• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
We play them away on 2nd Dec. If Ole's still there, maybe a 40% win chance and that win would get him sacked. If Conte is there it's 5%. About the same odds for finishing above them.

City, Chelsea, Liverpool take the top three spots so to get top 4 you have to finish above Utd, West Ham, Leicester, Tottenham and rely on Brighton falling away and Everton being useless. 8th looks a good bet, 6th if the stars align,
No way man Everton and Leicester are not terrifying anyone. Neither are Spuds. Neither are United. West Ham has been better than expected but again you expect after 9 games they are better than Arsenal because they are 3 points above? Who has more players than Arsenal in the next tier after 3 best clubs, I can accept United but not really anyone else. I don’t get this idea that Arsenal are destined to be ****e, if Arteta does a halfway decent job we finish above all those teams you listed, I am saying this before we go through a tough stretch of fixture, the season is long and last year our finish in league was an aberration. We spent more than anyone on 6 quality players that play, and brought in good talent in last couple windows we basically have got rid of almost all the below snuff players. See Walcott, Iwobi, Wilshere, Willian, Luiz. I think we are more likely to finish 4th than 8th

Alexs

No way man Everton and Leicester are not terrifying anyone. Neither are Spuds. Neither are United. West Ham has been better than expected but again you expect after 9 games they are better than Arsenal because they are 3 points above? Who has more players than Arsenal in the next tier after 3 best clubs, I can accept United but not really anyone else. I don’t get this idea that Arsenal are destined to be ****e, if Arteta does a halfway decent job we finish above all those teams you listed, I am saying this before we go through a tough stretch of fixture, the season is long and last year our finish in league was an aberration. We spent more than anyone on 6 quality players that play, and brought in good talent in last couple windows we basically have got rid of almost all the below snuff players. See Walcott, Iwobi, Wilshere, Willian, Luiz. I think we are more likely to finish 4th than 8th
I hope you’re right and I’m wrong. Time will tell.

Jack badmon

We need West Ham, Sp**s and Leicester to stick around in Europe, will help us out eventually trying to get back in. With those three and United playing on Thursdays that’s a huge advantage

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Utd getting Don Antonio while we’re still stuck with Arteta. That means all the top clubs will now have a proper manager while we’re still stuck with a rookie. Kmt.

Nuno is still a fraud I guess.

This all but shuts the door on top 4 though imo. Now we’re scrapping with Leicester and West Ham to avoid the Conference League.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Conflicting reports between the Italian and UK press.

Who even matches that? You’ve got one youngster in and around your squad ffs.

You’ve got Ronaldo and Cavani up front with Pogba in midfield. Now’s the time to go big rather than worrying about some nebulous “Utd way”.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Not trying to take the piss, but would he have even considered Arsenal with the budget? He left Inter and Chelsea because of a lack of ambition. He wanted Lukaku and Van Dijk both at Chelsea which was refused. Similar situation with Inter, left them after breaking Juve's 9 year streak because he wasn't confident the board would back him in the market.
No he probably wouldn’t. Maybe given our recent windows coupled with further reassurances. But I really, really wouldn’t want him at Arsenal given the relative inexperience of our squad and his penchant for experience. Think he could do very well for you though, mind.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Personally, don't see Conte at United. Maybe it's the fact I really don't want it to happen but just feel it's a bad match-up, weak board, weak players not suited to Conte's style etc.

Doubt he'll have much say in transfers either.

I reckon they'll give Ole the Sp**s match and he'll win and they'll keep him tbh.

That Ronaldo clip is a worry though, he'll have more say in the dressing room than Ole tbh.

IstraBalagina

Not trying to take the piss, but would he have even considered Arsenal with the budget? He left Inter and Chelsea because of a lack of ambition. He wanted Lukaku and Van Dijk both at Chelsea which was refused. Similar situation with Inter, left them after breaking Juve's 9 year streak because he wasn't confident the board would back him in the market.
In case you didn't know, Arsenal spent more than Chelsea and Liverpool in the last 5 years, spent more than any other team last transfer window too.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Why are people saying that Ole has built a good squad? Its certainly a good squad but i dont think thats because of him. His signings:

Daniel James - A failure that left the club after only 2 years.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka - Hasn't impressed at all. The hype around him 2 years ago looks like a big joke now.

Harry Maguire - Shouldnt be anywhere near a top club, especially not for that kind of money. Insanely overrated.

Bruno Fernandes - His only really good signing.

Odion Ighalo - Barely a footnote in the history of Man United.

Donny van de Beek - Not sure if this really was Ole's signing but he has barely been used so far. Nobody knows why United signed him.

Alex Telles - Hasn't played much but must be awful if he is unable to overcome a loser like Luke Shaw.

Edinson Cavani - A decent signing but isnt young anymore.

Jadon Sancho - It's early days but he is a failure so far.

Raphael Varane - Nah, not massively impressive so far.

Cristiano Ronaldo - Will score more goals but he was only signed because City wanted him and i think he is kind of disruptive.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

You're right JMB, he wouldnt consider Arsenal even with our existing expenditure. Conte is for the here and now, bring in what's needed to get results on the board, gets the results and then moves on.

Even with our needed boost to get back into the big time, I doubt our club would consider such a strategy. And I doubt United would do that either.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Why are people saying that Ole has built a good squad? Its certainly a good squad but i dont think thats because of him. His signings:

Daniel James - A failure that left the club after only 2 years.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka - Hasn't impressed at all. The hype around him 2 years ago looks like a big joke now.

Harry Maguire - Shouldnt be anywhere near a top club, especially not for that kind of money. Insanely overrated.

Bruno Fernandes - His only really good signing.

Odion Ighalo - Barely a footnote in the history of Man United.

Donny van de Beek - Not sure if this really was Ole's signing but he has barely been used so far. Nobody knows why United signed him.

Alex Telles - Hasn't played much but must be awful if he is unable to overcome a loser like Luke Shaw.

Edinson Cavani - A decent signing but isnt young anymore.

Jadon Sancho - It's early days but he is a failure so far.

Raphael Varane - Nah, not massively impressive so far.

Cristiano Ronaldo - Will score more goals but he was only signed because City wanted him and i think he is kind of disruptive.

He's been afforded the luxury of spending ridiculous amounts of money and only really has a handful of good players to show for it.

I'm not sure we should be giving him absolutely massive amounts of credit for that.

And for all the criticism Conte receives didn't he leave behind a fairly good squad for Allegri in 2014? They reached the CL final that year and arguably went up a few gears, I even recall people saying Conte deserved most of the credit for building that squad. Even now with Inter their squad is still pretty good but they chose to sell their star man. It's certainly better than two years ago when he first took over.

I think a lot of the time people just Invent narratives based on one thing where Conte left Chelsea with a slightly old squad, tho he also inherited an aging squad. But guys like Kante, Rudiger and Alonso are still regularly used to this day, Sarri used Luiz before a falling out. For all this talk about Moses he was already in the squad doing nothing when Conte transformed him into a credible wingback yet it's used as a critique?

Top Bottom