• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Football is lot like a relationship imo. A relationship can put you through a lot of ups and downs and it’s very hard to walk away. I leaned this the hard way. Don’t go back to an ex. Yes her a$$ might look bigger on her obligatory post breakup Instagram post but remember why you broke up with them in the first place. I don’t think people remember just how toxic things got at the end of Wenger’s reign. Do you think that would be a smart idea to go back to that AND Arteta in charge?

I agree with the relationship analogy.

It's hard, because there's always that part of you that wants to rekindle things, even if it's ended poorly because you love/d them and hope it can work out better this time. Logic is often overided by emotions in these situations.

Honestly I don't think Arteta would be an issue really. He and Wenger seem pretty close and I think Arsène is intelligent and emotionally mature enough to know not to tread on the managers toes too much.

I think if there's an issue it would probably be with others higher up in the hierarchy who Wenger probably feels hung him out to dry at the end of his tenure. I can see that being a bit of a stumbling block. He does still seem to hold a bit of a grudge there, which is understandable.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

You've not heard his recent quotes then :lol:

I'd like to see him left alone now tbh, Arteta and these guys are impervious to any real accountability let them get on with it I say.

It's a no win situation though.

Arsenal fans have been saying for ages to get Arsène back in a meaningful capacity, then when moves are made and bridges trying to be built some of the same fans just view it as PR or that Arsène should punish the club and fans by not coming back.

At the end of the day it's up to Arsène what he does but I don't see why any Arsenal fan wouldn't wish for him to come back in some capacity.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It's a no win situation though.

Arsenal fans have been saying for ages to get Arsène back in a meaningful capacity, then when moves are made and bridges trying to be built some of the same fans just view it as PR or that Arsène should punish the club and fans by not coming back.

At the end of the day it's up to Arsène what he does but I don't see why any Arsenal fan wouldn't wish for him to come back in some capacity.
I can't speak for all Arsenal fans but the Arsène fans on here have been very consistent in not wanting it to happen at all.

The way things are here, I wouldn't want him back purely because he would be a lightning rod for criticism.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

I can't speak for all Arsenal fans but the Arsène fans on here have been very consistent in not wanting it to happen at all.

The way things are here, I wouldn't want him back purely because he would be a lightning rod for criticism.

I think the root of is a lot of the more vehemently anti Arteta crowd don't want Arsène associated with him. If Arsène gives tacit support for Arteta by taking up a role they'll probably have to start saying Arsène has bought the Arteta spin etc.

If Arsène does come back in a fairly major role he should be accountable for the job he does but I'd think he'd get much more leeway and goodwill from the fans than Arteta, Edu, Vinai etc do. I don't think there are too many strongly anti Wenger types around the fanbase any more.
It's not like he'd be picking the team either.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think the root of is a lot of the more vehemently anti Arteta crowd don't want Arsène associated with him. If Arsène gives tacit support for Arteta by taking up a role they'll probably have to start saying Arsène has bought the Arteta spin etc.

If Arsène does come back in a fairly major role he should be accountable for the job he does but I'd think he'd get much more leeway and goodwill from the fans than Arteta, Edu, Vinai etc do. I don't think there are too many strongly anti Wenger types around the fanbase any more.
It's not like he'd be picking the team either.
Couldn't disagree more. The way the Kroenkes are along with the autonomy Arteta and Edu have been afforded, any role Wenger would have here would be trivial at best. Already, you're saying he would get more leeway just because a lot of us hate Arteta so much.

I'd rather he just stayed away exactly for this reason, this process is this current lot's process and they should be left to it. He still has a lot to give to football and Arsenal doesn't deserve it.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Seems like a proper cheap move from Arteta bringing up Arsène to try and bring fans back on side. He needs to take responsibility for his own failures in the job and not bring other people into it.

Arsène has been out of the club for 3 years now, seems the happiest and healthiest he's been in years, let him do his thing in peace. If he wasn't still so respectful of the club he could've done and said a lot more in the time since he's been gone but has left them to get on with it.

It would've been a hell of a lot worse for Emery and now Arteta if they'd had the shadow of Wenger looming over them in the stands.

GDeep™

League is very weak
When are people going to leave Wenger alone? The guy is gone, Micky, it’s your ship now, don’t try to drag others on your titanic.

Wenger has been totally humiliated by the club, can’t even build a little cheap statue for him, they waiting for him to die? What’s the point of that.

Just let Wenger chill, I don’t want to see another 20 million videos on AFTV abusing him, or people forgetting about Micky and talking about Wenger.

We wanted to move on and break away from Wenger, let’s leave it at that.

I dont care much for xG tbh. Im not that into football. I spend more time on sharp opening lines in chess.

My wain worry with Tetz so far is that it just doesnt feel we are scoring goals by just playing football. I mean there are few goals where we had like over 20 passes between the players. But this season it feels like all our goals have been because set pieces, opposition error, or just pure ugly football from us where the ball somehow ended in the net.

I want Tetz to improve this!

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

3 goals is comical and certain man still want to remain on the Titanic.

🤣

Just saw a video of Wilshere remaining tight lipped about a possible return. If Arteta signs him up then he should be sacked as soon as he does. He’s annoying as **** and dusted.

scytheavatar

Established Member
If Arsène is offered a meaningful position and one he thinks he'll succeed at, he'll be back. No question.

He loves Arsenal more than probably anyone.

Yeah he's 70+, got more money than he could ever spend. Those things don't mean anything when you're emotionally invested in something though. He loves football that's why he's at FIFA and not on a beach. I guarantee he loves Arsenal more than FIFA.

The one thing we know about Arsène is that he's an idealist, not a pragmatist. If he thinks there's a few more chapters to write in his Arsenal legacy, he'll come back to end it on a high.

Did you watch The Invincibles documentary? Wenger looks like someone who freaking hates Arsenal right now and wants nothing to do with us. He is clearly super bitter over how he left the club and thinks he is entitled to be dictator in Arsenal for life. Due to how he could have left us and become Madrid manager instead. Either way I doubt he will quit his FIFA job which he seems to enjoy a lot to become Arteta's underling.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

From todays press conference:

"" (T)he preparation is important but what is more important is perform well, play as good as we can and then we will be close to winning the match. ""

This may sound like a rather boring cliché but isnt it also another way for the worst manager in the league to distance himself from his responsibility over what happens on the pitch?

Top Bottom