• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

blaze_of_glory

He’s pissing me off with how safe he plays it. Noticed it too many times with him, really need to take more risks in his game and be more forward thinking.
This is down to coaching imo. Did he play like this before coming here?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is down to coaching imo. Did he play like this before coming here?
Definitely down to coaching hence why he was pointing for it to go to Tierney. That's exactly what Xhaka does. The paas goes to him of it going where it is meant to go, so he passes it back and waits for it to go there instead.

Partey seems like he plays passes that go against the pattern. I don't think he is an Artwta system player.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

He’s pissing me off with how safe he plays it. Noticed it too many times with him, really need to take more risks in his game and be more forward thinking.
Most people calling him out for not passing it out wide but it should be drilled in to him to get it forward and always look for the options centrally, Wenger would have had him getting the ball to ESR there to split the entire defence/midfield.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Definitely down to coaching hence why he was pointing for it to go to Tierney. That's exactly what Xhaka does. The paas goes to him of it going where it is meant to go, so he passes it back and waits for it to go there instead.

Partey seems like he plays passes that go against the pattern. I don't think he is an Artwta system player.
Only midfielder we have who makes straight passes in midfield. Even the simple pass to Ødegaard is not a pass Arteta want in his team

Game Over

No idea why Arteta and Edu were so infatuated by this guy.

Slow, weak, safe, boring, contributes virtually nothing...

Even in his loan spell, what did he really do? How many exciting performances did we really see?

More money wasted by those two clowns. He'll be back in Spain within two seasons.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Was and still am a fan of this signing but you have to say Laca looked a hell of a lot better playing that role tonight.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
No idea why Arteta and Edu were so infatuated by this guy.

Slow, weak, safe, boring, contributes virtually nothing...

Even in his loan spell, what did he really do? How many exciting performances did we really see?

More money wasted by those two clowns. He'll be back in Spain within two seasons.
He's 22 years old, had a OK loan spell for us and only cost £30-34million, which is extremely reasonable in this market. There was a absolutely ghost out there today called Bunedia that cost Villa £38million.

akhil

He's 22 years old, had a OK loan spell for us and only cost £30-34million, which is extremely reasonable in this market. There was a absolutely ghost out there today called Bunedia that cost Villa £38million.

Buendia hasn't shown much so far has he. 4th season in England and 2nd in the PL. It's not like he's in a bad team under a bad manager.

Liam_Og

Was and still am a fan of this signing but you have to say Laca looked a hell of a lot better playing that role tonight.

Laca played as a 10 last night, Ødegaard hasn’t played that role really, he’s been playing deeper, his role has been to retain possession rather than advance the play and try and play a final ball.

There were 2 occasions last night where he played pacy balls to set auba away. And auba was not even close to that wavelength.

Ode is not being played to his strengths, but before the season is out, he will.

If we get back to a spot where we have european football next season, there is a rotating half forward line of Saka/ESR/Ode/Pepe/Martinelli - thats before any incomings and each of those mentioned will be a year further into development, a lot to like there.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Laca played as a 10 last night, Ødegaard hasn’t played that role really, he’s been playing deeper, his role has been to retain possession rather than advance the play and try and play a final ball.

There were 2 occasions last night where he played pacy balls to set auba away. And auba was not even close to that wavelength.

Ode is not being played to his strengths, but before the season is out, he will.

If we get back to a spot where we have european football next season, there is a rotating half forward line of Saka/ESR/Ode/Pepe/Martinelli - thats before any incomings and each of those mentioned will be a year further into development, a lot to like there.

He played at 10 against Sp**s, Norwich and Brighton as well and only really the Sp**s game he looked decent in my opinion. To me Laca offered a lot more being asked to play that role last night.

As I said I still really like the signing but he's not really been at it yet, still loads of time for him though. I still find it really hard to critisise most of these guys having to play in Arteta's system to be fair. Asking a lot of anybody to look good consistently.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Some unfortunate performances, he's looking a little low on confidence to my eye... He's shown his quality elsewhere and here, so I do believe he will bounce back - just hope it's sooner rather than later. We won't be able to rely on Laca goes berserk for 60 minutes before cramping up every game.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Hopefully gets a start on Tuesday, needs to build up some form, has been very poor the last 2.

Backing him to still be quality for us.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Three awful appearances in a row. Not sure what he had shown to even get subbed on tbh especially if the reason he didn’t start is because he was “injured”.

He is still young but he’s much more experienced than Saka/ESR and costs an experienced players fee and is probably on an experienced players wages. He needs to play well next game.

I’m not willing to make the same excuses that I make for attackers in Arteta’s system for a midfielder.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This is the thing.

A-M "Oh Maddison has started the season poorly bullet dodged"

"Buendia hasn't done anything for Villa yet don't know what the fuss was about"

"Willock hasn't had the same impact for Newcastle we did well to sell him"

Also A-M "We have to give Ødegaard time can't judge him yet.
Tir Na Nog…chance….GOAL!

Honestly mate please keep up this supreme level of posting. We need you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom