• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle United | Saturday 27th November | KO: 12:30 GMT | BT Sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Auba was always a bit wasteful but it’s getting real bad now. Proper worried about our CF’s. Laca had a lot of bad touches as well when he came on.
Both were poor today, but Auba takes the prize easily. He has just gone stone cold as of late. Proper Giroud streak going!

GDeep™

League is very weak
I want Arsenal back in the top 4, although not sure why when I think about it because we'd still be very far behind Europes best. I leave the manager bollocks to you lot. Couldn't give a **** who was managing us.
Yeah I don’t know what top 4 gets you, it wasn’t good enough before for you.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Newcastle had 5 shots on target (only one less that us) and Ramsdale made five saves....Upwards.
They were mostly pot shots, we coulda played all month Newcastle were never scoring I don't think.

First half was boring as hell, but can't fault the team performance tbh. Hale End FC combined down the left hand side of the pitch with some intricate play to break the dead lock in the second half and it was curtains after that.

Liam_Og

Lots of pro’s and cons to todays performance, full backs are getting better and better, but someone needs to tell Tavares that he shouldn’t shoot on his right foot.

No-one in midefield of half forward line played badly, ESR was busy both sides of the pitch and always looking for the quick 1-2, Ødegaard off the pace, and physically got knocked about a bit too much. Still confident it will click with him as long as he doesn’t look at La Liga and pine for his high flying pals at Socieadad.

The club has a real problem at CF. Auba is still working hard, but its not coming his way, he seems to have developed a bit of panic in his game. Laca as much as i like him is slowly declining and looking worse and worse in a league known for intensity and tempo.

We can only pray that a world class striker is on the shopping list.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah I don’t know what top 4 gets you, it wasn’t good enough before for you.
It was actually. I was probably in the minority who agreed it was like a trophy when most panned Wenger for saying it. But on its own continuously for years, with only Sp**s and Everton to finish ahead of can get a bit tedious—particularly when you’ve got some of the best players in the world in the team.

Would you swap those last 4 FA cup wins for not falling out the top 4?

Melquiades

Couldn't watch because the power was out but I'm glad we won and especially pleased that Saka scored, Tavares and Tomi got an assist and Martinelli scored. The stats look better but the only thing I would say that seems concerning is that Newcastle had 5 shots on target (only one less that us) and Ramsdale made five saves....Upwards.

5 shots on target but they really only had one quality scoring chance all game - a great fingertip save by Ramsdale off Shelvey. It was generally a good defensive effort, albeit against weak opposition.

First half we had tons of possession but our attacking moves were ponderous and marked by some poor passing and terrible shot attempts and execution. Pretty disappointing.

Second half was far better and legitimately good. Moves had much more speed and purpose and far better execution. Scored twice and should have had 3 if the obvious bodycheck to the head on Martinelli was called a penalty.

If we play like we did in the first half against United, we will lose. If we play like we did in the 2nd half, we probably win. Hopefully it was just a case where they needed to get some feeling and confidence back after the setback against Liverpool.

bergholt

We can only pray that a world class striker is on the shopping list.

Yeah I’m sure that’s the case but doubt we’ll get one in January. At this point I think we should just rotate Martinelli, Nketiah, Balogun and see if one can find form. Not much to lose given the way the old guys are playing.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
They were mostly pot shots, we coulda played all month Newcastle were never scoring I don't think.

First half was boring as hell, but can't fault the team performance tbh. Hale End FC combined down the left hand side of the pitch with some intricate play to break the dead lock in the second half and it was curtains after that.
Nice to hear this. I'm still watching. It's easy to take a break when you know the result

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Only one actual save from Ramsdale today, though it was a very good one from Shevley...defensively we were very good.

Attacking wise, room for improvement but we are getting better I feel, should have won by more...you did miss a hilarious Auba miss though :lol:
I'm still watching the full match but watched highlights first after I saw your post. If Auba can't score those then God help us.😭

Liam_Og

Yeah I’m sure that’s the case but doubt we’ll get one in January. At this point I think we should just rotate Martinelli, Nketiah, Balogun and see if one can find form. Not much to lose given the way the old guys are playing.

I think January will be busier than the summer, with a winter WC, a lot of top tier players might not want to make a move 3 months before a world cup.

Add to that, the growing concern on covid, clubs might spend now, while they can. Incredibly hard to judge where its going to finish.

The other issue is what (potentially) world class talents are/will be available? And which of those will want to join a ‘project’ team?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
0_BS-1.png

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Nice watching the highlights after. That Martinelli goal just looked too easy, the LB was taken for a ride by him.

Lovely to see him score such a goal (and like always great effort otherwise).

It was quite an easy win overall, but we should've scored more. They weren't much of a threat other than the awesome Ramsdale save.

Just love to see Newcastle keep plunging after their new owners news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom