• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Except he isn't more technically gifted. His touch is poor and he is extremely one footed. He is a better passer but both ESR and Saka are way more comfortable performing all over the pitch.

I watched all these guys come through the academy. Patino is more technical than both (better footwork, close control, short and long passing range). I would say Hutchinson and Patino are the most technically gifted prospects I have seen come through in the last 5 years.

The only other one just as gifted was Reiss Nelson. Saka's touch is not that good, it can be hit or miss, even when he was in the academy. It was always Saka's decision-making, movement and crossing that stood out to me above everything else.

ESR is a powerful runner and had an amazing shot in the academy that has not translated to the first team, but he was not even more gifted than Chris Willock from what I saw. Patino is probably the most naturally gifted since Wilshere, only him and Saka have genuine world class potential from all these young player, imo.

akhil

I watched all these guys come through the academy. Patino is more technical than both (better footwork, close control, short and long passing range). I would say Hutchinson and Patino are the most technically gifted prospects I have seen come through in the last 5 years.

The only other one just as gifted was Reiss Nelson. Saka's touch is not that good, it can be hit or miss, even when he was in the academy. It was always Saka's decision-making, movement and crossing that stood out to me above everything else.

ESR is a powerful runner and had an amazing shot in the academy that has not translated to the first team, but he was not even more gifted than Chris Willock from what I saw. Patino is probably the most naturally gifted since Wilshere, only him and Saka have genuine world class potential from all these young player, imo.

None of this is a constant though. Their level at a certain age is not necessarily the level they'll be throughout. None of these guys have finished growing yet in terms of power.

Nelson has not been able to translate his talent at the top level for whatever reason, be it mental or physical.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
None of this is a constant though. Their level at a certain age is not necessarily the level they'll be throughout. None of these guys have finished growing yet in terms of power.

Nelson has not been able to translate his talent at the top level for whatever reason, be it mental or physical.
I can already tell that for every talented player we have in the academy there will be a Nelson debate to prove they are all ****.
On the other hand, from all the top talents that we've had for the past 6-7 years, Nelson was the only one that didn't make it so far while others are doing really well at some top clubs or at least at a high level

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

ESR is a powerful runner and had an amazing shot in the academy that has not translated to the first team,
Yeah I remember this, the croydon De Bruyne comparisons were actually accurate.

Strange how some players shooting ability doesn’t translate, maybe it’s a mental thing, maybe some players need a lot more time to get off a clean shot.

Where would you rank Iwobi’s technical ability amongst the players you listed? For me he’s still one of the silkiest players that has come though, shame he lacked in other areas.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I'd be very surprised if Patino and Azeez didn't make it, particularly Patino. I'd almost fancy him to come into the team and have more of an impact than Ødegaard now. It's an incredible selection of young talent and in a few years I think people will come to acknowledge this. The academy's popping.

As for Smith Rowe's striking skills, he needs to relax more, I saw glimpses of it last season, there were a few times he let his instincts take over and he was able to play an effortless long pass and he struck a clean shot against Sp**s. I believe a lot of it comes from the hit in confidence he will have taken from injury, the best way to work your way back is to play short and fast as it's safer at higher levels but if one does this too much longer range skills decay as options. Shooting more will help him, he tenses up a lot when he shoots but this will definitely loosen up because he keeps getting in positions and getting practice at it. Long range passing /shooting muscles must be flexed to be options, I hope some more of these come to him with time but they may not, a lot of it depends on what he's prepared to try.

Last edited:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Where would you rank Iwobi’s technical ability amongst the players you listed? For me he’s still one of the silkiest players that has come though, shame he lacked in other areas.
Iwobi had some insane skills. Allied to his physique it should have been a winning combination but he was never quite able to bring it all together. Thought we should have played him deeper but considering it's never really been properly tried the coaches don't fancy him their.

Getting £35m for him is probably pound for pound the best (outgoing) Arsenal transfer that we've done?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Iwobi had some insane skills. Allied to his physique it should have been a winning combination but he was never quite able to bring it all together. Thought we should have played him deeper but considering it's never really been properly tried the coaches don't fancy him their.

Getting £35m for him is probably pound for pound the best (outgoing) Arsenal transfer that we've done?
Tbh there was still a lot of potential when we sold him. He was (statistically anyway) one of the best ball carriers around and his ceiling for short, technical link up play is basically limitless, he could mix it with anyone in that department. Add the physique and HG status and yeah, maybe they only overpaid by 5M or so imo.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Selling the useless Chamberlain for over £40m was even a better deal.
That was the other contender. Maybe the Chamberlain deal is slightly better... He's gone on to win the PL and CL though as a squad player whereas Iwobi's done next to nothing

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That was the other contender. Maybe the Chamberlain deal is slightly better... He's gone on to win the PL and CL though as a squad player whereas Iwobi's done next to nothing

Walcott was daylight robbery by that stage of his career as well :lol:

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I disagree Everton over paid a lot, he would of been better playing deeper. Iwobi is a bigger Aaron Lennon looks great on the ball but because he can neither pass nor shoot he is despite his ability to run with the ball pretty ineffectual he hasn’t burned it up at Everton either

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

At the time i thought it was a mistake to let iwobi go.
I really thought he had superb potential. I thought if he could put it all together & add goals to his game he would be an absolute top level player.

Now Everton fans think he is stealing a living there & want shut of him.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
ESR is a powerful runner and had an amazing shot in the academy that has not translated to the first team, but he was not even more gifted than Chris Willock
Chris was more highly rated than Joe wasnt he? I watch quite a lot of Championship football & one of my mates is a QPR fan who goes to all their games & is impressed by him.
From what i have seen of him (championship games) he has decent technique, can score goals & looks to have more natural skill/flair than Joe although perhaps not his running ability?

I obviously wouldnt swap ESR for him but it will be interesting to see how he develops & if he can become a prem league player?

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Chris was more highly rated than Joe wasnt he? I watch quite a lot of Championship football & one of my mates is a QPR fan who goes to all their games & is impressed by him.
From what i have seen of him (championship games) he has decent technique, can score goals & looks to have more natural skill/flair than Joe although perhaps not his running ability?

I obviously wouldnt swap ESR for him but it will be interesting to see how he develops & if he can become a prem league player?
Willock should not have been let go another better player whose future in the club is because Xhaka is here, see something in Xhaka none of us do. Whenever he was given a chance to play he didn’t disappoint and created quite a bit of goals when he was played in the cups. Iwobi it was apparent after a year or two with the senior team at least for me that he was not a premier league attacker. He was a great athlete and good dribbler he just was never able to create anything. People trash Theo but if you have Theo enough chances he would bag some goals and was a better passer than people gave him credit for.

Geofranco

Yea Chris was def more naturally gifted than Joe. He was prob the best dribbler I have seen in the academy, apart from Wilshere. I had high hopes for him, thought he could develop like Nasri did, but his shooting technique was never great and he always seemed a bit soft to me, those were the two big things that I questioned about him.

Geofranco

Yeah I remember this, the croydon De Bruyne comparisons were actually accurate.

Strange how some players shooting ability doesn’t translate, maybe it’s a mental thing, maybe some players need a lot more time to get off a clean shot.

Iwobi was very good technically. I would say his technique was a little cleaner than Saka and ESR. When he was on, he had quick feet, close control and could link up with the best of them. His touch was also better than those guys. He also had size and strength, Iwobi's biggest issue was the killer instinct, just didn't have it in him.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom