• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Newcastle United: Bandro Tonali

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Newcastle will be a title contending club. These owners don't mess around, they are like spoiled kids that will get what they want.

Meanwhile we will be a set mid table club playing for 1-0 wins or defend a 0-3 losing game

Dark times ahead

Such a depressing post. Especially since its very spot on.

Reactions: Xln

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@Rex Banter your star man twerking for King Thierry. I’m guessing he probably supported Arsenal.

Missed opportunity not signing him up. We ended up getting Cedric after seeing him get destroyed by ASM.

:facepalm:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Honestly ASM is a player that lures people to the stadium. Love watching him.

I'd be overhyped if he were to join us

Exactly.

Some people were saying he wasn’t a priority last summer or the one before but as fans our priority should be to watch entertaining football week in week out and ASM is the type of player that gets fans excited and on the edge of their seats.

These type of players are a dying breed, there are too many workhorses in football nowadays and not enough flair players as they’re labelled as luxury players.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It was ASM or Pepe, tbh...I like Nico, but I would have taken ASM.

Don't think Raul could have justified the "agent fees", if he went for ASM over Pepe though, so it was always gonna be Nico for us.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It was ASM or Pepe, tbh...I like Nico, but I would have taken ASM.

Don't think Raul could have justified the "agent fees", if he went for ASM over Pepe though, so it was always gonna be Nico for us.

Personally, I wouldn’t have signed Ben White instead just given Saliba a chance next to Gabriel and used the funds to get ASM especially as he said he prefers to play in the number 10 role in that interview above.

Auba
Saka ASM Pepe​

This would have been very entertaining with all three players behind Auba interchanging.

Arteta would never tho as he prefers u shaped, bland football.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
These type of players are a dying breed, there are too many workhorses in football nowadays and not enough flair players as they’re labelled as luxury players.
💯 if we are going to be midtable atleast have fun with some mercurial free spirit talents...its like a manufactured xfactor band right now

get someone like Carrascal 🐐 in at #10 rather than young Ronan Keating

rocking the Cescs mullet / Baggio tail this season 🐐

1633109242_547078_1633110154_noticia_normal.jpg

at 23 already got the influencers offering to **** him for goals 👌

SmH3gu4.png

Riou

Personally, I wouldn’t have signed Ben White instead just given Saliba a chance next to Gabriel and used the funds to get ASM especially as he said he prefers to play in the number 10 role in that interview above.

Auba
Saka ASM Pepe​

This would have been very entertaining with all three players behind Auba interchanging.

We don't have many players right now, that get you super excited when they are on the ball, tbh.

Auba
Saka-Ødegaard-ESR
...probably Mikel's first choice attack...all good players, the three young ones could all develop into very good players, but we do feel a bit bland at the minute...maybe I have just seen too many top players in my time, but you do feel this team is missing those X-factor players.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Auba
Saka ASM Pepe​

Not against signing or having signed ASM, but I'm not sure this would've worked out. ASM, Pepe and Auba are all fairly direct players, the only one between the lines and remotely creative is Saka. So you got him, ASM who can dribble and carry the ball but who's also very direct plus another similar player in Pepe and a running goal scorer. Seems a bit unbalanced.

Auba
Saka-Ødegaard-ESR
...probably Mikel's first choice attack...all good players, the three young ones could all develop into very good players, but we do feel a bit bland at the minute...maybe I have just seen too many top players in my time, but you do feel this team is missing those X-factor players.

And that's the exact opposite almost. Only one direct player in there, Saka as a mixed bag, Ødegaard as a very classical 10 and then ESR who's like a bargain Grealish without the flashy stuff and only one runner/goalscorer.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We don't have many players right now, that get you super excited when they are on the ball, tbh.

Auba
Saka-Ødegaard-ESR

Carragher summed it up nicely on that Overlap fan debate. He said there are about three good youngsters at Arsenal (Saka, Ode and ESR) but they won’t all reach that level to be world class as it’s a bit impossible for that to happen.

Out of the three, I think Saka if he improves his end product will be the one that reaches the very top imo.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not against signing or having signed ASM, but I'm not sure this would've worked out. ASM, Pepe and Auba are all fairly direct players, the only one between the lines and remotely creative is Saka. So you got him, ASM who can dribble and carry the ball but who's also very direct plus another similar player in Pepe and a running goal scorer. Seems a bit unbalanced.

The only reason I put ASM off the striker is because he said that’s his preferred role in the video above but with all of those direct players, I’d try and copy Liverpool’s tactics when they go with Mane, Jota and Salah.

I would have even opted for Saka in the number 10 as I’ve always been interested to see how he’d fair there, IIRC didn’t he play there against Sheffield Utd last season?

Riou

And that's the exact opposite almost. Only one direct player in there, Saka as a mixed bag, Ødegaard as a very classical 10 and then ESR who's like a bargain Grealish without the flashy stuff and only one runner/goalscorer.

I am very happy to have all three players in our squad, and I don't mean this as a disrespect to any of those guys...but it wasn't even that long ago that we had prime Sanchez, Cazorla and Özil all in our team, bit of a drop.

Such a shame we didn't have Auba around 2015.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
The only reason I put ASM off the striker is because he said that’s his preferred role in the video above but with all of those direct players, I’d try and copy Liverpool’s tactics when they go with Mane, Jota and Salah.

I would have even opted for Saka in the number 10 as I’ve always been interested to see how he’d fair there, IIRC didn’t he play there against Sheffield Utd last season?

Jota's a good example of someone more direct in there in contrast to Firmino, but I don't think Mikel could pull that off tactically. Tbh now that you've mentioned that I'd be interested in seeing if Klopp changes up his midfield when he plays Jota instead if Firmino.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Jota's a good example of someone more direct in there in contrast to Firmino, but I don't think Mikel could pull that off tactically. Tbh now that you've mentioned that I'd be interested in seeing if Klopp changes up his midfield when he plays Jota instead if Firmino.

He started with that front three against City but he had Fabinho, Henderson and Jones in midfield. I guess Klopp doesn’t have worry that much about his midfield when he has an elite player like Mo Salah in red hot form.

I agree with you, there’s no way that Mikel can pull that off. He’s even limited the way that Pepe plays.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Not sure if this is the right place to post this (mods feel free to move), but this article gives some pretty good insights into the Manchester City strategy when they were taken over.

A couple of the main take-aways were to avoid signing players who want you to triple their salaries, or who ask questions about lifestyle rather than football; also to build slowly to the big name signings. I'm not sure I believe that that's actually what they did to be honest, but it sort of reflects some of the issues that Arsenal have experienced after the post Wenger rebuild. I feel more comfortable with our approach now in targeting younger players, just hope we've gone for the right ones.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Another nail in the coffin for us, surely. In the coming years they’ll hire top managers, players etc and become a top club competing for top
4 at least. The landscape has totally changed and our standing as a top CL club is now history.

You really start to question your investment, support, and interest in the PL or any club outside the absolute elite.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Another nail in the coffin for us, surely. In the coming years they’ll hire top managers, players etc and become a top club competing for top
4 at least. The landscape has totally changed and our standing as a top CL club is now history.

You really start to question your investment, support, and interest in the PL or any club outside the absolute elite.

A good post from you.

Riou

I don't think you need to question your support though.

Football has always had teams that have no chance of winning the big titles, but have plenty of fans.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom