• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang: Auba And Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Did Santi miss any penalties besides the one at West Brom when he slipped?

He was good at them, just something about him put me off.

Think it was an interview where he said, pen takers have to always be calm...but when the interview asked how he felt taking pens, he said he was always nervous...he was too nice to be taking pens, imo :lol:

Reactions: A_G

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Scored a pen vs libya

But hearing kind of got injured in the last minute but was fine to walk

Riou

Auba said he first did his now well known fill celebration, when he was having a dance battle with some dude in a nightclub 🤣

Riou

Auba said he first did his now well known fill celebration, when he was having a dance battle with some dude in a nightclub 🤣

He also said that he was close to joining Sp**s when he played for Saint Etienne (thank God that didn't happen) but he would rather retire than play for them now.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Without his goals we might not have even been up there in contention in the first place.

I'm sure we could point to several winners and/or equalisers that season.
You should score from 12 yards out. Period.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The graphic from MOTD showed that we've scored 14 goals in our last 8 matches - which was 3rd best in the league, and also we're 4th in the league for shots on target over that period. So it's not the same story, it's a bit of an AM myth. Question is whether can sustain that against the better teams and fit the season.
The stats surprised me and I feel are a bit misleading. I asked earlier whether overall shots on target was down across the board for this season and it would be interesting to find out. As @dashsnow17 said, we're not a good attacking team-yet. With our starting 11 fully fit and now established, the next game vs a wobbly Liverpool will be a better indicator than the good results we've had since game 4. Except for Sp**s, not many games have been relaxing and convincing. I always feel we're one step from throwing away points. Our defence has noticeably improved which is fantastic and the first 3 games certainly skewed our GD, but I feel over the season, we will need to create more if not better chances to score.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
The stats surprised me and I feel are a bit misleading. I asked earlier whether overall shots on target was down across the board for this season and it would be interesting to find out. As @dashsnow17 said, we're not a good attacking team-yet. With our starting 11 fully fit and now established, the next game vs a wobbly Liverpool will be a better indicator than the good results we've had since game 4. Except for Sp**s, not many games have been relaxing and convincing. I always feel we're one step from throwing away points. Our defence has noticeably improved which is fantastic and the first 3 games certainly skewed our GD, but I feel over the season, we will need to create more if not better chances to score.
Don't disagree with you on most of this. We need to get better as a team and there is still room for improvement in most areas, especially around possession and in the final third.

But it's been a good run, we're scoring goals, creating chances and not conceding many shots or chances. Yes, we're not dominant like the top three teams, but honestly who expected us to be this season? It's not realistic. We need to watch and see if the team can build from this and improve now. It's a very young team; 5 first team players in their first season together so there will be more wobbles for sure, but hopefully the team gets more fluent & consistent over time as well.

mpower2540

Im looking forward to the end of the Auba era now. Didn’t think he was particularly bad today but he doesn’t suit this team at all plus he never fills me with confidence in these tricky away fixtures.

Having to run around like a madman and receive zero service for a forward who looks like he’s quite an emotional guy really can’t be filling him with confidence.

However he’s just legit bad at holding the up and relieving some pressure in these games. The ball just kept coming back. For the times he’s carried us he must regret not choosing to move on to a team that could actually get the most out of him.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Radio silence yet again? Where are the tweets clowning his finish? Was very poor yet again today, the bloke is not the player he was and I wonder when his staunch defenders are going to start smelling the coffee.

mirrorstares

Field day for his haters indeed

It's not that he's completely useless when the opposition is sitting back. He's a top level striker, it can be done, but if Arteta barely gets anything from him with counter setups it's no surprise he's reduced to this level on these kind of matches

Riou

Main man saving his goals for when we really need them, how can you not love him!

Loves a goal at Old Trafford too...

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service

It's not that he's completely useless when the opposition is sitting back. He's a top level striker, it can be done, but if Arteta barely gets anything from him with counter setups it's no surprise he's reduced to this level on these kind of matches
Field day for his haters? Where are his haters? I’m the only hater in here, the rest of AM is stoned out of its mind on Mr Wizards finest. Honestly it’s pathetic the way people just disappear once the narrative turns against them.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
To be honest he hasn’t been the same player since his big contract, sometimes it happens in sports. He had a lot of issues personally and fitness wise last year. But he has had quite a few really poor performances lately.

Fabregasm

I don't think there's any haters, everyone probably will just agree he has nothing much to offer to the team right now. Poor in link up and missing chance after chance. I would rather give Balogun or Martin a run even if they don't perform and at least they gain exposure as compared to him disrupting the play and momentum. So far he was the difference between us getting comfortable victories over newcastle/watford or kind of scraping through. Against quality opposition he will cost us points over those misses and bad play.

Wryer

Arteta and co has started the rebuild from the defense. That has worked out pretty well so far.

Its time to fix the front line, starting with Auba and Laca. Don't get me wrong. I think they've been great servants to the club, but whether because of age or just pure motivational reasons, they both haven't found another level.

Its time to shake things up and importantly bring out another level out of the likes of ESR and Saka, before they get frustrated with the responsibility and lack of support.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He needs to sit for a while as he adds very little at the moment. I like Auba, but everyone has to deliver and he sure as hell isn't at the moment.
More like he hasn't delivered for the past year and a half. With all the excuses going on last year you could say OK, he will get better once everything is sorted, but this season there shouldn't be any excuses.

He is by far the worst performer within the first team and still plays all the time, and that's going on for way too long

Riou

If Auba and Laca can play their part in getting Arsenal Champions League football, especially since they helped us win our record 14th FA Cup too, they can certainly leave with their heads held high.

Both have had their issues here, but you can see what it means for the 2 of them to play for the club...you can tell they watched us growing up.

Back both to play a big part in our success this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom