• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
you are exactly the type of idiot who buys subjective opinion dressed up with a number rating as scientific. Something is scientific when it comes to one answer not a different answer, if there are 4 different numbers for same question than by definition not objective or scientific, go study up on your scientific method before you question other people’s intellect. I think you are as dumb as tits on a bull, that to is not scientific just my subjective opinion just like this number rating bullshit you call the scientific measure expected goals
Scientific results are not based on getting a single number (deterministic) for a particular hypothesis because generally there is uncertainty involved in making predictions or answering complex problems; hence they use probability.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Have to say, some absolutely awful posting last few pages from so-called 'Untouchable' posters.

Football is and always has been about 'the eye' and what you see happen on the pitch, regardless of stats.

Is there a stat for pride? No. Is there a stat for chemistry? No. What about stats for giving 100% when you step out under the lights? Absolutely not.

You look at Leicester when they won the league, they had all three of these things in every single game and that's what won them the league. This is what I see Mikels Arsenal team showing right now, which we haven't for years.

Arsène Wenger spoke about how data & analytics plays such a small part in football and the top coaches don't use them often, they watch the player.

MartiSaka

This is how asinine the dead horse is that I am not only beating to death but pulverizing. It claims that if Arsenal plays at current form for 38 games they should expect to score a total of 16 more goals and basically be relegated. This is the expected result of this scientific forecasting tool if we maintain our current level. Apparently, expected goals predicts we will be on current form in a regulation fight if we continue playing as we are now and that Sp**s should of won NLD
Your only talking about expected goals not our defence. We have only scored 13 goals this season which is way less than most of the top sides, so u would expect our xG to be fairly low. Its winning our close games and our defence (after the first 3 games) which is why we are currently 5th, not our attack by any means.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Have to say, some absolutely awful posting last few pages from so-called 'Untouchable' posters.

Football is and always has been about 'the eye' and what you see happen on the pitch, regardless of stats.

Is there a stat for pride? No. Is there a stat for chemistry? No. What about stats for giving 100% when you step out under the lights? Absolutely not.

You look at Leicester when they won the league, they had all three of these things in every single game and that's what won them the league. This is what I see Mikels Arsenal team showing right now, which we haven't for years.

Arsène Wenger spoke about how data & analytics plays such a small part in football and the top coaches don't use them often, they watch the player.

standing ovation clap GIF

MartiSaka

You could create metrics that are associated with some aspect of player chemistry easily enough; not difficult to model which players are passing to which other players, in which positions relative to each other, in which circumstances and with what results.
Furthermore a player effort (giving it 100%) can be inferred by considering a number of different player metrics depending upon the context (i.e. player position and game state). In some situations, maybe the distance the player covers in a match compared to what he usually does is a good metric of effort for a wing back. Coaches definitely use these metrics all the time in matches/ training.
So these metrics are not meant to replace but support the eye test, given coaches are unable to observe and ingest information about all players on the pitch at once. With AI, more sophisticated information will be extracted and better metrics will be obtained.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

The sheer potency of yer da in this post, I can smell the brown brogues and babestation subscription from here.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

“Has Mikel actually improved?”

Bro just enjoy the games. It’s too long to psychoanalyse whether or not Arteta is good.

The team is winning games and it’s fun to see that for the first time in years. Just let it happen bro.

Cards will fall where they may.
**** off this is literally the Mikel thread. You fat troll.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You could create metrics that are associated with some aspect of player chemistry easily enough; not difficult to model which players are passing to which other players, in which positions relative to each other, in which circumstances and with what results.
Furthermore a player effort (giving it 100%) can be inferred by considering a number of different player metrics depending upon the context (i.e. player position and game state). In some situations, maybe the distance the player covers in a match compared to what he usually does is a good metric of effort for a wing back. Coaches definitely use these metrics all the time in matches/ training.
So these metrics are not meant to replace but support the eye test, given coaches are unable to observe and ingest information about all players on the pitch at once. With AI, more sophisticated information will be extracted and better metrics will be obtained.
He’s trolling. Good answers though!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Elite stuff.

mpower2540

In fairness to Mikel he’s actually done a lot of the things I think we needed to do ages ago which was regenerate the squad and he’s done it in a relatively short period of time. Players or characters that weren’t up to scratch have been mostly removed whereas in the past we’ve indulged players far too much.

He’s managed through force of personality to get every player and ownership on board, they clearly all back him, to the tune of £150 million or so. Even during our disastrous run I didn’t hear any murmurings from players.

Have to say though, the area I thought he’d be strong in but where he’s shown the most weakness is actual coaching. Our attack for the most part still looks disjointed, we still struggle to really control games, he makes some baffling big brain decisions like going up against Man City with a midfield 1, Xhaka at LB, Tierney just pumping crosses in mindlessly as out only attacking outlet, our top goal scorer continuously moved around the team and really struggling to coach a team with a coherent press or able to play out against one.

He got the job on the back of being a really good coach at City as far as I’m aware yet I haven’t seen much flair in this regard. I think the upturn is almost solely down to him having better players available to him now.

I’m pretty positive about Arsenal at the moment just because I think most smart managers would be pretty excited to work with what we currently have which means to me we don’t have to be totally committed to Mikel and not worry too much if he’s not the guy.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Good article about the decline of Reading and their ongoing problems in the Athletic today. Despite their wealthy Chinese owners, they've made so many mistakes as a club, not least allowing Kia Joorabchian to play a central role in recruitment, acting as an informal “advisor”, and continuing to have an influence on player trading.

Fortunately Arsenal, after the sacking of Raul, seemed to have pulled back from using that dodgy individual after he took the club for an alleged £15m in the deals with Willian Cedric and Luiz. None of which took us forward.

Arteta has gone through a very steep learning curve. It's amazing that a club as big as Arsenal has allowed him to learn on the job.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Look at this "Galaxy Brain" level coaching here...

...love how confused they are, our players probably equally so :lol:

Credit to @BaZZe for bringing the full vid to my attention in the banter thread, Arteta was quite funny in it.
Wait why are the Sidemen with Arteta? :lol: I remember them doing a video with Arsenal ladies too maybe there's some sort of partnership. That coaching was so confusing though wtf is he on about? Don't make me be Arteta out again Riou I was just getting comfortable on this side.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Don't make me be Arteta out again Riou I was just getting comfortable on this side.
Why switch side now, just in front of the Liverpool game? You are playing a high stakes game there. If we lose big the proverbial **** storm will be coming. I have already put on in my hazmat suit. Put the plastic tarp on the floor and over the furniture for when the Arteta Out brigade charges. Feel some are lying low now, just stocking up on fluids and doing some light stretching!

Top Bottom