• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang: Auba And Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Next summer we need refreshing our attack even if auba is here but he isn't same player last 3 games he missed 3 goals and getting bit ridiculous he miss from 3 yards out.
He got 1 chance and missed it. He's missed chances like that since the day he joined Arsenal btw, but sign whoever you want though.

A guy who can hold up and contribute more to build up play would be great, but then it's back to square one because your next problem is where are the goals going to come from. Which means Auba on the left if he's still here - but then that's another problem isn't it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He got 1 chance and missed it. He's missed chances like that since the day he joined Arsenal btw, but sign whoever you want though.

A guy who can hold up and contribute more to build up play would be great, but then it's back to square one because your next problem is where are the goals going to come from.

Which means Auba on the left if he's still here - but then that's another problem isn't it.
I think we can mix between if we smart we need more of target man like Giroud guy win headers and like you said he better with hold up play but with much better all round quality the closest players to his ability are Vlahovic and Isak it'll be interesting with who we'll replace laca i hope Bolagun have really good loan in January it'll save us alot of money if he hit ground running

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I stand with @Macho our captain deserves more respect and appreciation...an elite scorer, that has done a lot for us, should support him during the hard times.

Sure, I was saying Ollie Watkins > Auba last season...but I was young and naive then, I am nearly 30 now and starting to finally understand football!

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I stand with @Macho our captain deserves more respect and appreciation...an elite scorer, that has done a lot for us, should support him during the hard times.

Sure, I was saying Ollie Watkins > Auba last season...but I was young and naive then, I am nearly 30 now and starting to finally understand football!
People can appreciate who they like I just wish we would call a spade a spade that's all.

If people want a playmaking forward who's fast, strong, can header and take 100% of any chance that ricochets onto their lap within 90 mins then just say that then.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

People can appreciate who they like I just wish we would call a spade a spade that's all.

If people want a playmaking forward who's fast, strong, can header and take 100% of any chance that ricochets onto their lap within 90 mins then just say that then.

It seems like they want some mythical striker that doesn't exist, or certainly one that doesn't come cheap. He had the strong, target man who holds up play and links up and most people agreed that he cost us titles and we just needed a striker who'd be prolific and offer a threat in behind. Now we want to go back to the traditional 9?

How many of those are there that are also prolific. Most of them are unattainable like Lewandwoski, Benzema and Kane are the strikers than do everything. Haaland too. We're signing none of those. Vlahovic seems to be a good mix of target man and prolific, but quoted at a crazy price and rumoured not to be interested in coming here.

That leaves our options very limited, and I doubt we're signing a perfect well rounded striker. It'll either be another younger Auba if we're lucky, and we were lucky to have Auba in the first place. Someone who's quick and gets goals but lacks in other areas or we'll sign a more traditional 9 who maybe isn't a threat in behind or isn't as prolific. We're not getting both, if a striker who ticks all the boxes still exists they're going for an astronomical price to one of the bigger and richer clubs.

I wouldn't mind, a few weeks a go Auba was playing pretty well without scoring loads. He's had a bad few weeks now and all of a sudden they're acting like he's been washed for ages. Fair enough he isn't 19/20 Auba but let's not completely bury him like many seem desperate to do.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
The fan base is utterly deluded on this subject, he's been poor for 18 months, his good periods have been patchy at best. Just imagine what an Auba miss compilation in that period would look like. We had an opportunity to sell which with the benefit of hindsight we should have taken and reinvested in a younger, better striker. He's supposed to give us goal threat in exchange for hold up but scored less in the league than Laca last season. The investment in Aubameyang has already been made and it's clear he's trying despite his failures, so there's no discussion to be had there.

However, I find it very difficult to read the energy people go at in many cases brand new constituents of the squad while coddling Auba and totally anaesthetising themselves from reality.
Let's call a spade a spade, he's 32 and past his best, it's unfortunate but thats life. He's been a great servant to the club but in the light of Wenger it's clear this fan base has trouble moving on. I'd have been more confident in Balogun making a contribution yesterday.

OSBK

Established Member
Peeps still saying this guy is a elite striker. He is a prolific walcott. He rolled up his sleeves against Sp**s for the first time in 12 months, we havent seen that level of performance since. There is no more excuses for him, it was position, then wingers, then a cam which have all been addressed. Arteta cant be blamed for this, if we had lukaku up front we would be a beast of a team.

Tomb Bombadil

A guy who can hold up and contribute more to build up play would be great, but then it's back to square one because your next problem is where are the goals going to come from. Which means Auba on the left if he's still here - but then that's another problem isn't it.
I think Saka and ESR showing more and more goal threat and with a better CF they will profit even more. At least against teams that defend deep I would bring in Lacazette for Aubameyang if not play him in the 10 role.

Auba had a really poor start to the season. He works for the team but that's just not enough.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I think Saka and ESR showing more and more goal threat and with a better CF they will profit even more.
Saka and ESR could go 6-7 months with no real output calmly (and have tbh). Nobody would say boo, so no I disagree with them being a bigger goal threat it’s not really expected of them and whatever they contribute is celebrated.

Auba has started the season ok, some were even saying 2 weeks ago before his poor Liverpool game that this is arguably the best Auba we’ve seen in a while. I even complained about this myself.

We will see what really happens once Arteta brings in his forwards anyways. Personally, I felt Martinelli and Balogun looking ineffective at the start of the season spoke volumes but this has been forgotten.

mirrorstares

Considering Ødegaard and Willian have been Arteta's only attacking signings so far, I'm quite confident we're going to miss him a lot.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

More like he hasn't delivered for the past year and a half. With all the excuses going on last year you could say OK, he will get better once everything is sorted, but this season there shouldn't be any excuses.

He is by far the worst performer within the first team and still plays all the time, and that's going on for way too long
I rate him as a player, but right now he isn't scoring and deserves some time on the bench. You cannot be the striker and liss like that. He is giving Timo Werner a run for his money! He is also not getting any younger and his skill set isn't a great fit with how Arteta wants to play. An energetic target man would be a better fit I feel. Actually think Laca is a better fit than he is.

Pyres7

It's hard to defend him when he's missing penalties and open goals 4 yards out. No excuses for those misses. With his experience he should be putting away bread and butter chances like that with his eyes closed.

But not much has changed, he's still feeding off scraps. Offensively our system isn't working even with three creative players behind the CF. The first 45 minutes against Newcastle were painful to watch. It's clear that a box striker like Auba is never going to work. Martinelli and Eddie are the same - they're not as limited as Auba but they can't play with their back to goal.

A false nine wont work either because there will be too much of a goal burden on guys like Saka and ESR. It has to be someone really strong with his back to goal as well as being prolific with a high chance conversion rate. Ideally someone who can create chances for themselves too. Good luck to Edteta finding that guy, I'm sure they'll get the cheque book out and try, but whoever we buy will have their work cut out for them playing for Arteta.

bastun

Player:Saka
Auba misses chances like that his whole career. Always had this in his game. Can score an impossible goal and then miss a sitter.

OSBK

Established Member
Just seen a picture of him at the awards last night. I hope its fake, everyone there in black tie and he has a orange lambo tshirt on and a cap.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Just seen a picture of him at the awards last night. I hope its fake, everyone there in black tie and he has a orange lambo tshirt on and a cap.
Love it, the guy is bringing casual back as a work at home guy I feel a matching adidas jump suit is the modern equivalent of the three piece suit

Pop Tart

Established Member
Anonymous as always, and just a sitter merchant now. Unfortunately he is holding us back and needs to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom