• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Is it only me who remembers the quality of Tierney's attacking contribution last year? He had fb after fb on toast.
Definitely not just you. Tierney's got another gear I think. He's an attacking fullback in the old sense though. Would fit like a glove in one of Alex Ferguson's teams - so far although you can see his quality, it doesn't translate quite as well to what Arteta is trying to do. Definitely wouldn't rule him out though, suspect he starts the next match

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I don’t even know who you are!
you do get a lot fire on this site, despite our disagreements I think you are a pretty good poster and cool. Nothing will top the Trilly, Willy, Milli, Vanilly smack down you got it was good comedy albeit not nice to read if you are on receiving end. Thank god my name doesn’t rhyme with anything

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
We need that flair...hope he co tinues to shoot. He can become a true goalscoring weapon from full back...Dani Alves should be the player he should his game after.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He have such great energy he run for 90 min up and down without look tired. Even if one day we end up playing with 343 he'd made really interesting wingback because of his speed.

Still improvement needed from him defensively hopefully he improves that in coming years.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The LB situation is looking pretty decent now to be fair. Got a fairly experienced one in KT and an up and comer in Tavares.

Was one of my concerns last year with KT. Him getting injured, and he is fairly injury prone and you had the likes of Cedric having to fill in there. Wasn't good.

LB shouldn't be a position we have to worry about for a while now which is nice.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
"I am fast, I am good at shooting with my right foot, but I'm left-footed," Tavares told Arsenal.com. "I can dribble, improvising. That's my qualities, my technique. I have more qualities and I will find more in this club.

"I'm so excited because it is a big club and for me as a young guy, it is a pleasure to be here," he added.

"When I finished the season my agent told me that Arsenal were interested in me. In the first instance I was very happy and after this I dreamed about it, and [spoke about it] with my mum. I was so excited to be here, and now I'm here I'm so happy.

"Mikel and Edu helped me so much. They speak with me every time, and call me and I feel people want me here. I like that because I need this power and I'm so grateful for this
Yes Nuno, your right foot shots are very good indeed :lol:

Won't be long before Real Madrid put in a bid for him.

Wryer

Arteta needs to select and manage his games very closely. Insane talent with tons of room for improvement, but already showing ability to dominate.

Plutarch

Taking ridiculous shots and blasting the ball over the bar isn't minor, it's a serious fault. Every time he does it, we lose a good attacking position. I hope we see Tierney back for the Man United game.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I was at the ground and Nuno had a bit of a mixed game in my opinion. He squandered a few good positions with terrible shots and crosses like 3-4 times (especially in the first half).

But he was always a threat down our left side for their fullback and obviously provided that fantastic assist for Saka.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Taking ridiculous shots and blasting the ball over the bar isn't minor, it's a serious fault. Every time he does it, we lose a good attacking position. I hope we see Tierney back for the Man United game.
Yeah, we won't count all the pointless crosses from Tierney there which have the same effect. Really a poor argument from your side IMO.

Tavares had an assist yesterday, would be 2 if Martinelli could control the ball better, and you still come up with this :lol:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I was at the ground and Nuno had a bit of a mixed game in my opinion. He squandered a few good positions with terrible shots and crosses like 3-4 times (especially in the first half).
All of his shots were actually decent decisions with bad technical execution. Tierney can waste much more per game with his crossing, and most of it is bad decision making when taking a cross with the wrong people in the box or no Arsenal players there at all.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
All of his shots were actually decent decisions with bad technical execution. Tierney can waste much more per game with his crossing, and most of it is bad decision making when taking a cross with the wrong people in the box or no Arsenal players there at all.
Tierney doesn’t do it that much. People in the ground were looking at eachother laughing after the 3rd one in 5 minutes before half time.

Tierney has been more wasteful this season with his crosses than before, I agree. But I think Tierney will be a different animal when he comes back into the side. He never had any proper competition and now he just lost his place to the new boy. If he plays like he did last season he’s our best fullback.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
But I think Tierney will be a different animal when he comes back into the side.
That's based on what? I don't think Tierney was that bad in the first place, just saying that Tavares is simply more versatile and talented when going forward. Most LB's will actually be similar to Tierney, Tavares is something different but still very raw

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah, we won't count all the pointless crosses from Tierney there which have the same effect. Really a poor argument from your side IMO.

Tavares had an assist yesterday, would be 2 if Martinelli could control the ball better, and you still come up with this :lol:
Just desperation really, Tierney will be back in the team eventually anyways so people should relax.

There's literally no difference between Tierney's hit and hope cross spam and Nuno's rubbish shots except Tierney does his way more frequently (contributing to our record high crossing numbers in a lot of our losing matches last season but I digress).

It's really interesting how people still find a way to pick sides.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
One of the most gifted athletes I've seen at the club. Obviously Thierry is king in that aspect, but Nuno is right up there. Struggling to think of many that have his explosive pace but also immense agility. Maybe Adebayor?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
One of the most gifted athletes I've seen at the club. Obviously Thierry is king in that aspect, but Nuno is right up there. Struggling to think of many that have his explosive pace but also immense agility. Maybe Adebayor?

Welbeck was an elite athlete at his best too, just too many injuries.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom