• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really disappointing today we bought to make us dominate and hold the ball better today he was poor passing was really bad and his first touch was weak.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Poor game from my boy, but he looked like he was still putting in the work when not on the ball...will happily forgive him.

The conditions made me think it wouldn't be his day, tbf :lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A poor game from him and ge kept waving his team mates forward to no avail. We had gaps all over and he was sort of lost on the space

Melquiades

Young player who has had a couple excellent games recently drops a stinker in tough conditions.

Non-story unless it becomes a pattern.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Are we really expecting our players to not perform when it's raining? Is this what it's come to?

I would like players who can do it in all weather conditions too, but that's not Arsenal in 2021.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Think I'll get drowned in downvotes like the last time around, but he really looked like a different player when he was here on loan.

IstraBalagina

Really underwhelming Arsenal career so far (adding the half season loan spell).
Doesn't have the top player aura around him.

Melquiades

Are we really expecting our players to not perform when it's raining? Is this what it's come to?

Not saying that at all.

This was a pretty tough away fixture against a well-organized team in terrible conditions. Do I want him to be better? Of course. Am I willing to give a young player who had been playing well a pass on one bad game? Also yes. It happens.

Think I'll get drowned in downvotes like the last time around, but he really looked like a different player when he was here on loan.

I mean, he scored the match-winning goal two matches ago and then was outstanding against Sp**s.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Not saying that at all.

This was a pretty tough away fixture against a well-organized team in terrible conditions. Do I want him to be better? Of course. Am I willing to give a young player who had been playing well a pass on one bad game? Also yes. It happens.

I mean, he scored the match-winning goal two matches ago and then was outstanding against Sp**s.
He was okay against Sp**s. A match winning performance would be like the one he had last year against West Ham. Not seen anything from him at that level.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Really can't figure him out. Is he a top technician like we've needed for years or not? Because yesterday his touch, passing and awareness of his surroundings were ****ing awful.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Had a stinker. Especially in the first half.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I've said it before, but I'll hammer the point home, Özil's performances in his last few months playing here by far and I mean FAR trump anything Ødegaard has shown us but in typical A-M style the odd assists, the odd goal and a good 45 minutes against West Ham combined with a bit of running about had A-M with their knickers even wetter than from the NLD talking about how he offers what Özil could not.

It's like this forum just lives in a complete alternate reality to justify their own confirmation bias and just see things which aren't there. Ødegaard is a fairly talented player, but he's nowhere and never will be near Özil peak levels. Absolutely no chance. At this age Özil was going to the Nou Camp and producing title winning moments, he certainly wasn't being dragged off because he was being outplayed by 42 year old Lallana.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Really can't figure him out. Is he a top technician like we've needed for years or not? Because yesterday his touch, passing and awareness of his surroundings were ****ing awful.
He’s one of the most technically accomplished players in the squad easily. Not sure what happened yesterday though.

It's like this forum just lives in a complete alternate reality to justify their own confirmation bias and just see things which aren't there. Ødegaard is a fairly talented player, but he's nowhere and never will be near Özil peak levels. Absolutely no chance.
Who’s expecting Ødegaard to be Özil? :lol:
Özil was already worldclass at his age, we signed Ødegaard knowing that he needs development.

Ødegaard will never reach peak Özil levels and there’s no shame in that, it’s not even necessary to be a success here.

I back him to comfortably match or outperform Özil’s 2nd contract here however.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He’s one of the most technically accomplished players in the squad easily. Not sure what happened yesterday though.

Who’s expecting Ødegaard to be Özil? :lol:
Özil was already worldclass at his age, we signed Ødegaard knowing that he needs development.

Ødegaard will never reach peak Özil levels and there’s no shame in that, it’s not even necessary to be a success here.

I back him to comfortably match or outperform Özil’s 2nd contract here however.

Well so far he's shown absolutely noting to suggest he's even gonna match Özil's 2nd contract which is the point I'm making. And there's been a lot of comparisons to Özil for Ødegaard talking about how he offers what Özil didn't.

Top Bottom