• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
The response on here is predictably reactive and fatalistic. I guess some people are cheesed off by the "Arteta praise" at the Sp**s win or jaded by all the false starts.

Take a step back, calm down and view this performance objectively and it's not a disaster at all. We are still playing with five new outfield players this season and it's going to take time before they hit their top gear. This was always going to be a tough away game, even more so because it was played in a storm against one of the best form teams in the league.

I said 7 or ideally 8 points from the four matches would be good enough to stay on track for fifth and we are still there. We've got positives (ESR's continued development, Ramsdale, Gabriel, our fight & resilience) as well as the negatives and general lack of creativity. We need to do better than this, but it's definitely not the end of the world either.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
And Ødegaard was ****ing ****. He's supposed to be able to pull off those flicks and one time passes in tight spaces, but he can't.
he was not so bad actually. He was getting into space consistently. But no one found him.

our midfield doesn't get a second on the ball and they can't create any space.

GLITCH

Results are obviously more important, but with performances like that, I can understand why some people prefer we lose. As fans, we should always want to win, and if we do, okay, but at what cost? Missing out on better managers yet again? This team might improve once they gel, but I'd be insane to expect something different from Arteta at this point.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The biggest failing of all is basically your entire post: he just can’t build momentum.

He had that five game win streak at the end of last season but besides that he’s never won more than three PL games in a row and it feels like we’ve never had more than two good performances in a row which is worse tbh.

The fair thing to do is give it time now he has his players but I feel like I’ve seen enough in this year and a half tbh. I feel like he will improve but he wont improve enough, let’s see what happens.
This team is not going anywhere. It will remain in purgatory in perpetuity. It has the tools to be agreat team. But Arteta is holding it back.
We'll have the odd decent game that will make you think "okay, maybe this team is going somewhere" but the next game you'll see performances like the BHA game.

Look at the way the BHA players were moving the ball and cutting us open. It was just sad to see. I've never us move the ball like that under Arteta.

I've given up on him. I'll be mad to give him more time. People were saying this time last year that we should give him more time and yet here we are again.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We’re still yet to beat a decent team this season and have struggled in every game apart from Sp**s. The signs aren’t good. Just think to yourselves for a minute, the next two games against Palace and Villa, are you confident we can win going into those games? That’s the level Arteta has dragged us down to.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Imagine Wenger or Emery after being outplayed by a team like Brighton and just being happy to scrape a draw. They'd be ****ing slaughtered. But for some reason we've just accepted these are the standards now, in spite Arteta being given the luxury of being able to spend more than his predecessors. This not long after putting in a similarly insipid attacking display away to Burnley and needing a free-kick to bail us out, and even more on the back of three opening defeats with 9 goals conceded and 0 scored. We've scored 5 goals in 6 games and haven't looked like scoring many more than we did apart from maybe Norwich we could've had a couple more. But yet we're justifying all this like we're some sort of newly promoted side trying to find their feet in the top flight for the first time.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Imagine Wenger or Emery after being outplayed by a team like Brighton and just being happy to scrape a draw. They'd be ****ing slaughtered. But for some reason we've just accepted these are the standards now, in spite Arteta being given the luxury of being able to spend more than his predecessors. This not long after putting in a similarly insipid attacking display away to Burnley and needing a free-kick to bail us out, and even more on the back of three opening defeats with 9 goals conceded and 0 scored. We've scored 5 goals in 6 games and haven't looked like scoring many more than we did apart from maybe Norwich we could've had a couple more. But yet we're justifying all this like we're some sort of newly promoted side trying to find their feet in the top flight for the first time.
Wengers too classy to be ****ing furious at the way the same fans who abused and removed him are continually making excuses for shocking football, mid table results and mid table finishes. But I'm ****ing furious for him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Glad that most of you accepted the way we play, it's now perfectly fine that we are the worst performing attacking side. There won't be any disappointments, looks like from now on this will be a point won instead of two points lost which will make people happier

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I've held my tongue in this thread after a satisfactory performance in the NLD.

But my opinion hasn't changed. Yesterday was a stark contrast between a well coached team & one that is confouded by theirs.

They're a good team Brighton, but put Potter on our bench & in command of our players & he would've beaten Brighton convincingly.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Wengers too classy to be ****ing furious at the way the same fans who abused and removed him are continually making excuses for shocking football, mid table results and mid table finishes. But I'm ****ing furious for him.
He did say something recently about being treated harshly in his last few years, he knows he got done dirty by Arsenal fans and the Kronke's. That's probably why he won't return to the Emirates.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Glad that most of you accepted the way we play, it's now perfectly fine that we are the worst performing attacking side. There won't be any disappointments, looks like from now on this will be a point won instead of two points lost which will make people happier

Yeah the standard is now expect wins at home against anyone outside the top 4 and wins away against the bottoms 5. Anything else is a bonus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom