• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang: Auba And Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriniGunner

Pen was a decent save. Two offside incidents weren’t great, but he’s getting in good positions. On another day he gets at least 2 goals. Reactions are OTT.

As a GK coach we want those penalties all day every day. It was poor from a player of his quality. He should be smashing those top or bottom corner.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Auba didnt want a comfortable 3 or 4 goal victory against Watford as he was worried the youngsters may have got carried away. He wanted the players to have to fight for a hard earned 1-0 & so remain humble.
Absolutely Top Psychology from the skipper🤪
#MyCPT

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard

That's almost 1 out of 3 times. This will end up hurting us like how his last minute miss vs Sp**s cost us 2 pts with which we would have had top 4 in emery first season

Otherwise he had a bad day but he will still be my undisputed starting striker. Just that he just has to give away pen responsibility if one of Laca pepe or amn are playing. Don't mind him being 4th choice.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Not even a bad record tbh. Blown way out of proportion it’s a very good thing we didn’t draw or lose.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Having him on pens, is like when we had Santi on pens...I will just never feel confident with him on them, just gives out nervous energy.
Did Santi miss any penalties besides the one at West Brom when he slipped?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The ball bouncing off him 7 yards from the goal is a bigger concern than missing a pen. He's been poor, it's going on for over a year now and I won't be fooled by his workrate, that means almost nothing for a team that doesn't press.

Most of his goals were tap-ins this season, it's nice that he scores them, but that alone won't get him to 15-20 goals this season that we need. We're basically working with another Giroud atm without the physical presence and holdup play. It's really poor IMO, not sure how you guys can justify him starting games.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The ball bouncing off him 7 yards from the goal is a bigger concern than missing a pen. He's been poor, it's going on for over a year now and I won't be fooled by his workrate, that means almost nothing for a team that doesn't press.

Most of his goals were tap-ins this season, it's nice that he scores them, but that alone won't get him to 15-20 goals this season that we need. We're basically working with another Giroud atm without the physical presence and holdup play. It's really poor IMO, not sure how you guys can justify him starting games.
Auba has made a career out of tap-ins because his movement is so good. A lot of his runs get ignored. Lost count the number of times he has played on the shoulder of the last defender and the pass hasn't come. He's a player who thrives on space. Apart from the 2nd half of 2019/20 season he's generally heavily struggled under Arteta.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
A lot of his runs get ignored. Lost count the number of times he has played on the shoulder of the last defender and the pass hasn't come. He's a player who thrives on space. Apart from the 2nd half of 2019/20 season he's generally heavily struggled under Arteta.
I agree with all of that, but what good is it to have a forward like him when you don't have players behind who would get the best out of him? It's much easier to replace him than 3 players behind, and he's not showing anything that would suggest he needs to start every game as he does. We are at the point where the team needs to carry him, and it was the exact opposite just two years ago

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I agree with all of that, but what good is it to have a forward like him when you don't have players behind who would get the best out of him? It's much easier to replace him than 3 players behind, and he's not showing anything that would suggest he needs to start every game as he does. We are at the point where the team needs to carry him, and it was the exact opposite just two years ago
Should've thought of that before we gave him that big contract

Tomb Bombadil

Having him on pens, is like when we had Santi on pens...I will just never feel confident with him on them, just gives out nervous energy.
But we have to say I wouldn't be confident with most of our players taking penalties. Laca should be No1 but who's next? I still would say Auba, I might even put Ramsdale as 3rd.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
This is a different take on Auba's contribution -

"In 2021/21, Auba is averaging 1.6 tackles, 16.9 pressures, 1.48 blocks per game whilst winning 48% of his aerial duels. Not only are these statistics significantly higher than last season, but they are among the highest in the league for players in his position. His 0.57 tackles per game in the defensive third is the highest of any forward in the top flight, with the average being 0.19" (all stats via fbref.com).

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Had a bit of a shocker against Watford but I'm not concerned really. He's been excellent of late and maybe was just a bit leggy.

His penalty away to Yanited last season made up for the miss in the NLD. If we get one at Anfield I hope he tucks it away to banish the memory of Watford.

Reactions: A_G

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Had a bit of a shocker against Watford but I'm not concerned really. He's been excellent of late and maybe was just a bit leggy.

His penalty away to Yanited last season made up for the miss in the NLD. If we get one at Anfield I hope he tucks it away to banish the memory of Watford.
By what metric did a penalty he converted in an 8th place season make up for him costing us CL football? That's quite a stretch.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

"In 2021/21, Auba is averaging 1.6 tackles, 16.9 pressures, 1.48 blocks per game whilst winning 48% of his aerial duels. Not only are these statistics significantly higher than last season, but they are among the highest in the league for players in his position. His 0.57 tackles per game in the defensive third is the highest of any forward in the top flight, with the average being 0.19" (all stats via fbref.com).

It’s not really what we’re paying him for though is it. If Auba isn’t scoring there’s not much point to him. He’s clearly on the wane.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
It’s not really what we’re paying him for though is it. If Auba isn’t scoring there’s not much point to him. He’s clearly on the wane.
Nah I totally agree with you, and it seems like a waste of his abilities if asking him to up the work rate is effecting his ability to score goals (I don't really see this as the problem to be honest, I think he's just missing those chances at the moment, rather than being in the wrong areas of the pitch).

That said though, if the team continues winning it's less of a problem and you can put it down as part of his overall contribution.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

The most exciting LB in the league 😍

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
By what metric did a penalty he converted in an 8th place season make up for him costing us CL football? That's quite a stretch.

Harsh to attribute us losing out on CL to that penalty miss. The results at home to Brighton and Palace sealed our fate really. Plus that was our first win away at OT since I was a virgin, we needed that monkey off our back.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Not even a bad record tbh. Blown way out of proportion it’s a very good thing we didn’t draw or lose.
Sorry dude thats below average from the Prem.
You should be scoring near 8/10 pens.
His stats are not very good tbh

These are the best btw so i dont expect that but should be at 75%
Matt Le Tissier252496%
Thierry Henry252392%
Leighton Baines222090.9%
Mark Noble312790%
Bruno Fernandes151386.7%

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Sorry dude thats below average from the Prem.
You should be scoring near 8/10 pens.
His stats are not very good tbh

These are the best btw so i dont expect that but should be at 75%
Matt Le Tissier252496%
Thierry Henry252392%
Leighton Baines222090.9%
Mark Noble312790%
Bruno Fernandes151386.7%
It's really not, first of all look up the amount of players who have missed 4 penalties or more before bringing up the all time great penalty takers.

Furthermore look up the amount of penalties City missed collectively in their most recent seasons, they don't even have a designated taker anymore because of it and they don't seem to do that badly?

Disingenuous to blame one guy for not finishing top 4 or winning matches with the amount of personnel involved. Oh, and Aubameyang to date still doesn't have the worst ratio at the club even after 14 penalties:

1636632992874.png

The only guys who have taken as many penalties as Auba and not missed as many are Henry and Wrighty who were next level elite.

It's for the best Auba takes them anyways, our other options there would be way too much vitriol if they ever missed and aren't always on the pitch anyways (Laca and Pepe).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom