• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Longterm? No. But in an interim role and then moving upstairs? Sure. What the guy's done at the beginning of his career as a coach has been tremendous, even if it was in lower leagues. He was the last decent Schalke manager and got them their last trophy, and everyone knows that club is batshit crazy to work at.

But what's the most relevant and most impressing is his background influence on football in terms of influencing other managers, how managers and players are scouted and developed and not least how he turned village club Hoffenheim into a Bundesliga club and build the Red Bull franchise basically from scratch. Sure, there was money to play around with, but there's tons of ways to still **** up in both cases. People he's developed are working all over the footballing world, too.

The Russia thing looked dodgy from the beginning, and hiring his mate Gisdol as coach kind of confirmed that was a cash grab and to get out of the RB world.

Schalke was 17 years ago though. That’s the only season apart from the Red Bull years when he had a win ratio of above 50%.

There’s loads of guys out there who changed the game and were pioneers but it’s a big step asking them to run your club in 2021.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You’ve improved since you took my advice to be more aggressive. Similar to when i told @OnlyOne to go hard on the banter, he’s flourished like a rose.

Any other posters need some advice, let me know.
I feel like I haven’t reached my full potential as an AM poster, how would you advise me in reaching that goal?

GDeep™

League is very weak
I feel like I haven’t reached my full potential as an AM poster, how would you advise me in reaching that goal?
I think you have to post more, you’re on/off atm, pretty inconsistent. Don’t think you’ve found your niche either, you’re doing a little bit of everything - trolling, trying to be funny, calling others out, dropping ball knowledge etc. I would pick one and go hard with that.

You have a lot of potential you haven’t tapped into. You’re like the Martial of AM, what’s your position, what’s your role? Are you even happy here?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I think you have to post more, you’re on/off atm, pretty inconsistent. Don’t think you’ve found your niche either, you’re doing a little bit of everything - trolling, trying to be funny, calling others out, dropping ball knowledge etc. I would pick one and go hard with that.

You have a lot of potential you haven’t tapped into. You’re like the Martial of AM, what’s your position, what’s your role? Are you even happy here?
My prime trolling years are over and these days there’s way too many trolls on here, onlyone has lost his mind with the trolling. Also too many people trying to be funny and I get banned so all my jokes are watered down now, mods treat me like how refs treat Arsenal. Can’t even talk ball cos nerds ruined it with their nonsense stats.

Think it’s time I retired honestly not much left for me here anymore.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Schalke was 17 years ago though. That’s the only season apart from the Red Bull years when he had a win ratio of above 50%.

There’s loads of guys out there who changed the game and were pioneers but it’s a big step asking them to run your club in 2021.

Schalke was 10 years ago, not 17. He had two stints at the club. And the building of Hoffenheim and Leipzig - which is far more a representation of what he's actually been doing recently, has all happened within the last 15 years.

I do rate him as a good coach, but obviously there's better ones out there. Just take that gen of Klopp/Tuchel who have been influenced by him and his methods but far surpassed him in terms of actual success as coaches. He's highly rated for his achievements and innovative methods as a coach especially during the 90s, but never reached the highest heigths and there were and are better coaches than him for various reasons, he very much reminds me of Bielsa in that regard, but the main thing you get with him isn't that he's an absolute top tier coach but the package of behind the scenes work and methods he brings with him. You could do much much worse in picking an interim coach, and the main thing here is him becoming DoF after the interim stint. One solution for two problems, and surely not the worst one.

I mean apart from Zidane, Favre and maybe Fonseca the list of available managers is absolutely appalling. I don't think Rangnick will have a Klopp or Tuchel like impact on United, but imo they will perform better than under Ole and at the same time have a longterm solution to overhaul their operative methods, streamline their strategy and thus implement a comprehensive identity instead of just mumbling on about having one but still acting like idiots.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Sensational stuff from Merse this. 💯 agree.

It was an okay argument until he used "he's never managed in England" as one of his points, not even going to bother mentioning the foreign managers that have had success. He's right that Rangnick doesn't have top club experience so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out given all the hype, the main hope is for him in these 6 months is to at least instill some kind of plan and vision to work towards, which is what he's all about and then a manager can in Summer expand this further whilst Rangnick is overseeing it from upstairs.

Think the no-plan thing is odd considering he's staying in a consultant role for at least 2 more years. This was probably the best way we could have handled it, this is a job that calls for experienced hands and he's exactly that, he's a clear upgrade from what we have had and for these 6 months it's just about building the blocks.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
It was an okay argument until he used "he's never managed in England" as one of his points, not even going to bother mentioning the foreign managers that have had success. He's right that Rangnick doesn't have top club experience so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out given all the hype, the main hope is for him in these 6 months is to at least instill some kind of plan and vision to work towards, which is what he's all about and then a manager can in Summer expand this further whilst Rangnick is overseeing it from upstairs.

Think the no-plan thing is odd considering he's staying in a consultant role for at least 2 more years. This was probably the best way we could have handled it, this is a job that calls for experienced hands and he's exactly that, he's a clear upgrade from what we have had and for these 6 months it's just about building the blocks.
Merson basically said what i said though i never said anything about England. If he'd managed even another couple of decent sized clubs somewhere in Europe, not even big teams, i'd keep quiet and see how he goes. At the moment, his cv reads of someone that's worked at Aldi, Lidl and W.H Smith and applying to be prime minister.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Question is though for Rangnick, how the hell do you play with a high energy press and shoehorn Ronaldo, The Poundland Fridge, Shaw, Pobga etc. into the lineup. It will be interesting to watch. I hope he fails, but he is a good pickup for ManU, no question.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Question is though for Rangnick, how the hell do you play with a high energy press and shoehorn Ronaldo, The Poundland Fridge, Shaw, Pobga etc. into the lineup. It will be interesting to watch. I hope he fails, but he is a good pickup for ManU, no question.

Rangnick's words "Little bit of pressing is like little bit of pregnant, you're either pregnant or not." Meaning he'll do what's best for the team.

At present we've been doing this thing where half the team presses and half the team doesn't and it's so disjointed.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Rangnick's words "Little bit of pressing is like little bit of pregnant, you're either pregnant or not." Meaning he'll do what's best for the team.

At present we've been doing this thing where half the team presses and half the team doesn't and it's so disjointed.
Like I wrote, it will be interesting to see what he does to get them to play better. I feel adding Ronaldo was a big mistake. He just is not a player you can carry in the PL as it is right now. But maybe Rangnick can find a way to play him and build a system around him that works.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Like I wrote, it will be interesting to see what he does to get them to play better. I feel adding Ronaldo was a big mistake. He just is not a player you can carry in the PL as it is right now. But maybe Rangnick can find a way to play him and build a system around him that works.

We're not carrying Ronaldo, he's carrying us. We would be out of the Champions League by now had it not been for him. Ronaldo is actually pretty smart with his pressing, you'll see it in the clip below but it's the ones behind him like Martial that are so static.

But back to Rangnick, I'm sure he's aware how much of a mess our system under Ole was. He clearly wants to have something definitive.

Reactions: Kav

Latest posts+

Top Bottom