• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yet to see anything that indicates he’s a top talent, doesn’t mean he isn’t one but fair to say he hasn’t burst on the scene and is not going to be nominated for any young player awards. Looks neat and tidy whenever he plays but doesn’t really have a standout attribute to his game.

The coaching he receives in the next few months/years will have a big impact on his career I think, right now he’s kind of just okay at everything.

GLITCH

At fault for both goals then started hiding. Obviously one for the future but he got exposed tonight.
As much as I couldn't stand Guendouzi's petulance, that's one thing I have to say he never did. Always showed for the ball and tried to make things happen. We need more players like that.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
2nd goal tbf to him was a clear foul.

I thought that as well, we didn't have any help from the referees tonight but that's no excuse. The team weren't playing close enough together and as a result they kept getting hustled, exposed or isolated. You can see that Sambi has talent, but he looks really raw. Not up to the pace of the PL yet and needs to learn the defensive side of the game.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
It's not about Sambi, but the second half has clearly shown that we need a midfield parter to start and this 4-2-2-1 with Partey, Smith Rowe and Ödegaard doesn't work.

Controlled the match much better (65% possession), but gifted Palace the first goal and the second goal was clearly a foul, but we still should have a better counter validation.

If somebody can post the clip here, everyone will clearly see that Gallagher played nothing from the ball and just kicked against Sambi's foot. No chance for Sambi to keep the ball like this.

But no surprise with a blind referee like Mike Dean.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I blame the guy who said he is as good as Fabregas, tbh.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yet to see anything that indicates he’s a top talent

Agree with this.

It might sound like I’m hating but we just need to be realistic. He’s been decent so far and although it’s still very early, there’s been nothing to suggest that he’s some Cesc level talent and we should be reliant on him. If Saliba has been deemed as not ready for the first team then based on that judgement Lokonga should be loaned out too.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I think he's good enough already to be in the first team, he's just not ready to be playing every game in the league yet. But this is the situation we have now.
I thought he showed his ability again today, despite getting robbed. Only way to get him accustomed to the league is find game time for him, I’d be happy to see him in the team again.

Haphazard

I think it's better to start AMN , which isn't a knock on Lokonga as he was bought with the understanding that he wouldn't be starting many games initially. It did look like a foul on him but not sure.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Goal aside, think he is solid every game, but at this point, I can't see what more he offers compared to Douzi. We've invested over 70m in Lokonga and BW just because Arteta couldn't handle two kids like Douzi and Saliba. Rather expensive incompetence from our manager I would say as 70m gets you 1 top quality player

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
would like to see him, Partey & AMN in a three

see if they can control a midfield for once... let them work together as group

we are not good enough to yet to put a 10 or AM in there

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Direct step to the PL is a big one, that I am aware off. That second goal proved that. With us he still had the time, or our refs would have given a foul. Not going to give him fill blame, but it was childish. Still think he has the attributes to succeed.

But it's a bad time for a new, young foreign player in the current situation of the club.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I back him to prove a lot of ludicrously negative AM posters wrong.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Agree with this.

It might sound like I’m hating but we just need to be realistic. He’s been decent so far and although it’s still very early, there’s been nothing to suggest that he’s some Cesc level talent and we should be reliant on him. If Saliba has been deemed as not ready for the first team then based on that judgement Lokonga should be loaned out too.

Based on that standard we should loan out ESR, Saka and Ødegaard too cause there’s been nothing to suggest that they’re some Cesc level talent and they should be reliant on..... like who then do we have left to play for us?

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom