• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang: Auba And Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Obviously his performance depends on the service and continuity behind him but it's also on him to put forth this kind of effort match to match which he hasn't done in this poor spell. When he's switched on and the team is gelling then he's still elite.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Obviously his performance depends on the service and continuity behind him but it's also on him to put forth this kind of effort match to match which he hasn't done in this poor spell.

Nah the effort is one thing that's always been there from him. He really has busted his balls for us this past year.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

But AM told me he was over the hill.

In all seriousness, having three creative players and guys who find his runs did wonders for him today. Needs to build on this.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

But AM told me he was over the hill.

In all seriousness, having three creative players and guys who find his runs did wonders for him today. Needs to build on this.
Thinks it works better in some games than others. We saw similar to what we saw today against Leeds last season, but we’ve also seen it not work.

This is what we should really be doing with a guy you’ve committed such a contract to though.

Batman

Nah the effort is one thing that's always been there from him. He really has busted his balls for us this past year.
He absolutely does not always close down or compete for the ball in the air like he did today. Now granted, it's easier to do when you feel it will actually result in something and you're getting service but he's got to do it regardless and that hasn't always been the case in the past season. He was great today but he needs to be this assertive all the time.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He absolutely does not always close down or compete for the ball in the air like he did today. Now granted, it's easier to do when you feel it will actually result in something and you're getting service but he's got to do it regardless and that hasn't always been the case in the past season. He was great today but he needs to be this assertive all the time.

Yeah maybe your right. In my opinion though he's put in some proper miles the last year or so when it would've been easier for him to sulk about the lack of service.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Today was very good striker performance 2nd half didn't do much but he put 8 out of 10 performance at first half he getting his finishing touch back and for us it's absolutely vital.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Thought it was funny when he zoned out during the interview and started enjoying the fans singing his name, completely ignoring Geoff Shreeves in the process...he made the right decision, imo.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I also can't believe wanted us to sell him in summer while there absolutely nobody in market can get 20 goals a season.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Apart from a couple of awful first touches, he was on it. This was a captains performance aided by much better and more adventurous players around him. Much better playing in his strongest position too. How strange 🤔

Batman

Yeah maybe your right. In my opinion though he's put in some proper miles the last year or so when it would've been easier for him to sulk about the lack of service.
He's hasn't just stood around but I feel that he has it in him as he showed today to force the opponent into errors as well as to try to make something happen when the service is ideal. I much prefer to see him harassing the keeper and making the CBs challenge him in the air and potentially give away fouls than just putting in a shift that isn't particularly focused if that makes sense. If he's not scoring or even if he is, I want any expenditure of energy on his part to be like it was today, where it makes the whole team more dangerous.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

This is what we should really be doing with a guy you’ve committed such a contract to though.

This is the key point and what I've been saying for a long time. You have to make it work when you give a player that level of money.

Hopefully it looks like it is finally working out, praying to god I never see Auba on the wings again 👀

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He scored 10 league goals last season. He has now scored 2 goals in 5 games. Is Aubameyang getting back to his best?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Great finish yesterday. Needs to put that level of effort into every match now.

OSBK

Established Member
I have given this guy grief not because of ability but for effort. Lets get this straight, that performance from him was his best by far since the fa cup final. He was a beast, fighting for the ball and challenging the cb's, he didnt shy away not once. Watching that game there was only 1 150mill striker that city should be chasing. He set a benchmark not just for him but the team now, thats the fire and desire every game.

As a collective if we can bring that aggression and passion to every game then who knows what we can achieve.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Glad his performance hasn’t gone under the radar, he was a huge part of our win. Ran the channels, won headers, held the ball up, linked play.. excellent performance from an excellent striker.

Fancy him to score bucket loads this season. As per.

Thought his movement was pretty spot on today. Really helped in keeping the Sp**s defense busy and pulling them away from the action.

He just needs confidence and more opportunities as our number 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom