• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: Robbing a Living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I mean it wasn’t the only thing was it? Getting dominated in the air by another midget in Jota for his header and then put in the spin cycle by Mane for their third goal when Liverpool battered us.

Letting DCL make a goal side run off him to score when Everton beat us, losing his man in the EL for Villarreal to score the goal that ended up knocking us out.

Shocking performance against Villa when they battered us 3-0 and gives Son an age to shoot from distance when they beat us in the NLD and there’s many more.

The guy is bang average and if he’s in the team for any amount of time he starts racking up the mistakes but as soon as he’s out people start forgetting how poor he actually is.
I mean you could do the same for Tierney or hell even Van Dijk. You’re gonna concede goals throughout the season so pointing every mistake is redundant.

Regardless we had one of the best defensive records last season with Holding as a mainstay. He’s a good CB he’s just unfortunate in that he never won the popularity contest that makes people rate players.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I mean you could do the same for Tierney or hell even Van Dijk. You’re gonna concede goals throughout the season so pointing every mistake is redundant.

Regardless we had one of the best defensive records last season with Holding as a mainstay. He’s a good CB he’s just unfortunate in that he never won the popularity contest that makes people rate players.

Well with Van Dijk I can’t. He rarely makes mistakes. That’s why he’s the best CB in the world.

Never seen him giving away free headers as often as Holding does. The guy is a straight up mediocre CB.

BigPoppaPump

Well with Van Dijk I can’t. He rarely makes mistakes. That’s why he’s the best CB in the world.

Never seen him giving away free headers as often as Holding does. The guy is a straight up mediocre CB.
My point is you can point to every goal conceded to make a player look bad the same way you can make a highlight package that makes them look good. It’s more nuanced than that but this is the Twitter highlight generation so people forget that.

I mean if we’re talking mistakes and f ups Koscielny’s lowlights would be an hour long! But people still seem to rate him for some reason, probably cos he ran around a lot.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Holding has no chat for Koscielny, there's just no universe where Holding has ever been better tbh.

Has Holding even got a sympathy cap for England yet?

According to these Holding critics, if a goal happens, it can be only because of Holding's fault but not because the forward/striker did good. Just like one of the above said about the Jota's goal. According to them, Jota should have never been able to head the ball against a defender just because he is a midget while he has one of the best heading ability.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
According to these Holding critics, if a goal happens, it can be only because of Holding's fault but not because the forward/striker did good. Just like one of the above said about the Jota's goal. According to them, Jota should have never been able to head the ball against a defender just because he is a midget while he has one of the best heading ability.
Truth, is that you bro?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I mean watch the Jota goal. Holding gets caught underneath the ball, let’s it sail over his head for Jota running round the back.

It’s an objectively terrible goal to concede because if a ball is coming into the six yard box and the keeper doesn’t call then he should head it out every single time.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Holding is a serviceable back up to the main trio Gabriel White and Saliba

But sell for maybe 10 m

I mean watch the Jota goal. Holding gets caught underneath the ball, let’s it sail over his head for Jota running round the back.

It’s an objectively terrible goal to concede because if a ball is coming into the six yard box and the keeper doesn’t call then he should head it out every single time.
If you watch that goal, you can see the cross, which was misjudged because the cross had a lot of swing in it. You can say that was a very good cross.

Also that was more of coaching, they were instructed to protect the far post, thats why he misjudged it

Last edited:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Sell for 10m? Someone who played 2 FA cup finals, had been a starter since last season, and might even be a starter when Ben White will get exposed when we will get battered by top half clubs.
This is why we are a banter club
holding as a starter is the reason we are a banter club

I don’t mind the bantz tho

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If you watch that goal, you can see the cross, which was misjudged because the cross had a lot of swing in it. You can say that was a very good cross.

Also that was more of coaching, they were instructed to protect the far post, thats why he misjudged it

The goal went in at the far post? If I ever played CB as a kid the golden rule was don’t get caught under the ball.

It’s like the basics of defending.

BigPoppaPump

The goal went in at the far post? If I ever played CB as a kid the golden rule was don’t get caught under the ball.

It’s like the basics of defending.
Wow didn’t know Carles Puyol posted on AM, please tell us more about your years as a CB.

BigPoppaPump

Good to see someone new on this forum that knows football. Was great viewing reading you putting Rex in a casket in this thread.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
What CB doesn't make mistakes though?

Gabriel made some absolute howlers last season, he's still a good CB.

Holding was unfortunate that his obvious errors have came against high profile sides like Man City and Liverpool where the magnifying glass is out. If they were against some Estonian farmers in the EL they'd have been forgotten about long ago.

I wouldn't have him as a starter but I think he's one of the better back ups in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom