• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
4 pts behind United after 6 games, they've well outplayed their performance level and without having played any of the top 4 (we've played Chelsea, at City, and at Brentford which is a team it looks like lots of teams will drop pts at).

Top 4 is genuinely possible, watch out.

I still dont see it, but hey... you never know.

When you have the second best/top player in the world in your team... then you are almost guaranteed to finish in the CL spots.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
I did say yesterday that this was a very poor Sp**s team and a win was the absolute minimum required but still fair play to Arteta for actually getting this result and performance.

If we can get something like at least 12-13 points from our next 5 games I think he’ll have at that point made up for the terrible start to the season we had.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Great set up from him today.

Against team that sit deep that sit deep and wait for us to make mistakes. ESR-Ode-Saka is that way to go. They're all technically secure on the ball.
That trio ensured that we really didn't lose the ball much in dangerous areas.

Plus, we realeased the ball much, much quicker. We have a team of ball carriers, so it’s a not brainer to lean into that and play a more counter attacking style.

I’m actually curious as to what our pass map will look like today, as it felt much less “u-shapey” than normal.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Where is the bookmark when you need it :facepalm:
I've got a few bookmarked myself from a few weeks ago, eh, when you lot were all foaming at the mouth 😬

Here's one for example, that got a fair share of red cards and laughs...looking even a bit pessimistic now.🙃 We're finishing above **** Tottenham and Leicester for sure.

When you have the second best/top player in the world in your team... then you are almost guaranteed to finish in the CL spots.

That's not really the reality of what Cristiano is at this point, tbh.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Plus, we realeased the ball much, much quicker. We have a team of ball carriers, so it’s a not brainer to lean into that and play a more counter attacking style.

I’m actually curious as to what our pass map will look like today, as it felt much less “u-shapey” than normal.
Our passing was much more quicker and we looked very progressive. I don't know how much of that is due to the "NLD adrenaline." I'd like to believe we've turned a corner but we have to wait till the end of October to make a definite judgement.

El Duderino

Our passing was much more quicker and we looked very progressive. I don't know how much of that is due to the "NLD adrenaline." I'd like to believe we've turned a corner but we have to wait till the end of October to make a definite judgement.

Can’t fault the team going into the international break on the back of 3 wins.

Need to keep it sharp, since Villa will be a tricky game. But we should be winning against Palace.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He’s still not it for me but I gave him a target of 11 points from 15 and he’s already on 9.

Loved the first half (but we were unsustainably clinical and a bit lucky if we’re being honest) but the second half was poor.

Don’t get me wrong, I know that I’m being harsh but the things I’m complaining about have been problems for Mikel since he’s been here. Next I’d like to see him do this against a team that isn’t in freefall.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Best and most entertaining performance we've had in about 18 months. Whatever he did or said differently going into the game really worked so all credit to him for that. Let's keep it up now.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I saw enough today to see that Arteta is starting to get somewhere with this squad. It's late but better late than never. The players seem fully invested in him too.

I'm going to cut him a bit of leeway as long as results and performances stay at this level.

That level of desire, technical ability and commitment has to be our consistent level going forwards. It's not enough to just see it in a NLD, it needs to be week in week out.

The manager and the players can obviously perform to this high level. I want to see it consistently now.

His pre match 'fans and supporters' thing payed off big time for him today. Got the crowd really riled up. It was clever, if we lost it wouldn't have been though.

El Duderino

He’s still not it for me but I gave him a target of 11 points from 15 and he’s already on 9.

Loved the first half (but we were unsustainably clinical and a bit lucky if we’re being honest) but the second half was poor.

Don’t get me wrong, I know that I’m being harsh but the things I’m complaining about have been problems for Mikel since he’s been here. Next I’d like to see him do this against a team that isn’t in freefall.

I think we soaked pressure well enough for most of it. Yes we rode our luck with Kane diving and then missing a clear shot, but he’s also missing due to our players not giving him much of anything to do for most of the match.

Subs should’ve come earlier, but yeah, that’s about it.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

I wonder if it's all tactical in the way we almost allowed them back into it near the end? I always go back to Luiz after the United game saying we didn't have the stamina to keep the intensity up for 90 mins. Could that still be a part of it as well?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom