• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang: Auba And Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Was pleasently surprised how competitive he was in aerial duels, won a lot of headers last night.

Have a theory Ramsdale's distribution has something to do with that. Noticed his long kicks to FW areas are not strictkly directed to forward players/advanced areas but are rather a bit shorter. So if a player knows where the ball is going in advance, they can anticipate better and have the advantage of running towards the ball which gives you more elevation.

Goonger

It's not even the effort when tracking back & defending. It's the off the ball runs, that give our creative players an outlet that I feel we miss at times, & he done that very well yesterday with good run in both channels. Of course, on the flip side, you need to have players that can find those runs, & i feel we have more of those players in the team now, so hopefully that's a good positive going forward from the creative players perspective & Auba's.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The most important thing he did yesterday was not even the stuff he did with the ball. It was his constant runs dragging Sp**s defenders away and giving guys like saka, ode and ESR space to do their thing. He showed us yesterday that he's not done, not by a long stretch. Even at 32, he's still one of the fittest players in the league. Under an optimum system, he still has at least 2 years of top level football in him imo

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The team set up helped him yesterday. It must have been hard as hell to run knowing the ball would never reach you. Credit to Ramsdsle as some have said. His goal kicks allowed Auba to win headers which with practice will see us win second balls quite close to the opponent's goal.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He absolutely does not always close down or compete for the ball in the air like he did today. Now granted, it's easier to do when you feel it will actually result in something and you're getting service but he's got to do it regardless and that hasn't always been the case in the past season. He was great today but he needs to be this assertive all the time.
Yeah I’ve never seen Auba actually go for headers. I’m not even exaggerating.

He’s got a really good leap as well so it’s low-key disappointing that this is the first time he’s actually tried to win headers. 😂

He needs to keep doing it because he actually got us up the pitch quite a few times.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What kind of nepotism. I hope his kids attend a trial like everyone else has to. 😡

If I was Arsenal, I would sign his kids up to Hale End...only to fire them the next day.

Send everyone a message, this club ain't messing around no more!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yeah I’ve never seen Auba actually go for headers. I’m not even exaggerating.

He’s got a really good leap as well so it’s low-key disappointing that this is the first time he’s actually tried to win headers. 😂

He needs to keep doing it because he actually got us up the pitch quite a few times.
Tbf, this is the first time he's actually had a chance of winning or even contesting a header. We have to thank Ramsdale for that.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
What kind of nepotism. I hope his kids attend a trial like everyone else has to. 😡
If they've got a Zlatan attitude and talent to match, you just sign them up :lol:
Enzo Cazorla, Theo Pires and Auba Jnr. Imagine these little guys with their father's ability lining up here in the future.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I thought Auba looked sharp vs Burnley and showed his pace was back, so I was expecting him to play well yesterday. Anyone who wrote him off or has still written him off are premature to do so. He's got at least this and next season at the top still. With SOS behind him he's gonna score plenty!

Reactions: Xln

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Put in a very good shift & was great to see him on the score sheet.
Big ask but hope 🤞 that he & the younger players behind him can keep the levels similar to that all season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think that may have been his best ever game for us.

He's obviously had many great games for Arsenal, but as an all-round performance, I am not sure he has ever been better.

I have never seen him impose himself on defenders like that before, felt like he won every duel with Dier/Sanchez.

IstraBalagina

He scored 10 league goals last season. He has now scored 2 goals in 5 games. Is Aubameyang getting back to his best?

Coach Fail GIF by MolaTV

OSBK

Established Member
I think that may have been his best ever game for us.

He's obviously had many great games for Arsenal, but as an all-round performance, I am not sure he has ever been better.

I have never seen him impose himself on defenders like that before, felt like he won every duel with Dier/Sanchez.

I thought that tbh. Maybe the cup final just because it was a final. But totally agree that version of auba we saw was exactly what we have been crying out for.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If they've got a Zlatan attitude and talent to match, you just sign them up :lol:
Enzo Cazorla, Theo Pires and Auba Jnr. Imagine these little guys with their father's ability lining up here in the future.
Enzo Cazorla and Theo Pires! They’ve already got the world class names. 😂

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Still can’t believe there was a time some
Arsenal fans were saying Lacazette is better. Shows the level of football knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom