• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

sdotzdot

Established Member
I am sorry, but some of you don't understand football.

Under Wenger, we played a low tempo possession style football. Emery tried to transition to quick counters with mobile wingbacks. Now Arteta's trying to instil a high tempo possession gegen counter press system with carreilos and meizallos and a deep lying playmaker. This highly modern European style of Calcio (Which is what this type of football is called in Italia) comes from high performing Ligas (What it's called in European football). This is what Arteta is trying to bring to Arsenal to modernise the club with more Illaramendi's and less Gareth Batty's. It shows that we are suffering some blips but the foundational changes at the heart of European Castelnachhio (Footballing term: Athletic link here) that Arteta's revolution is bringing allows wing backs to overlap with devastating results with high tempo pressing creative passare (Italian term for pass: Athletic link here)

The fans need to give him time
High press football??? :lol::lol::lol::lol: Where?

You mean for five minutes a game?

You mean for when we somehow get a jammy goal than sit deep for the rest of the game only to collapse and lose/draw for nearly two years now?

Modern day high press style my ass :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We’re beating Watford at home in two weeks no matter what and then it’s an international break so he’ll be safe.

Then an away game at Anfield where we’re getting tooled but a nice pick me up at home to the Brucey boys :lol:

He’s going nowhere anytime soon.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Just goes to show how long I haven't posted in this thread that I had no idea he's no longer blinded by the lights but has somehow managed to become manager of the month 🤣

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
High press football??? :lol::lol::lol::lol: Where?

You mean for five minutes a game?

You mean for when we somehow get a jammy goal than sit deep for the rest of the game only to collapse and lose/draw for nearly two years now?

Modern day high press style my ass :lol:
Sadly Wenger recruited low press players known as lento come un cazzo players (Athletic link here). Emery also focused on low energy and
fottutamente inutile players (Athletic football term). Arteta has to adjust and bring in high energy efficient players and so we transition from a low block meizallo less system to a high press system with box to box carrielo's instead of no 10s

Trust the process

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Guy is such a troll I swear.

He’s able to say unbeaten since august in the league with the youngest squad in the PL while boasting a NLD derby win.

Meanwhile the performances have been awful but good luck justifying sacking him. We are f*cked. :lol:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
It's hard to see where the goals are going to come from with this team, we make attacking look so hard. You just can't play like this and expect a good season, if every game is basically a 50/50 even against worse sides than us, you are gonna end up midtable.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name

He’s able to say unbeaten since august in the league with the youngest squad in the PL while boasting a NLD derby win.

Meanwhile the performances have been awful but good luck justifying sacking him. We are f*cked. :lol:
The high press, high tackle style is creative yet compact. Arteta has to be credited for ensuring Arsenal's inverted funnel 2-4-4 system remains creatively isolated while remaining defensively secure through shuffling midfielders of high pressing tempo energy with Xhaka at the base of this high energy style compensating for it. Please hire me Athletic

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
We’re beating Watford at home in two weeks no matter what and then it’s an international break so he’ll be safe.

Then an away game at Anfield where we’re getting tooled but a nice pick me up at home to the Brucey boys :lol:

He’s going nowhere anytime soon.
No chance mate. Brucey got the first game as a freebie from the Saudis. He will be literally fighting for his life by the time they play us.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Im still lost as to what Arteta is doing - I dont see any great plan. I see we apply pressure in certain areas but generally we allow other teams have the ball and play. We have a load of players that are good on the ball but we dont seem to use them to maintain possession.

What bugs me is that our press remains a joke. Poor positioning, combined with no visible triggers, makes us look like we just chasing the ball for the sake of it, and in doing so creating spaces for them to play into.

Compare that with how Palace blocked off our path to midfield, by targeting the ball into Partey and positioning themselves well. That reduced us to those hopeful crosses from our fullbacks which largely would amount to nothing.

Last edited:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I don't get why he makes us play like cowards everytime after we score. We had them on the ropes & then went into the deepest block possible. It’s like he thinks he's performing miracles with Burnley while spending the most in Europe during the summer transfer window

mpower2540

Imagine having a manager with the huevos to constantly pick lineups this offensive 😍 😍 😍

VIVA GODTETAAA
I'm pretty much close to done with him at this point. Same **** every game, start decent for first 15 minutes can't sustain any quality control or possession. He doesn't seem to be able to coach a coherent press or coherent possession game at this point in his career, if he ever will be able to. The players are good enough to mount a challenge for 4th. Just not good enough and there's no other reasonable explanation any more than the lack of managerial skill.

Potter or ten Hag in, please.

Not gonna happen, of course, until the end of season at best. Real shame because we really should be making a run at 4th with this squad.
The shift in emotion. Embrace the Arteta hate boiling inside you my friend!

Also can “Arteta” get the same treatment that a swear word gets? It’s horrible just to look at it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Pretty sure God sent him here just to annoy you and @Macho

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom