• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

International goal now, to add to his Community Shield medal he won last year.

21 years old, and he's already conquered football... outstanding!

200.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...wonder how Bac felt when he arrived, and that psycho Gallas had the number?

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
No bump in this thread even though he didnt play well yesterday
The kid has earned some credit in the bank by scoring in the last few games.
What i will say is that ESR & SAKA may be our star prospects but are young developing players & are nowhere near Mane & Salah levels.

Its great playing for your Country & scoring against the likes of San Marino but the step up to the highest level in football & putting on a performance against Liverpool at Anfield is massive.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Yeah, 1 or 2 players make it to the first team once a blue moon and always get overrated. Saka looks alright and ESR may be a PL level player but the rest are ****.
A bit harsh imo they should both progress and have very good careers.
They will have ups & downs especially at such a young age.
It will be a few years imho before we know if they can get to the very top level.
Its like when Wenger bought Ramsey, Walcott etc at a very young age & there were others we expected greatness from &
It never quite happened.
Decent pro careers without hitting the heights. tbf Ramsey suffered with injuries.
Ox another once bright young thing that has suffered with injuries stopped Saka scoring yesterday with a great interception.

Id sooner people played the youngsters down a little though than overrating them too soon which always seems to be the way on here.

mirrorstares

I don't really see what a lot of people see on him this season, but he's done a lot better than Ødegaard so I find hard to go after him

At least he's capable of getting involved in a couple of interesting moments every match.

Moah

A bit harsh imo they should both progress and have very good careers.
They will have ups & downs especially at such a young age.
It will be a few years imho before we know if they can get to the very top level.
Its like when Wenger bought Ramsey, Walcott etc at a very young age & there were others we expected greatness from &
It never quite happened.
Decent pro careers without hitting the heights. tbf Ramsey suffered with injuries.
Ox another once bright young thing that has suffered with injuries stopped Saka scoring yesterday with a great interception.

Id sooner people played the youngsters down a little though than overrating them too soon which always seems to be the way on here.
I never really had a problem with our academy products. Its just that this particular generation is getting way overrated for having a 6/10 performances during our worst period as a club and are spoken of like they are world class players.

I was impressed when Saka first started to play in our team during the Emery era but I can't really say he has improved much. He's been poor for about six months but I still think he may improve if given a bit of a break.

I don't believe ESR will ever be the "number 10" for us. Dude has got tunnel vision and I doubt that it will improve. The position requires the best and he just ain't it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I never really had a problem with our academy products. Its just that this particular generation is getting way overrated for having a 6/10 performances during our worst period as a club and are spoken of like they are world class players.
I'm a massive fan of our academy and want to see more players coming through, but somehow people think they should either be great or they should be sold if not.
The goal should be to have them as squad players so we don't end up spending money on players like Ode, Xhaka, Elneny, and so on, it's a waste of transfer funds and wages. The thing is that Ode is no better than ESR or Saka and we could've saved some 35m based on that fact, but we still invested in a squad player that could've been covered through our academy.
That's the whole idea of the academy for me, if a few of them can be top, amazing, but I'm happy that so many of them can be squad players and we could save so much money on that and invest it in top quality starting material, not roles that can be filled through the academy.

We actually have a great example of the failed planning this summer, money invested in Lokonga and Ode is about 50m, and it's gonna be hard to convince me that the two of them are any better than ESR and AMN, and that 50m that we didn't have to invest could've got us a fine starting CM. That's how the academy can improve our first team, but not in a direct way everyone thinks it would

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think it's incredibly unrealistic to have a squad made up of academy talents if we were to ever be a Champions league club it just doesn't work out that way.

Chelsea's transfer embargo aside, a big clubs academy is mostly a conveyer belt and a source of income. Arsenal currently have it right, the exceptional ones should be in the first team but most should probably be sold eventually like Willock and etc.

I know people really don't want Ødegaard to work for whatever reason, but he's been at the club for 5 mins really. I agree with @Moah tbh, I am a bit sick of the academy hype and I've seen it all before.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Think it's incredibly unrealistic to have a squad made up of academy talents if we were to ever be a Champions league club it just doesn't work out that way.
You don't actually want to see a full squad of academy talents, but having some basically enables us to invest money for great starting talent, the money we would usually waste on squad players, just to end up with limited funds to actually improve starting lineup.
I don't have that much hate for Ode, but was saying it before, he is not better than our academy players like ESR and Saka, he doesnt improve our starting team, and it's money that could've been used for that.
It's actually weird how fans quickly turn their back on the academy, but they are so happy to accept Ode and all the failed investments

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It's actually weird how fans quickly turn their back on the academy, but they are so happy to accept Ode and all the failed investments
I’m just speaking for myself personally, I think it’s too much about the academy.

If I’m honest, this is exactly my point Ødegaard has gotten lighted up for a sub appearance but ESR did absolutely f*ck all against Pool and he just gets a free ride from the fans, its the same old.

For the record, ESR has shown more than Ødegaard to date so I’m not making it a vs thing, if I had to pick one it’s probably ESR.

The AM credit rating system is just a bit sh*t which is my main beef really. We either turn a blind eye to all performances under 25 or we don’t.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If I’m honest, this is exactly my point Ødegaard has gotten lighted up for a sub appearance but ESR did absolutely f*ck all against Pool and he just gets a free ride from the fans, its the same old.
Not really a free ride, half of the forum is ****ting on the whole academy atm. I thought he would be a useful squad player this season but he somehow ended up as a starter with the club investing in a pointless transfer for Ode and benching Pepe because Arteta can't be bothered with him. The level of incompetence in planning is too much to absorb even for a club of this size

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Not really a free ride, half of the forum is ****ting on the whole academy atm. I thought he would be a useful squad player this season but he somehow ended up as a starter with the club investing in a pointless transfer for Ode and benching Pepe because Arteta can't be bothered with him. The level of incompetence in planning is too much to absorb even for a club of this size
Checking the Saka thread, yeah there is a bit of a turn you're right.

I think in terms of playing and selling - it's one of the few things the club is getting right at the moment anyways.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We shouldn’t be starting both ESR and Saka this much. We need a proven winger who can drag this team forward, takeover a game, add numbers, someone like Raphinha.
That's what I'm saying! These guys shouldn't be starting every game there's no way they'll be consistent enough. Also not like Arteta is going to improve them much either, he has no idea what he's doing out there.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
That's what I'm saying! These guys shouldn't be starting every game there's no way they'll be consistent enough. Also not like Arteta is going to improve them much either, he has no idea what he's doing out there.
No other ‘big’ club is doing it.
- Greenwood is in and out for Utd.
- Foden has been in and out for years at City.
- Hudson Odoi, in and out of the team. Half of their academy are out on loan/sold with a buy back clause.

It’s nice having academy players in the 11, the fans feel an attachment, we want them to do well, but we also have to realise when they are off form and need some time out. The media narrative that ESR and Saka carry Arsenal is becoming tiresome aswell.

Top Bottom