• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 282,743

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

A central midfielder, a striker and a replacement for Pépé (if Arteta can’t find a way to make him fit into the general play better) needed after this season at the latest.

For CM the dream for me is Tielemans. Very good age profile in that he sits between Sambi and Thomas and he has lots of experience for his relatively young age. League proven is a big plus. Only a very small chance to get him though - I think Leicester needs to have a bad season and miss out on Europa while we improve and don’t. He then needs to not sign an extension with the foxes and no other team needs to be in for him (very unlikely?). With that the attraction of London and a raise might actually get him to the carpet 😅 Alternative for me is Bennacer. Should never have let him go but time in Milan has been good on him and I think he’d complement Thomas very well. Bit of an question mark on physique and PL vs Serie A.

Think this is the hardest position of all at the moment. Aren’t any options I really like except for DCL, whom I really can’t see past. Think he’d prove to be very useful for this version of Arsenal. Similar to Tielemans stars would have to align with results on both ends and given his contract length he’d probably even would have to hand in a request or at least be very vocal about his situation. The only real backup option I see is Edouard. Think we really missed a trick not getting him given price in relation to track record and profile/physique. Maybe, maybe if Palace goes down?

Pépé out, Sarr in. Nuff said. Need to make a deal happen from thin air like Pool did with Jota, before they or anyone else go for him. Lots of interesting backup options behind him in Madueke, Doku, Antony, Olise to name a few.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Mcginn has been **** this season. Even villa fans are starting to turn against him. Would prefer Luiz from villa instead.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

We must get this player in January or in the summer if he isnt transferring. If any other club around our level and we wont get a sniff at him again.

It would be a crime to have a Sp**s or Liverpool get hold of him when we are in the market for a top striker. Edu, dont let us down.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
he cant play lone striker and we will be exactly where we are with Auba. Unless we extend laca and he is second striker

Hear me out, before you shoot me.

I dont think we need to extend Laca to be honest. As much as I love the man, I think his role can be taken by Eddie and we invest in Vlahovic instead.

Auba, Vlahovic, Martinelli, Eddie, Balogun is a young forward line, but with massive potential.

If I had my way, I'd go Isak, Vlahovic, Martinelli, Eddie, Balogun when Auba moves on.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I dont think we need to extend Laca to be honest. As much as I love the man, I think his role can be taken by Eddie and we invest in Vlahovic instead.

Auba, Vlahovic, Martinelli, Eddie, Balogun is a young forward line, but with massive potential.

If I had my way, I'd go Isak, Vlahovic, Martinelli, Eddie, Balogun when Auba moves on.
Fair enough. I disagree though. There is no point of having bunch of young strikers who are not gonna play. You might as well have a mid 20 to late 20 striker as backup. Vlahovic as main striker i support and he can lead the line in one man striker. I honestly think 2 of Eddie, balugon and martinelli has to leave and just get a goodish striker from Europe. We seem to collect bunch of young players as trophies and expect them to get better without playing them. There is only so many young players you can invest in before it becomes too many and we have too many young strikers

TornadoTed

Established Member
I guess what we do regarding strikers really depends on how we are going to set up long term. There are obviously different requirements for 442 compared to 4231/433.

Personally I really like 442 as I don't think Saka in particular has enough goals in him to play as one of a front 3 at the moment. I just can't see him getting even close to scoring as many goals as Salah, Mane, Jota, Sterling, Mahrez, Rashford who are the benchmark numbers wise for a wide forward in a top 4 team.

If we go 4231/433 I would like to see Auba, Vlahovic, Nketiah

If we go 422 I would like to see Auba, Vlahovic, Schick, Nketiah

Martinelli and Balogun need loans in my opinion.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
just dont really see how Vlahovic would fit in to some of these big clubs he is linked with 🤷‍♂️

looks far too wooden on the ball for a club like City, not going to press at all from the front for a Klopp & so much reliance on the one foot has to be a red flag

in the break yesterday for the third he didnt even think of passing with the space & angle open on his right but fluked a pass through the man with the left :lol:

sure goals are goals 💯 but this guy is limited

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
just dont really see how Vlahovic would fit in to some of these big clubs he is linked with 🤷‍♂️

looks far too wooden on the ball for a club like City, not going to press at all from the front for a Klopp & so much reliance on the one foot has to be a red flag

in the break yesterday for the third he didnt even think of passing with the space & angle open on his right but fluked a pass through the man with the left :lol:

sure goals are goals 💯 but this guy is limited
Really like the look of Vlahovic & he would be near the top of my striker list but I think you have a point here. Read a few stat comparisons on him in the summer he definitely has a few gaps in his game. He can run and dribble though, which makes him very dangerous with his height & strength.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Surely we dont need that many? Auba will be hard to move on due to salary. Yes Laca will move on, and we may extend Eddie. I can see Martinelli & Balogun going on loan, some may think Martinelli on loan is crazy but he's not getting the minutes here and needs to play.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If we're going to get Vlahovic it has to be before Sp*rs have a chance to sell Kane.

And that will be soon. Kane is playing like a player who's already left, its holding Sp**s back. Its a similar scenario to Alexis. We could have sold him to City for £60m but held on, the team got worse, and we only got £25m or whatever when he finally went.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wonder if City would be willing to let Sterling go. He's not in the team anymore and has been making noises of wanting to leave. Think he'd be a great player for us: experienced but still a good age, knows the league inside out ect. I think he'd slot in really well on either the left or that second striker position Lacazette has been playing recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom