• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
They are leading 1:2 away vs City at the moment.

M'Hand and Lopez with the goals. City was leading the league before this game.

Surprised, that the Arsenal Academy account isn't even tweeting about this?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
They are leading 1:2 away vs City at the moment.

M'Hand and Lopez with the goals. City was leading the league before this game.

Surprised, that the Arsenal Academy account isn't even tweeting about this?
Our coverage is as pathetic as ever. Numerous U18 highlights missing from the player, no updates during games either.

2-2 now.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Ended 2:2.

Stats saying City had 10 shots on goal. So maybe our goalie had a very good performance or they had a lot of long shots.
Probably we can be happy with the point.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ended 2:2.

Stats saying City had 10 shots on goal. So maybe our goalie had a very good performance or they had a lot of long shots.
Probably we can be happy with the point.
Okonkwo kept busy it seems.

City are top of the PL2 so to get a draw here is a decent result and an indication that we're definitely on an upward trajectory both development-wise and results-wise.

Vanfrothan

Looks like they hooked Patino at half time. Hope he isn't injured.

Good to see Salah-Eddine fit and back in form now. There's a lot of hype about Patino and Azeez in the past 6-12 months but I think this lad could be the next to make the step up.

So much quality.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Looks like they hooked Patino at half time. Hope he isn't injured.

Good to see Salah-Eddine fit and back in form now. There's a lot of hype about Patino and Azeez in the past 6-12 months but I think this lad could be the next to make the step up.

So much quality.
It's probably because he was booked early on in the game. Betsy did the same with Hutchinson vs Palace. Took him off on a booking.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Our coverage is as pathetic as ever. Numerous U18 highlights missing from the player, no updates during games either.

2-2 now.

Just don't get it. It's clear that fans want to watch these young players develop. And in recent years we have seen so many Hale end prospects break into the first team and have some success. Iwobi, AMN, Nketiah, Nelson, Saka and ESR. It shows the project is working pretty well and every other team usually shows the games of their youth teams. With all the buzz around Patino and Hutchinson, playing against Man City, the leaders in the PL2, and can't find any streams for the game, just sad.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That was an impressive result, worth pointing out that Man City are currently stronger than Chelsea at youth level, their investment in their academy - picking up all the top talents along with Chelsea is bearing fruit now.

Man City u23 last lost at home in November 2019. They had won their last 9 at home before yesterday.

We’ve already played Sp**s, Chelsea and City away and United at home so to be just a point behind them is good. Our next two games are Brighton (currently joint second with us) at home and Liverpool away. Tough start for Betsy. :lol:

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Just don't get it. It's clear that fans want to watch these young players develop. And in recent years we have seen so many Hale end prospects break into the first team and have some success. Iwobi, AMN, Nketiah, Nelson, Saka and ESR. It shows the project is working pretty well and every other team usually shows the games of their youth teams. With all the buzz around Patino and Hutchinson, playing against Man City, the leaders in the PL2, and can't find any streams for the game, just sad.
it was an away game tbf, I think City are the ones who decide if games will be streamed. Another note, if our u23 team and our first team have a home match on the same day, I heard the u23 game can't be streamed by law

Vanfrothan

Great goal from Salah. Definitely becoming my favourite youth team player.

So many great ones to chose from though.

Patino, Azeez, Hutchinson, Taylor-Hart, Bieireth looks good as well.

Shame Norton-Cuffy is injured right now, he's another of my favourites and we need a decent backup to Tomiyasu long term.

I read he's had surgery but will be back in 6 weeks though, so that's not too bad.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Looks like the game against Brighton will be on arsenal.com. Hope they don't ask for money as they did in preseason

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Looks like the game against Brighton will be on arsenal.com. Hope they don't ask for money as they did in preseason
Looks like it's free. Should be a good watch against another good PL2 team. We're on really good form and managed to get a good draw against arguably the best PL2 team in Man City.

I wonder if Hutchinson and Taylor-Hart might miss out again - they haven't featured in our last 2 games. This is mainly due to Balogun having to step back into the U23s combined with Betsy favoring 3 at the back right now. Should be an interesting looking line-up. We'll see!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
2-0 to us at HT.

Patino and Salah very impressive so far. A few hairy moments from a decent Brighton team though - Ogungbo for me looking solid yet again. Monlouis also looks much more comfortable. Some bright moments from Akinola here and there - looks a completely different player under Betsy.

GLITCH

No idea why Hutchinson isn't starting, but from what I saw, he should be. Akinola has improved quite a lot. He looked a bit lost when he first joined. But I put that down to the coaching on both fronts.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
3-0 was a nice result to match a very nice performance. I love the bravery and skill on the ball and the will get back and defend as a collective. There's so much to look forward to and you hope a lot of these guys make it here. Winterburn tips Balogun, Lopez and Bierith to make it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom