• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our next 5 games...

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
FDnMT00WUAcwyvM

6 instead of 5 but this is a huge run

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
So thought I'd make a thread like this again since it went down pretty well last year.

So far we've beaten both Newcastle and Burnley, not convincingly but there are some good signs from both games both in attack and defence but now we have some real tough fixtures coming up.

Liverpool (A) - L
Tottenham (H) - W
Watford (A) - W
Aston Villa (H) - W
Manchester United (A) - D

Points total = 10

In my opinion this is the minimum amount of points we need to get in these next 5 fixtures, anything less is worrying and anything more would be brilliant.
We really should be beating United though so 13 is very realistic as well but with our results at Old Trafford I am not so sure.

Anyway, what makes these next 5 games so important is the following fixtures we have after this, we have a 9 games run, similar to last years in which we really should be winning all 9 games. so if we can get 10 or so points from the next 5 games we can be in a very strong position to take in to Christmas.

After the United match we really should be seeing the likes of Holding, Tierney and Bellerin coming back so we have a great chance to get them match fit over that period and integrated into the team without them facing any really difficult opponents.

Barring any injuries and set-backs we have a really decent chance of having a fully fit squad to take into the Man City game late December and then into the new year lets just start with getting 10 or more points here and look to start a convincing winning run.
Look at how neeky you were in 2019, when did you turn into such a troll?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Need to take it game by game the next set of fixtures is tough but apart from Liverpool and UTD away we should be capable of winning the rest. Newcastle are poverty even with new manager Everton been poor Southampton are average and westham despite thier amazing season we playing at home so we have to look to win the game.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Liverpool A (draw) 1pt
Newcastle H (win) 3pt
Man Utd A (draw) 1pt
Everton A (win) 3pt
Soton H (win) 3pt
West Ham H (win) 3pt

14/18

This! Pool have been poor at home so we could win it but Mikel and the players really need to be up for it! Newcastle at home should be a win and United away - id be happy with a draw if it keeps Ole at the wheel lol if not then let's get a dodgy 1-0 win and run with the 3 points. Everton away will be a tricky test and I think the Saints could give us a run but we should beat them at home. That leaves the Hammers at home - if we are flying high still by then - why not get the 3 points too?

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
This! Pool have been poor at home so we could win it but Mikel and the players really need to be up for it! Newcastle at home should be a win and United away - id be happy with a draw if it keeps Ole at the wheel lol if not then let's get a dodgy 1-0 win and run with the 3 points. Everton away will be a tricky test and I think the Saints could give us a run but we should beat them at home. That leaves the Hammers at home - if we are flying high still by then - why not get the 3 points too?
If we respect opponents too much, they will hammer us. We need to players that are good on the ball vs teams coached better. Keep Tavares at left wing vs Pool. Im thinking I want Partey with AMN.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
I'm usually positive but against Liverpool I don't see us getting any points. Klopp walks over Arteta

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Winning all six matches is unlikely, but I also think that we can beat Pool and United. One of our major advantages for the Liverpool match is that a lot of our main players haven't been called up for international duty.

White definitely should be a part of the England squad, but I'm very pleased that he'll get two weeks of training. Also, Gabriel hasn't been called up by Brazil either. Hopefully, Partey's injury is minor enough for him to not travel with Ghana, yet be fit for Pool. AMN didn't get called up, and neither did Laca.

The extra rest and training could be decisive against Pool.

Also, who knows what the chaos at ManU will look like by the time we play them. Before they play us they play Watford, Villarreal, and Chelsea, and all three matches are away from home. Even if the get a new coach, I can't see them beating Chelsea. Also, under Ole, they have an awful home record.

At the worst, we should get 12 points. 14 points would be fine, but 18 points is possible.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Liverpool can be beaten but im going for a draw. We'll beat Ole and get him sacked and by the time we get to West Ham they'll be out of steam.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
We win 5 out of 5 = We are going for the League.
We win 4 out of 5 = We will make CL
We pickup 11 out of 15 points = We will be right there until the end competing for Champions League spot.

I'm such an optimisit LOL

tcahill

A loss against Liverpool is highly likely, honestly I'd be ok with losing as long as we go down fighting. Sick of our guaranteed annual beatdown at Anfield.

Multipass

Given the run we’ve just gone on, I think 11 points+ will be an excellent return from these 6. If it includes a win against Man U or west ham even better.

no one expects anything from Liverpool but hopefully that means we can put in a good performance with the pressure off. The man city game capitulation was in part influenced by having come of two loses and needing to get our season going.

Gillaroo

Take it one match at a time. Who knows what will happen with injuries, suspensions and form for us and opponents? If people are so sure about future results take yourselves down the bookies and retire on the winnings. It’s all speculation!!

Top Bottom