• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Zakaria

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
He was pretty good but hasn't kicked on from that level and just stagnated. Maybe new environment can change things. This would be a 50-50 signing for me.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
He was pretty good but hasn't kicked on from that level and just stagnated. Maybe new environment can change things. This would be a 50-50 signing for me.
He's had a pretty good start to the season. Currently beating Bayern 2-0 as well.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
As free agent or even in January for something like 10m would be very smart addition

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Him or Kamara the OM midfielder who is free agent as well would be smart to replace Elneny next season and give competition to our starting midfield i don't think them can upgrade on xhaka yet but both still young and have really big potential specially Kamara

Last edited:

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Would be smart. Lokonga, Zakaria, Partey, and a new starting CM next summer (Guimaraes, Neves) + youngsters would be awesome depth.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I'd steer clear of more 50/50 players - avoid the free agents, the development youth players etc. What we need in the next window (imo) is a midfield star. Blow it all on a big one - Rice, Bissouma, Phillips etc. Maybe Bruno G or Caqueret.

Same with the striker really.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'd steer clear of more 50/50 players - avoid the free agents, the development youth players etc. What we need in the next window (imo) is a midfield star. Blow it all on a big one - Rice, Bissouma, Phillips etc. Maybe Bruno G or Caqueret.

Same with the striker really.
That's what we should have done this year, kept Saliba and Douzi and blown the lot on a midfield star, like Rice. The trouble is now we've become Aston Villa, will a star want to come here?

Barry

That's what we should have done this year, kept Saliba and Douzi and blown the lot on a midfield star, like Rice. The trouble is now we've become Aston Villa, will a star want to come here?
That's totally where I was at as well. I like the age profiles of our signings but it felt like we were focusing on some of the wrong areas.

With a bit of hindsight it doesn't look like a disastrous window, especially if we are able to get Saliba back next year (I know...).

Last summer we did have a lot of work to do on the squad. Still think they need to focus on shifting players and reducing the squad size. This year two top quality signings are what we need (plus maybe a backup goalie if Leno leaves).

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

So we've become the team we just beat 3-1 🤔 :)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If we’re signing Zakaria as a rotation option plus a big name then I think it’s smart business tbf.

Zakaria, Xhaka, Partey and Rice/Ndidi is an elite group of midfielders.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
he is free in the summer. But like kola it will be huge signing on fee and wages. Definitely top class player wages and if he become bit part player it will be an expensive backup player
We should give him a 1 year contract.

Barry

4 similar players though
Yeah similar plus we've also got Lokonga. You'd assume that Xhaka leaves next summer but no guarantees. If we end up signing two then a midfielder who can get goals would be the dream.

I like @Sebastes shout for Tielemans although obviously that's highly unlikely.

Top Bottom