the latter group you will get just about everything. From A-M posters who on the whole just want to talk about Arsenal with someone, to the low lives that harass players like Xhaka, Ramsdale etc. on social media.

I wouldn't m ind a poll though like what @Barry suggests. I am fairly sure the large majority would view themselves as supporters.

I agree with you.

One of the things I've found most enjoyable about this forum is realising how diverse our fanbase is geographically.

Before coming to A-M I'd probably have considered the 'real' Arsenal fans to be from London or at least the UK.

Getting to speak to people from the Middle East, Australia, Eastern Europe etc has kind of made me realise how wrong I was. It's kind of easy for me to go to the Emirates a few times a year and Arsenal are kind of a part of the sporting fabric of the UK, so it's quite easy for me to be a fan.

People who live further afield where Arsenal aren't a big part of the culture, or who have to get up at silly o'clock just to watch us play are pretty cool to me. Shows great commitment.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
This gave me a good laugh 🤣

I've always loved writing. The best thing that came out of the pandemic (never thought I'd hear myself say that) was rekindling my love of writing & putting the many idle hours to good use.

Had my first ever (two actually) stories published earlier this year. The main character in one of them is named Mikel.

As much as I wanted to kill him, doing it in fiction was my only recourse. He didn't survive (and it felt a little too good 🤣 )

That's a lovely thing that you've just described! It's nice where in life you get an opportunity to combine something you enjoy doing, with something that you are good at... Quite often those two things are different. I wish you well with your writing, never had the patience (or ability) personally but I like the idea of a voodoo doll character called Mikel, hahaha.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Would be interesting to split A-M posters into "Fan" and "Supporter" categories. Might be dangerous though. Reopening barely healed older wounds as internecine warfare breaks out between different tribes - The Usual Suspects; The *** Squad; The Sauce Squad and all of the splinter factions (pro/anti vaxxers, Özil loyalists, "The Youth", The Iconoclasts etc). @Riou and I caught in the crossfire, just wailing with fear and despair.

(I'm definitely a supporter btw 😉)

Reckon the brexit means brexit lot would have a field day with international fans... Or is that supporters?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Chill......last season was terrible. You dont see much of passing through the middle. Its always sideways and backpass before going through the left. And when team sits deep its always gonna be donut-shaped passings. There is at least penetrations through the middle now now in the last 2 PL games and the cup game. If it gets more interesting and we win more matches i wouldnt complain.

Yes you are right standards are low now. But i am not trying to cite some through passes as a means to justify anything. I am comparing what is going on with last season's football and the first 3 shambolic league games that we have.

I am not going to be on the side of bashing arsenal nor am i going to over praise the club either. Its an observation.

"I am sure even amateur side" just starting with arguements like this....Just go to sleep kid.
More drivel from you. Whenever someone criticises how our team plays you think they're foaming at the mouth and raging uncontrollably hence why you feel the need to ask everyone to chill. Just because someone post constructive criticism doesn't mean they need to relax or are a kid. Ironically it is you who needs to chill.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Funny how AM has been battering Arteta for about a year now, but Mikel only fires back when Hairspray is gone, so not to catch him in the crossfire.

Least Arteta is as loyal to him, as Spray is to Mikel...he will appreciate that, wherever he is.
Anybody else mourning the passing of the Spray? Missing answering those posts about Mikel being world class and Arsène being clueless. And he always came back even when he was on the floor. :lol:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
This gave me a good laugh 🤣

I've always loved writing. The best thing that came out of the pandemic (never thought I'd hear myself say that) was rekindling my love of writing & putting the many idle hours to good use.

Had my first ever (two actually) stories published earlier this year. The main character in one of them is named Mikel.

As much as I wanted to kill him, doing it in fiction was my only recourse. He didn't survive (and it felt a little too good 🤣 )
I was just reading Barry's post in which he says he loves your work and praises the way you tell a story. I was contemplating responding to that post asking him not to encourage you to start writing stories as I was 100% sure Arteta would be cast as the villain and would no doubt meet his end in a gory, brutal finale. I could even picture a scene where you would have him mowed down on a pedestrian crossing. A literary retribution for the pedestrian football with countless crosses you had to suffer for so long.

In the end I decided not to reply to that post. Imagine my reaction after scrolling down and seeing your reply to him 🤣

TornadoTed

Established Member
I almost forget how bad our football is sometimes and then I watch a bit of other teams and I'm reminded how slow and laborious we are. I'm currently watching West Ham v Leeds and both play so much nicer stuff than we do. There are so many things on show that Mikel has coached out of our players, knocking the ball round with 1-2 touches, players taking people on and expressing themselves, little interchanges and chemistry between, Benrahma and Antonio stand out in that regard, trying to get the ball forward as quickly as possible etc.

Haphazard

Next time I hope Mikel can explain the difference between a football manager and Pep's personal head polisher.
Regular Season Sport GIF by MLB

Arteta's qualifications for the job.

I think his supporters are possibly worse than Arteta, there is 0 evidence by any metric he can turn things around or get us to play good football, every player under him has regressed and his signings are all questionable. Yet you have these psuedo intellectuals who will pleasure themselves because ESR exploited a half space in min 14 of a 1-0 loss to a mid table side and use that as evidence of him needing time and players.

Our fanbase has just straight up accepted mediocrity because the club told us the best they could do is 8th, our DOF doesn't even want to set a target so people can hold him accountable . Our fans pay the highest prices in world football the least they should be doing is wanting the club to try and improve and bring in the best people to beat the odds.

Arteta has been lucky to face 2 bottom of the league sides and championship level teams in the cups, it's all gonna unravel very soon.Dude is talking a lot of **** for a guy whose team has scored 1 open play goal in 5 games (3 of those are Brentford,Norwich and Burnley)

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Brentford drawing to Pool

Suddenly losing to them and inevitable losses to City/Chelsea don't look so bad. Arteta haters in shambles

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Brentford drawing to Pool

Suddenly losing to them and inevitable losses to City/Chelsea don't look so bad. Arteta haters in shambles
We lost 2-0 to Brentford.

We lost 2-0 to Chelsea.

We lost 5-0 to City.

We were rock bottom of the PL.

We had xG of 1.77, the lowest in the PL by almost half.

We had an xGA of 10, the highest in the PL by nearly 3 clear goals.

We had a xPTS of 0.73, the lowest in the PL nearly half.

Not only only were result tangibly, and factually shockingly poor, hypothetically statically analysis of our performances were also shockingly poor. We were without question the worst side in the league. Norwich and Wolves who were down there with us on 0 points as well were at least "statistically" better than their results. Just acknowledge that and move forward hoping we can turn this around instead of consistently trying to retroactively justify Arteta's failures as successes.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
We lost 2-0 to Brentford.

We lost 2-0 to Chelsea.

We lost 5-0 to City.

We were rock bottom of the PL.

We had xG of 1.77, the lowest in the PL by almost half.

We had an xGA of 10, the highest in the PL by nearly 3 clear goals.

We had a xPTS of 0.73, the lowest in the PL nearly half.

Not only only were result tangibly, and factually shockingly poor, hypothetically statically analysis of our performances were also shockingly poor. We were without question the worst side in the league. Norwich and Wolves who were down there with us on 0 points as well were at least "statistically" better than their results. Just acknowledge that and move forward hoping we can turn this around instead of consistently trying to retroactively justify Arteta's failures as successes.
You wasted your time. He was being sarcastic. He's arteta out :lol:

Top Bottom