• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Omg the usual whining party started here coz arsenal manager won manager of the month and included his coaching team in the picture. Wonderful!

Brighton match wasn't considered coz it was in October. Other than that only we won all 3. Pep drew vs Southampton at home. Klopp drew vs Brentford and Tuchel lost at home vs city. I'm sure even if we finish top 4 (we won't) you lot will find something to hate about him because you guys just want to win the argument.

Next week if we beat palace, it will be "only" crystal palace. But at the same time Sp**s doesn't count coz they were poor. He can never win. Glad at least the match going fans haven't gone to these levels.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Quality post, the fierce Arteta detractors don’t seem to understand that some of us are interested in the post Christmas results not just because they happened to be good but because they happened later. It’s natural to try to figure out if there’s an upward trend. Personally I think he has the right ideas about how the midfield and defence should operate but I think he’s pretty hopeless with the forwards. I think we need two things to happen, we need to see that press we’ve seen flashes of implemented consistently and he needs to get lucky with picking a combination of forwards that works.
Totally agree with this and would add again that I'm not an Arteta fanatic, I honestly don't know if he can and will get the forwards firing. In my my head he doesn't get much more time, but considering the backing he was given for his players, I'm willing to concede a little more... If we pull the trigger for a decent new manager though, I would definitely understand that decision as well.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

this thread is getting way beyond genuine comment

I've had enough of A-M now - I'll maybe come back when Arteta is sacked, or we finish in top 4, though that assumes some of the vitriol hurled at him would abate, and with some of you I doubt it
You’re being so dramatic.

Has anybody wished him dead? Worst thing I’ve seen in the last few pages is someone saying they hate him.

Wow, so bad.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
When will you be sure?

Somehow I believe that you can always find a reason why we failed to beat someone. Everyone can do it.
It can't always be perfect. You will have players injured. You have to adapt. That's what good managers do.
Why on Earth would manager of Arsenal get excused? Because he is a novice? Tell me any serious club that would let that happen? No one would stick around this much.

We get dominated by more than half of EPL. That's embarrassing.

We are already losing on all Europe places , even that **** Conference League. Not sure how long should we keep up with this. Until Arteta has all of his players? He can't even work with good players he has now.
What when he brings them and it doesn't work out. We will be even further behind ,,rivals".
None Arsenal fan consider any of the top 4 clubs our rivals, that's the saddest part.

Time will tell who is right, but right now I don't see any reason to be optimistic about the future.
Once proper coach is at helm, it will be easier to be optimistic.
When will you be sure is the absolute question... I honestly don't know. I think I'm at the stage now when I could understand him staying or going. He's obviously not getting sacked after a a run of wins and a draw. I hope if he doesn't get 7 points from the next 3 that they pull the trigger (as long as we have someone else lined up). He he gets those results I'm happy with seeing it through to the end of the season as long as we don't tank. That's just a personal view though, I understand that many have lost patience already.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Has anybody wished him dead? Worst thing I’ve seen in the last few pages is someone saying they hate him.

Wow, so bad.
The point I think is not even how people mock him. It's just that this thread basically keeps on repeating the same crying and whining non-stop, with no new input.

That's what I alluded to with my funeral crying contractors joke.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Omg the usual whining party started here coz arsenal manager won manager of the month and included his coaching team in the picture. Wonderful!

Brighton match wasn't considered coz it was in October. Other than that only we won all 3. Pep drew vs Southampton at home. Klopp drew vs Brentford and Tuchel lost at home vs city. I'm sure even if we finish top 4 (we won't) you lot will find something to hate about him because you guys just want to win the argument.

Next week if we beat palace, it will be "only" crystal palace. But at the same time Sp**s doesn't count coz they were poor. He can never win. Glad at least the match going fans haven't gone to these levels.
You get paid to talk sh*t or you just do it for the love of the game?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

The point I think is not even how people mock him. It's just that this thread basically keeps on repeating the same crying and whining non-stop, with no new input.

That's what I alluded to with my funeral crying contractors joke.
Okay could you provide us with some conversation topics?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Okay could you provide us with some conversation topics?
I have said enough in recent pages.

Critique is different than crying like a woman. And I think Tosker is a woman and has also had enough of it.

But yeah, I'm outta here again.

Pyres7

I'd be interested to see a poll of who genuinely hates Arteta atm. AM's pretty negative atm, may as well try to measure it.
Weird question. I don't hate him as a person, I just don't rate him as a manager.

I don't like his dull, negative style of football either, but again that's nothing personal.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Weird question. I don't hate him as a person, I just don't rate him as a manager.

I don't like his dull, negative style of football either, but again that's nothing personal.
I don’t think it’s a weird question, I don’t hate him, not even sure I want him gone but it seems quite a few on here do. I had a response from someone saying they wanted to chin him.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Just to add to this, he secured manager of the month while breaking a new negative record (least goals scored in first seven games since 1984 or something).

Surely the first thing you do when giving someone an award is make sure they haven’t set any really bad records? 🤣
It reminds me of the rare occasions when Trump would go 1 day without saying or doing anything crazy and the media would fawn over how "Presidential" he was becoming. :lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Do you ever stop waffling?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Wow, so bad.
The players like Mari and Mustafi when he was here got far worse. For Xhaka this is light, people happily and openly wish injury on him.

Whatever though, good riddance if you want to cry over a manager forced on us tbh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom